PDA

View Full Version : I swear DMV>>>>Post Office

CaneZach
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 10:15 AM
As horrible, and I mean HORRRRRRRRIBLE, and inefficient as the DMV is, I swear the US Post Office can be just as bad, of not worse. No matter what time you get here, you will wait in line while the ONLY postal worker working the counter takes 30 minutes to process a simple fucking package. Naturally, they want to hold a damn conversation with the customer. Then, when they get a second employee to help out at the counter, you'd think it would go twice as fast, but NO, they manage to go twice as slow! Combine the slow-ass postal workers with the mentally challenged customers who try who have no common sense and it's a damn recipe for disaster. I absolutely fucking HATE the Post Office!

dirkterrell
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Just wait til the government runs health care...

Dirk

CaneZach
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Just wait til the government runs health care...

Dirk

I said the exact same thing when Obamacare passed. The US gov't is slow, inefficient, and perplexingly ineffective, but some people are happy that they took over healthcare too??? I had the time to type my entire original post, on my phone, while standing in line.

Sean
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 10:57 AM
The US gov't is slow, inefficient, and perplexingly ineffectiveHave you ever worked with Medicare/Medicaid? Much easier and more efficiant to work with than private health ins from a medical billing/hospital standpoint. I'm not saying one or the other is right (no need to get into opinions), but as a health insurance biller, at this point in time, gov't health ins is easier to work with and much more efficiant from an overall healthcare standpoint. Who knows if it'll stay that way?

btw: Yes, the post office does suck. How can they be just as slow, even though there is a lot less mail these days? :banghead:

salsashark
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 11:03 AM
^^ When you have no competition, you have no reason to change. Let's face it, USPS is just another bloated govt funded business that needs to die a quick death.

We got a bunch of letters saying that they needed to reroute our neighborhood or we might lose Saturday delivery services... Oh geeh... one day without having to throw away junk mail... darn.

Does anyone actually use the USPS on a regular basis?

asp_125
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 11:29 AM
I only use em if the eBay store ships via USPS. They are cheaper than UPS/FedEx etc. but their package "tracking" sucks donkey balls.

Srsly, with email and online billpay and other more efficient services USPS exists just for junk mail and because the postal union is too big to shut down, IMO.

Survivalism
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Yeah i use USPS priority to send packages all the time, beats the hell out of UPS IMO.

Sure tracking sucks but i can get over it when i get my packages in 2 days / the buyer gets their stuff in 2 days.

The mail portion is alright, the post office itself is a nightmare though.

CaneZach
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 11:41 AM
The only reason I went to the post office is to pick up a certified letter. Over the last few months, I've used the post office once, and that was to ship a boot back to Alpinestars after the zipper broke. Even then I packaged it myself and used the automated ATM-looking thing to process and mail it. Total time spent was about 3 minutes. If I had to stand in line, I'd have been there for at least 30. If there was a FedEx (I loathe UPS and refuse t use them) location nearby, the post office would be the last place I'd ever go.

Zach929rr
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 11:44 AM
I have never been in a post office for longer than 5 minutes. Sucks to be you broski.

MetaLord 9
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Guess that's what you get for going to the post office on Really Really Late Rent Day? :dunno:

Ricky
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 12:03 PM
DMV is definitely better than the Post Office. If I need to send something certified mail, I'll send it via UPS with delivery confirmation. It's double the cost, but I don't have to deal with the post office line.

MetaLord 9
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 12:06 PM
There is an alternative to the post office. There is not an alternative to the DMV. As in all things, the DMV is the bottom of the rectal abyss that is government bureaucracy. /thread.

Devaclis
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 12:44 PM
I was at the post office in Highlands Ranch yesterday in the morning. 17 people in line to ship packages. 1 PO employee in his office on the phone. I went over and interrupted his call and asked if anyone was working today or if it was self service. He gave me a pissy look and after a few minutes got up and went to wait on people in line. I looked over and asked him if he was the only one working today. He ignored me.

I went the to self service kiosk meant for small packages and printed up a parcel post label, paid for it, applied it to my large package, then took back to my neighborhood where our local postal guy gladly took it for me.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Funny, I've always had great service at the Post Office, and HORRIBLE service at every DMV I ever went to except the one in Idaho Falls, ironically. The WORST is in CA. Fuck those assholes.

Oh, I just saw that it was in H/R. No wonder......you're ALL assholes down there! :)

sprtbkbabe
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 02:40 PM
There is no better experience than using a PO in a neighbourhood with 99% foreigners. They all try to ship crap home while trying to figure out how to write in English on Declaration forms. It's a special form of masochism when the city PO is the only option. I can't speak Amharic and don't know what the hell you are shipping to Ethiopia, so don't ask me while I wait in line with you and your 8 children... Ugh. Living in the city makes me want to move to a cabin in Montana more and more...

asp_125
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 03:10 PM
What do you mean I can't ship my goat home? Well how about this little envelope of white powder?