PDA

View Full Version : akrapovic exhaust

cbrjohnny
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 09:57 AM
i was wondering what kind of mapping products i would need if i were to install a full akrapovic system on my 08 cbr 600rr. what is the best product?

has any1 removed the cat from your exhaust, did you need to modify anything other than cutting it out?

thanks!
john

Mother Goose
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 10:00 AM
If you got a full system, that would eliminate the cat. :up:

You could go with Power Commander or a Bazazz system. I have a PC3 on my R1 and just got it tuned. The Bazazz (and now Power Commander) have an auto tune available too. Not sure how it works, so I don't know about that.

cbrjohnny
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 10:03 AM
i was think of cutting out the cat until i can afford the full system... it aint cheap lol

MetaLord 9
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Dunno about cutting the cat out on the CBR's but I looked into it for the Ninja and the problem is that it's not a straight pipe weld in. One end of the pipe is large & square where the 4 exhaust headers come in and the rear of the cat that goes to the can is circular so you'd have to get a little creative instead of just welding in a straight pipe. Not sure if yours is the same, but just some food for thought

cbrjohnny
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 10:11 AM
i think mine may be 2 into 1 at that point but i wasnt sure if it would effect the back pressure in a good way or bad lol... but im sure i could build a 2-1 collector.

Mother Goose
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Gutting the cat is pretty straight forward on my R1. You might try some of the CBR forums out there. I'm sure there's lots of info on it on there. www.600rr.net

highpsi03
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 08:56 PM
If you got a full system, that would eliminate the cat. :up:

You could go with Power Commander or a Bazazz system. I have a PC3 on my R1 and just got it tuned. The Bazazz (and now Power Commander) have an auto tune available too. Not sure how it works, so I don't know about that.
Big difference? I've noticed my 08 R1 is a bit "weak" down low. Not what i expected from a liter bike. A gearing change and exhaust + tune should help it i would think.