PDA

View Full Version : 25th Annual Toy Run

swademaster
Sun Nov 7th, 2010, 09:22 PM
This year's date is December 5th.

Blake and I are planning to make it unless there is a snow storm like last year. If I can get it approved, Blake will be riding the 50.

Who else will be there and where do we want to meet up for breakfast?

http://cdn-4.psndealer.com/e2/dealersite/images/rockymountainhd/Harley%20Toy%20Run%20Flyer1574.JPG

rforsythe
Sun Nov 7th, 2010, 09:44 PM
In! Snow or sun. The VI we hit up last year worked well.

Joe
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 06:33 AM
You know I'm in!

I've been waiting for RMHD to update their website on this, but it looks like you've got the inside scoop. Thanks for finding this.
(edit - looks like I was watching the HOG site, not RMHD's... oh well)

Good luck on getting Blake on his own wheels, but I doubt it will work.
I'll be scheming the next month about how to make it happen.

I like that Village Inn we met at last year.

salsashark
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Provided there's no snow... and I'm not sick as a dog this year, I'm in.

VI @ Hampden and Tower? Or was there a location change?

asp_125
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 07:50 AM
:up: I was gonna say a bit far in advance.. but it's less than a month out. Must've been all this great weather.

birchyboy
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 08:20 AM
I'm in if it isn't slippery.

Reyven
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 09:40 AM
In if the weather holds :)

Sean
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 09:58 AM
I haven't done this yet and I'd really like to. Imagine the kids eyes when they see a new present AND a KLR! :rock:

Anybody know what happens if you register and then can't make it? (just in case)

salsashark
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Anybody know what happens if you register and then can't make it? (just in case)

They take away your Harley Davidson purchase pre-approval certificate... think you can live with that?!

Actually, nothing. It happened to me last year. I registered then got super sick... oh well. With the snow that blew in, I didn't miss much.

Sean
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 10:39 AM
They take away your Harley Davidson purchase pre-approval certificate... think you can live with that?!
No. Sounds like they would pull my Wisconsin citizenship card. :bigeyes:

Time to look into some heated grips :cold:

Sir Bacon Lube
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 12:17 PM
IN pending snow

OUTLAWD
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 12:46 PM
mehbeh

swademaster
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Good luck on getting Blake on his own wheels, but I doubt it will work.

I know, but I will try. They let the quads ride in it last year and they aren't street legal either.

I'm going to try to register this week. I'll let you know what I find out.

NUTZ
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 01:08 AM
I'm in as long as the road is dryish...

FZRguy
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Snowmobile would have been good last year. We need a tard contingent if the weather cooperates.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 09:29 AM
i'm out, my work x-mas party is the night before in Blackhawk.

Joe
Fri Nov 12th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Even though this is listed on Mile High HD's Homepage,
I got 2 VERY blank stares when I walked in Weds night.

I told them they might want to find out what's going on, since its on their homepage.

I might bug them again tonight on my way home.

Joe
Fri Nov 12th, 2010, 04:05 PM
---UPDATE---
Mile High Harley Davidson is not signing up until November 18th.
I don't know what the other dealership's schedule looks like.

- Every rider and passenger must wear an official event bandanna the day of the ride to participate.

You know, a bandanna... the official helmet of Harley.

swademaster
Fri Nov 12th, 2010, 05:07 PM
I'll get our bandannas tomorrow.

FZRguy
Fri Nov 12th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Can I just bring my own bandanna?

swademaster
Sat Nov 13th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Registered today. Looks like Blake will be riding with me.

Joe
Sun Nov 14th, 2010, 05:24 AM

Which Slow-Bike Dealer did you go to?

swademaster
Sun Nov 14th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Sun

speedking
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 02:48 PM

Count us in Wade. Sarah and I will get signed up in the coming weeks.

"I ain't wearing no stinking Harley bandana"!
:down:

Where are you thinking for breakfast this year?

--Sk

~Barn~
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Damn, I want to join in on this..... It's been far too long.

FZRguy
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Damn, I want to join in on this..... It's been far too long.

you gotta bike.....

~Barn~
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 08:08 PM
True. But a variety of other things, I do not. =)

mastap07
Sun Nov 21st, 2010, 09:21 PM
doin it and in for breakfast with the village people!

Mother Goose
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 08:13 AM
Kris and I are in as long as the weather holds up. I'll go register this week.

RajunCajun
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 10:21 AM
I'd be down in a heartbeat, but alas, no bike:( Hopefully by next year....

asp_125
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 10:21 AM
I need to remember to go register.

{Dammit I forgot to do so again}

swademaster
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 08:39 PM
What's the location of the VI we are having breakfast? What time so we want to meet?

FZRguy
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 09:19 PM
The VI at Chambers and Colfax is just down the street from the park, so I’m guessing that one around 8AM.

DemonRider
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 10:55 PM
This will be my Third group ride if I can get in... , Live near Sun H-D is that where we can register?? any advice, on Group riding, I've only ridden with inexperienced groups of H-D riders, haven't been out with Sport-bike rides yet :) then again, there might not be a deference but what do I know??

FZRguy
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 11:14 PM
This is more like a parade than group sport riding.

DemonRider
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the clarification, but a good place to start meeting new people non the less, I hope :hibye::hibye:..... figured what the heck.... gotta start somewhere :cheers:! I assume we just ride down to the meet place @ VI, and go from there after pre-registering, right?

This is more like a parade than group sport riding.

Joe
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 06:34 AM
I'm Weary of meeting THAT close (VI at Colfax and Chambers) because of how crowded it might be. We've previously done the VI at Hampden and Tower, but there's also one at:

Mississippi and 225
and
Chambers and Illiff

Dam, there's a lot of VI's. Never knew how many until I Google'd it.

Let me know what you think.

salsashark
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 07:06 AM
I don't know about last year, but the prior we met at the Hampden and Tower VI, then rolled up tower to the park.

rforsythe
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 08:46 AM
Hampden and Tower was plenty close and not as prone to crowding. Try to imagine what will happen to any restaurant within a mile of that place when 5,000 hungry fat people in leather seek sustenance.

swademaster
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 03:24 PM
This will be my Third group ride if I can get in... , Live near Sun H-D is that where we can register?? any advice, on Group riding, I've only ridden with inexperienced groups of H-D riders, haven't been out with Sport-bike rides yet :) then again, there might not be a deference but what do I know??

I'm not too far from you, 112th and York. A friend from Fort Collins is planning to meet at my place and ride down together. You are welcome to join us if you like.

DemonRider
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 03:48 PM
That would be cool, thanks:) , I just registered at Sun this afternoon and got the bandanna, so we should be ready to go as long as there's no snow on the ground!

I'm not too far from you, 112th and York. A friend from Fort Collins is planning to meet at my place and ride down together. You are welcome to join us if you like.

Joe
Wed Nov 24th, 2010, 05:20 PM
I attached the form in case anybody wants to print it out and have their passenger sign it, so the passenger doesn't have to be at the dealership.

It looks like we're sticking with the Tower and Hampden Village Inn.

FZRguy
Wed Nov 24th, 2010, 06:35 PM
For those of you that have done this at the old Aspen Grove and current staging area, have they improved the getting in and getting out process?

salsashark
Wed Nov 24th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Well... yes and no.

The set up and staging is very easy. The park they use has a huge looped drive that they line up in.

Also, the drop off and parking worked very well.

The down side is that the new ride is a very slow procession down Colfax. When it was at Aspen Grove and we rode downtown, the trip down Santa Fe was a blast. I missed the year that they ride went out to Aurora, but that was the swan song for it staging in Littleton. IIRC there were several accidents on I25.

So if you're new to this and thinking it's going to be a huge ride, then you may be disappointed.

In the end, this isn't for the "ride", it's for the Children's Hospital so it's worth it.

asp_125
Fri Nov 26th, 2010, 02:03 PM
REGISTERED!!

Buddau
Sat Nov 27th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Doh! I was looking forrward so much to do this again, but I will be out of town on the 5th.

speedking
Sun Nov 28th, 2010, 04:52 PM
REGISTERED!!

--Sk

speedking
Sun Nov 28th, 2010, 04:56 PM
..... as there's no snow on the ground!

Here is the forcast at 1 week out.....

Sun Dec 5th

40% change of snow showers
44F High

Saturday Dec 4th

10% chance of moisture
44F High
Mostly Sunny

Maybe we'll get lucky and have the snow on Sunday hold off till Monday.

--Sk

swademaster
Sun Nov 28th, 2010, 09:52 PM
I will plan on the VI at Hampden and Tower at 8 AM.

I will be leaving around 7. Anybody up north that wants to ride down together is welcome to meet at my place. I live near 112th and Colorado. PM me for directions.

rforsythe
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Planning the same (VI @ 8 ), sun or snow. It's not like it can be any worse than last year's blizzard.

salsashark
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Registered this weekend... Surprisingly not as difficult as in years passed. Looks like they're finally figuring that if you say "register at any HD dealership", that doesn't mean pick up a form and then take it across town.

Anyways, I have my protective bandanna, see you all at VI.

salsashark
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Reminder:

2010-2011 Wish List

Thank you for your interest in donating toys and other needed items to The Children’s Hospital! As a result of our community’s generosity, we are able to help make the Holiday Season, Birthdays, and other special events memorable for our Patients and Families!

If you are interested in having your donation included in our 2010 Holiday Distribution, please deliver your items to the Volunteer Office by Wednesday, December 15, 2010. This will allow our staff sufficient time to prepare the donations for the Holidays.

To better assist you with decisions regarding donations, please keep in mind:
1. Due to infection control guidelines for all of our patients, we cannot accept used items.
2. Items need to be in their original packaging.
3. We cannot accept toys that depict violence.
4. Newborns, infants/toddlers, and adolescents are the age groups in greatest need.

Most Needed Items
Portable DVD Players
X Box 360 Controllers
Markers
Water Color Paints
Play Doctor Kits
DVD’s for all ages (no “R” please) English and Spanish
Popular Disney DVDs (Bolt, Cars, Princess & the Frog, Tinkerbell, etc.)
Polaroid cameras
X Box 360 Games (no “M” rating, please)
Nintendo DS lite, DSi
Gift Cards to Target, Wal-Mart, Movie Theaters, etc.

Newborns, Infants, and Toddlers

• Plastic & Washable Mobiles
• Shape Sorters
• Rattles & Teethers
• Stacking Rings
• Light-Up & Musical Toys
• Music & Activity Boxes that attach to a crib
• Little People Play Sets
• Crib Mirrors
• Riding and Push Toys
• Blocks and Building sets
• Excersaucers
• Vibrating Bouncy Seats
• Boppy Pillows and Covers
• Swings
• One-sies
• Receiving Blankets
• “Tag” Blankets
• Lullaby CD’s
• Preemie Clothing
• Board Books
• Fisher Price Baby Gym

Teen and Adult Items

• Sports Equipment
• Clothing (“Hoodies” (Sweatshirts), PJ’s, Sports Teams Logo Wear, etc
• Book Sets
• Arts and Crafts (Klutz & Art Kits)
• MP3 Players
• Bionicles lego kits
• Games
• Digital Cameras
• One Time Use Cameras
• CD/Radio Stereo Systems
• Music CD’s
• 3-D fun puzzles
• Hand Held Games
• iPod Docks

Other Items (For all Ages)

• Crayons
• Colored Pencils
• Scissors
• Play Dough
• Bead Kits
• Craft Kits
• Fuzzy Felt Posters
• Lego Kits
• Search and Find Books for all ages (I Spy, Where’s Waldo, etc)
• Lift and Look (“flap”) books
• Story Books for all ages (English and Spanish)
• Batteries (C or D sizes)

FZRguy
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 07:13 PM
What time are you guys leaving VI for the park?

asp_125
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Anyone leaving from the 'Ranch area?

speedking
Tue Nov 30th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Planning the same (VI @ 8 ), sun or snow. It's not like it can be any worse than last year's blizzard.

Weather forcast just changed today, so things are looking up if weather patterns hold out:

Sun Dec 5th

10% chance of moisture
42F High
Mix of Sun and clouds

Saturday Dec 4th

10% chance of moisture
44F High
Mostly Sunny

It's gonna be chilly in the morning, high 20's at 8am.

:cold:

--Sk

Tylar
Tue Nov 30th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Weather forcast just changed today, so things are looking up if weather patterns hold out:

Sun Dec 5th

10% chance of moisture
42F High
Mix of Sun and clouds

Saturday Dec 4th

10% chance of moisture
44F High
Mostly Sunny

It's gonna be chilly in the morning, high 20's at 8am.

:cold:

--Sk

Hmm, 9News says 55, Fox31 says 54. Lows at or just below freezing.

speedking
Tue Nov 30th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Hmm, 9News says 55, Fox31 says 54. Lows at or just below freezing.

I was checking weather.com......

We'll go with Kathy and Becky's forcast.

Sunday: Partly cloudy, breezy and cooler. Morning lows will be from 25 to 30 degrees, afternoon highs from 43 to 48 degrees (9news.com as of 5pm MST)

:up:

--Sk

Tylar
Tue Nov 30th, 2010, 04:58 PM
I was checking weather.com......

:up:

We'll go with Kathy and Becky's forcast.

:p

--Sk

I wondered.....+1 for downsloping winds. wx.com has issues addressing the 14k foot bumps we have to the west when forecasting. Great when you need weather reports for Kansas......crap when it comes to us.

Enjoy, guys!

Mother Goose
Tue Nov 30th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Signed up today. :up:

rforsythe
Tue Nov 30th, 2010, 08:34 PM
It's gonna be nut-chilling cold in the morning for sure, but sounds like it'll warm up nicely for the rest of it. :up:

Penadam
Wed Dec 1st, 2010, 07:53 AM
Going to register this afternoon. Anyone leaving from the north Lakewood area, or want to meet to leave from around there?

What's the procedure for the toy(s)? Do we drop it off at a HD dealer, or just bring it with us to the sports park?

salsashark
Wed Dec 1st, 2010, 08:04 AM
^^ Bring the toys to the sports park.

We'll then ride tot he hospital and drop them off there.

Mother Goose
Wed Dec 1st, 2010, 08:19 AM
Going to register this afternoon. Anyone leaving from the north Lakewood area, or want to meet to leave from around there?

What's the procedure for the toy(s)? Do we drop it off at a HD dealer, or just bring it with us to the sports park?
I'm off I-70 and Kipling. Is that north enough?

Penadam
Wed Dec 1st, 2010, 08:35 AM
I'm off I-70 and Kipling. Is that north enough?

Ya. I'm at 20th just east of Kipling. Wanna meet at the gas station at Kipling and 44th?

Mother Goose
Wed Dec 1st, 2010, 08:44 AM
Ya. I'm at 20th just east of Kipling. Wanna meet at the gas station at Kipling and 44th?
That'll work. I'm planning on hitting up the breakfast meet before hand, so we'd need to leave by 7:20.

Penadam
Wed Dec 1st, 2010, 10:25 AM
So much for sleeping in Sunday. I'll be there on a black and silver CBR a little after 7.

Mother Goose
Wed Dec 1st, 2010, 11:04 AM
I'll be on a black R1 that looks like my avatar.

NUTZ
Wed Dec 1st, 2010, 10:16 PM
Registered See everyone at the V.I.

OUTLAWD
Thu Dec 2nd, 2010, 09:48 AM
wow...I'm gonna have to leave the fort ~6...its going to be coooold!

is there a deadline to sign up by?

and the closest dealer is sun!? man, somebody is really trying to convice me its not worth it...lol

Mother Goose
Thu Dec 2nd, 2010, 09:50 AM
wow...I'm gonna have to leave the fort ~6...its going to be coooold!

is there a deadline to sign up by?
Dave, if you wanted to come down the night before, you can crash on our couch. :up:

OUTLAWD
Thu Dec 2nd, 2010, 09:52 AM
Dave, if you wanted to come down the night before, you can crash on our couch. :up:

might take you up on that...i'll let you know. thanks!

EDIT: anyone wanna stop in a stealership and sign me up? ;)

madvlad
Thu Dec 2nd, 2010, 04:50 PM
Sweet the toy list is here, long time no see guys. A friend is gonna let me ride his R6 for the event. Going in to register tomorrow after work, anyone riding from the Lakewood/Littleton area to the Village Inn?

Reyven
Thu Dec 2nd, 2010, 10:03 PM
Registered! :yay:

Cap'n Crunch
Fri Dec 3rd, 2010, 08:12 AM
Just registered last night. This is going to be awesome! The weather is going to be great, the roads are sand free and we are bringing presents to kids in the hospital - good stuff.

madvlad
Fri Dec 3rd, 2010, 08:36 AM
Just registered last night. This is going to be awesome! The weather is going to be great, the roads are sand free and we are bringing presents to kids in the hospital - good stuff.

Hell yea dude, I remember my first toyrun. All the inside streets by my house were iced up so I had to walk the bike all the way out to almost belleview but still made it lol

Cap'n Crunch
Fri Dec 3rd, 2010, 08:58 AM
Hell yea dude, I remember my first toyrun. All the inside streets by my house were iced up so I had to walk the bike all the way out to almost belleview but still made it lol

Which part of Littleton are you riding from? I'm over at Broadway and Mineral and looking for some ppl to ride over with, if your interested in meeting up somewhere. Or, if anyone is riding over from the Littleton area...

madvlad
Fri Dec 3rd, 2010, 09:27 AM
I'm right off coalmine and wadsworth but down to meet anywhere. Gotta text my friend Ryan and see if he is riding this year or not. Last year it was his dad, brother, father in law and myself and met up with everyone else at village inn. If any other Littleton/lakewood riders want to get a group going that'd be cool

Cap'n Crunch
Fri Dec 3rd, 2010, 09:43 AM
Cool - Which route do you guys take to get out to the Village Inn? We can choose a meeting point along the way.

OUTLAWD
Fri Dec 3rd, 2010, 10:03 AM
come on...I know somebody wants to sign me up....i really don't have 2.5 hours to waste riding down to sun today or tomorrow....

Mother Goose
Fri Dec 3rd, 2010, 10:20 AM
come on...I know somebody wants to sign me up....i really don't have 2.5 hours to waste riding down to sun today or tomorrow....
ou have to sign up and sign the paper in front of them. So no one can really sign you up. I'm pretty sure you can register at the meeting place.

madvlad
Fri Dec 3rd, 2010, 12:51 PM
Cool - Which route do you guys take to get out to the Village Inn? We can choose a meeting point along the way.

We took belleview all the way to I-25 to 225 and then to Parker rd and then hampden straight through. I might start a thread in the area to see who wants to meet up. What time would be good you think?

FZRguy
Fri Dec 3rd, 2010, 04:38 PM
Registered today at Freedom HD. Riding from Lakewood at 9AM directly to the staging area. Will look for you guys. Anyone wanna meet at Breck's for lunch after the ride?

swademaster
Sat Dec 4th, 2010, 01:02 PM
I'm pretty sure you can register at the meeting place.

In past years you have been able to sign up that way.

FZRguy
Sat Dec 4th, 2010, 01:06 PM
I don't think you can register at the staging area. You must pre-register at an HD dealer.

swademaster
Sat Dec 4th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Last year we I never made it to the staging area due to the weather, but I'm almost positive 2 years ago they let people register that way.

FZRguy
Sat Dec 4th, 2010, 01:22 PM
I think that has changed to streamline getting all the bikes staged.

swademaster
Sat Dec 4th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Could be.

FZRguy
Sat Dec 4th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Best to pre-register. It was a snap at Freedom HD....and all those lightweight, fast and inexpensive bikes to look at.

Spiderman
Sat Dec 4th, 2010, 03:36 PM
:santa:

Registered today at Sun. Took all of about 2 minutes. 8)

See you guys at Village Inn tomorrow morning! :cold:

Mother Goose
Sat Dec 4th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I called Freedom HD yesterday and they said you can not register at the Toy Run, you have to do it beforehand.

Spiderman
Sat Dec 4th, 2010, 06:21 PM
I overheard somebody at Sun today say something to the same effect.

madvlad
Sat Dec 4th, 2010, 06:52 PM
As I was registering yesterday at RM Harley and heard the desk Guy tell the other dude that was registering that they were going to let people register at the entrance but they recommended it done while he was there.... I dk don't take it from me, just what I heard.

asp_125
Sat Dec 4th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Bike.. check, heated gear .. check, bag o' toys.. check. :up: see you all at breakfast.

Cap'n Crunch
Sat Dec 4th, 2010, 10:53 PM
When you sign up at the Harley shop they give you a hankerchief to show your registered. They were telling the Harley guys to tie the hankerchief around the left mirror. But, I thought I overheard someone saying that the sportbikers were supposed to wear it as a neckerchief.... :)
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx302/RC5104/avatar6877_4.jpg

madvlad
Sat Dec 4th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Toys were just a bit too big for my back pack so had to return them and get smaller boxes..... man what an epic fail!... and they told me to tie it to the right mirror at rocky mountain yesterday.

Spiderman
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Sun was telling people to tie the kerchief to the right handlebar... the right mirror is perfectly acceptable on a sportbike. If you don't have a right mirror then I guess you can't participate. :shock:

J/K - tying it to your right wrist should be just fine as well. 8)

Cap'n Crunch
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 06:44 AM
LOL... I was just kidding about the neckerchief thing. See you guys there. Don't forget your bandanas.

Joe
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Sun was telling people to tie the kerchief to the right handlebar...

Oh... I guess I better change then...

ghostrider_9
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 01:11 PM

This scares me . . .

salsashark
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 01:14 PM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_WENF5AxFUtU/TPvxjCGTPxI/AAAAAAAALsc/Lpj_bgeDNAM/s640/022.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_WENF5AxFUtU/TPvxuX51byI/AAAAAAAALto/do6gqJmzsLI/s640/041.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_WENF5AxFUtU/TPvxycxJGbI/AAAAAAAALuA/W35_xxeQTbA/s640/046.JPG

madvlad
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Fatal Failure joe LOL ..... great seeing some of you today, good toyrun and hopefully I'll be able to join more rides this spring/summer once I get my own bike.

Mother Goose
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 01:39 PM
My pics....
FULL SET (http://www.flickr.com/photos/wickyr1/sets/72157625410572701/)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5205/5235709372_feea263a57_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5207/5235116715_c5d80dbf25_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5242/5235710148_d6807d0921_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5085/5235118591_e6f0ba69fb_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5249/5235121431_acf36f83d3_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5049/5235715910_8bc48a5e2a_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5250/5235124265_e14ba4a8cf_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5245/5235125851_bb0af4ce1a_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5048/5235127985_99fa8af620_b.jpg

Mother Goose
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 01:40 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5247/5235722366_753eb4c3e6_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5249/5235722706_6be1aa425e_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5162/5235723120_39ed0f88d5_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5048/5235136021_7c6b928df6_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5042/5235136533_10c163a044_b.jpg

America.... Fuck yeah.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5168/5235730736_9f6c4f602e_b.jpg

asp_125
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Nice pictures Goose. I'm glad they organized the staging a bit better this year. Sorry about leaving you behind, Christi and Spiderbob. I thought we all left the VI together.

salsashark
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 01:50 PM
It all worked out in the end :oops:

Mother Goose
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 02:09 PM
BTW, if anyone wants any of the pictures I got, just shoot me a PM. :up:

Spooph
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 02:11 PM
What a kick in the pants. I will HAVE to join next year!

Mother Goose
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 02:26 PM
This is from my friend Justin who was volunteering w/ his wife, who works at the hospital. He said there was 4000-5000 riders.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs351.ash2/63180_10150103525240928_669660927_7722743_4699490_ n.jpg

asp_125
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 02:27 PM
BTW, if anyone wants any of the pictures I got, just shoot me a PM. :up:

Umm I think you need to photoshop out the grey in my hair. ;)

madvlad
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 03:03 PM
This is from my friend Justin who was volunteering w/ his wife, who works at the hospital. He said there was 4000-5000 riders.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs351.ash2/63180_10150103525240928_669660927_7722743_4699490_ n.jpg

Holy mountain of toys Batman!... very Nice, glad the kiddos will have a smile on their faces and a pleasant holiday season.

Penadam
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Total number of riders: 4000-5000.
Total number of sportsbikes: 100
Total helmets used: 100

I kid I kid. I was amusing that everyone in our group had proper gear on, while only about 1/5 of the other riders did. I don't even care about the safety aspect, how do you ride in 35 degree weather without a helmet?

Also, the guy pulling the 'sleigh' trailer was awesome. If it was completely full of toys, he should get credit for 1/6 of that pile.

asp_125
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 04:27 PM
I think they might have lost a kid or two under that pile!

I counted ~24 of us on bikes, and maybe 6-8 more family members at breakfast. Way to represent, CSC!

~Barn~
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 06:05 PM
The CSC has always known how to rep this event. Nicely done you guys!

Thanks for posting up the pics, Wick.

Tylar
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Well done, folks.

Cap'n Crunch
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 06:31 PM
That was too much fun and it wasn't as cold as I thought it would be. I will definately be back next year. Thanks everyone! Chadwick - awesome pics! You've got a PM inbound.

Cap'n Crunch
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 06:31 PM

LOL... that's just wrong man.

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Anyone who was unable to participate, you can have another opportunity to help kids here:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37194

This is in Greeley and last year there were a couple hundred bikes.

Good for you guys! What a haul! Can you imagine being 10 years old again and seeing that pile of toys??

~Kat~
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 08:47 PM
This was really fun, despite how frozen I was! First year I have been able to participiate and totally worth it and I plan to do it again and again. :yes: :santa:

OUTLAWD
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 10:18 PM
brrrrr....I think I'm still cold.

Good cause, good people, good weather...what a great day!

Joe
Mon Dec 6th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Does anybody remember the photographer's website that was sitting at the entrance to the hospital?

I do remember the sign said we were in "Group 3."

DemonRider
Mon Dec 6th, 2010, 08:39 AM
This was my first event with you all and it was great, thanks a lot!!! Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet all of you, maybe next one. Looking forward to some great times!

asp_125
Mon Dec 6th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Does anybody remember the photographer's website that was sitting at the entrance to the hospital?

I do remember the sign said we were in "Group 3."

I found this link from our archives. :dunno: dunno if it's the same guy.
http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/6768895_omX9P#432856517_p9yn2

speedking
Mon Dec 6th, 2010, 09:13 AM
This was my first event with you all and it was great, thanks a lot!!! Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet all of you, maybe next one. Looking forward to some great times!

Ramone,

Good to meet you and glad you could make it. Sorry we lost you in the chaos of the hospital lobby.

:loop:

Keep an eye on future events. We look forward to seeing you at them.

Cheers,

--Sk

Joe
Mon Dec 6th, 2010, 09:40 AM

Yup, that was it. Thanks.

Spiderman
Mon Dec 6th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Great turnout for a great cause! :up:

Sorry about leaving you behind, Christi and Spiderbob. I thought we all left the VI together.
It all worked out in the end :oops:
+1 ... it's all good. 8) We weren't that far behind you, so it wasn't too difficult to spot the (relatively) small cluster of sport bikes amongst the sea of Harley's. :lol:

FZRguy
Mon Dec 6th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Dear Santa, please bring heated gear. :cold: Sorry I mised most of you. Will make the VI breakfast next year.

FZRguy
Mon Dec 6th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Short vid of the hospital scene on News 7 home page….on video page 4 tonight.

http://cbs4denver.com/

speedking
Tue Dec 7th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Short vid of the hospital scene on News 7 home page….on video page 4 tonight.

http://cbs4denver.com/

Interesting......there seems to be conflicting reports of how many riders attended the event. The link above mentioned 2,000 riders....which you could tell visually, there were more than that at the staging area. Today, this was posted on News 7's web page:

http://www.ugclocal.com/thedenverchannel/111353274.html

At 11am on Sunday about 10,000 motorcycle riders made the 25th annual toy run to take toys to the Children's Hospital in Aurora. Aurora police and Colorado highway patrol assisted with traffic control as the hour-long parade of bikers made their way along East Colfax to the hospital where they were greeted by many patients, their families, and volunteers who helped unload the thousands of toys for the kids

I'm still waiting for the official announcement and video to be posted on the Children's Hospital website. They usually keep track of the count better than the news channels.

--Sk

speedking
Tue Dec 7th, 2010, 08:03 AM
http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/6768895_omX9P#432856517_p9yn2

This was posted this morning to the Phatt Rhatt Photography link above:

NOTICE: 2010 Childrens toy run photos will be posted Tomorrow

:loop:

--Sk

asp_125
Tue Dec 7th, 2010, 12:34 PM
http://phatrattcentralcolo.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/2010-Run-Photos

update.. should be up by 5pm today.

salsashark
Tue Dec 7th, 2010, 01:01 PM
^^ The video's up if anyone wants to see it - Group 2 @ 30 seconds

http://phatrattcentralcolo.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/2010-Run-Photos/2010-12-05-Childrens-toy-Video/14970128_eKazC#1118288853_cM8b8-A-LB

Mother Goose
Tue Dec 7th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Our group is up. Group 3.