PDA

View Full Version : Windows 98 machine....

King Nothing
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 10:45 AM
So, the other day, someone gave me a truck load of LEGO Mindstorms 2.0 parts and pieces. Unfortunately, the LEGO software doesn't run on Windows 7 and was never updated to run on XP. I was wondering if anyone had a Windows98 machine they don't need and would be willing to get rid of for cheap. Lemme know.

thanks!

Ricky
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 10:47 AM
It doesn't run in compatibility mode? Have you tried running it virtualized? If your PC supports hardware virtualization, you can install virtual PC on windows 7 and run it in a virtual copy of windows XP, or 98, or whatever...

Ghost
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 12:32 PM
It doesn't run in compatibility mode? Have you tried running it virtualized? If your PC supports hardware virtualization, you can install virtual PC on windows 7 and run it in a virtual copy of windows XP, or 98, or whatever...

+1 It's how I got Xwing v Tie Fighter to run.

King Nothing
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I actually have a VM Ware virtual machine running XP already installed. Unfortunately, my brother, who works for VM Ware currently resides in Bangalore, India. That makes it more difficult for him to do my computer bidding.

King Nothing
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Also, I have no idea what compatibility mode is. Doug is not so computer literate.

Devaclis
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Doug,

Insert the software disk in the Windows 7 computer

Browse to the setup.exe file and right click it.

Run it in Windows 98 compatibility mode.

King Nothing
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 02:51 PM
well, all the way from India, josh got my VMWare machine working... time to build/program....

Bertha
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 03:11 PM
I fixed it :P

Sarge
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 03:30 PM
I just used DOSBox to get WarCraft II running on a 7 x64 system. :-P

King Nothing
Tue Nov 9th, 2010, 03:34 PM
I fixed it :PHoly shit! a post from josh!