PDA

View Full Version : Race Tech Suspension

675Rider
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 05:30 AM
Anyone have it, used it, recommend it? I have a 06 675 that Im planning on turning into a track only bike. I dont race, I may someday, but I plan on doing many more track days/lapping days. What would you guys recommend? Revalve, cartridge, complete overhaul? Thanks!!

chronicboy
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 06:13 AM
race tech = excellent
your next step should be this:
read this winter, spend this spring, rip all summer

dragos13
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 06:57 AM
I don't know specifically about the 675, but with most modern sportbike you will usually need to re-valve and spring the front forks, then completely replace the rear shock. That isn't to say that your stock suspension is bad or cannot be adjusted correctly. If you are going to replace stuff, just do that now and start adjusting the good stuff.

I've never had cartridge forks but I do hear they are pretty sweet. I would think unless you plan on being fully competitive racing, then you probably don't have to go that route. The money could be better spent on traveling to other tracks during the winter (Phoenix, Nevada, Cali), or take coaching lessons with someone like Mark Schellinger in the spring.

675Rider
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Im reading Andrew Trevitt's suspension book right now.

dragos13
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Im reading Andrew Trevitt's suspension book right now.

Sportbike Suspensions Tuning :)

The best suspension beginner book, imo. Thats the book my mechanic and I used to set up my R6 the last two years!

noskills
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 07:57 AM
I've used their springs in my CBR and cartridge emulators in my BMW. Although I haven't played with any 675 hardware, I can vouch that Racetech makes great products and has excellent support. The emulators made a day and night difference in the BMW. :up:

Thanks for the post. Now you've got me questioning the suspension in my new XR. Motorcycles are money pits.

Foolds
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 10:04 AM
I have there springs front and rear on my 08 d675 Good shit.. Also have the shock angle adjustment plate

OUTLAWD
Mon Nov 8th, 2010, 11:18 AM
I just resprung my forks with RT springs the begining of this season. I may revalve them at some point, but the biggest improvements I saw this year was with the correct spring rates and getting the front/rear ride heights set to get the bike to actually turn in...

I might talk to some of the 675 racers to get rough ideas for suspension upgrades and settings for the local tracks.

675Rider
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Ive emailed them, Ill post up what they reply with. I was thinking at a minimum revalve front and rear. And resprung if necessary. Still learning about suspension really. What is a shock angle adjustment plate? To change your steering angles?