PDA

View Full Version : Want a cheaper Verizon bill?

LambeauXLIV
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Call 877-873-3278 and ask about this promotion:

Note: they sent this out via email to select people, so technically you aren't eligible unless you get the email. If you tell them you had it forwarded to you and you get a nice rep, you're in business!

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo125/LambeauXLIV/Verizon-Promo.jpg

PhL0aTeR
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 10:08 AM
anything to rope you into a contract...

LambeauXLIV
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Well, for me, I already had about 1.5 years left on mine, and this didn't extend it. But I am going to be saving about $20 bucks a month, got 700 more minutes on my plan, and can now have the 10 friends & family thing.

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 10:34 AM
If I can't find 10 friends, maybe I can get a further credit.....

Keyser Soze
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Dont waste your time. They're not offering this plan "at this time"

LambeauXLIV
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 11:26 AM
you might have to call back a few times (I had to call 4 times)

Also, here's the html version of the email: https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/website/ResponseForm?OSPEUT_9_9_z_UU_0Hsr_.2eHmH_wkhthE

salsashark
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 11:27 AM
you might have to call back a few times (I had to call 4 times)

So... it would be like using a verizon phone at my house... :lol:

Keyser Soze
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 11:28 AM
They are asking you for the email address you received it on, and doing a search to see if it was in fact sent to you. They have a script and all. They know its been leaked and are just flat out saying no.

LambeauXLIV
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Suit yourself. I told them I didn't receive the email from them and still got it. Just trying to share a deal. Carry on.

Keyser Soze
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 11:50 AM
:lol: I tried a couple times. Got the same canned answer. Was worth a shot anyway.

LambeauXLIV
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 11:56 AM
update: another friend I told this too had to call 4 times. The first three he was told that he had to receive the email directly, the promotion was over, and it wasn't in his area. The fourth time he got the deal in a few minutes.

#1Townie
Wed Nov 10th, 2010, 01:10 PM
i use a hell of alot more then 450 mins a month.

pauliep
Sun Nov 14th, 2010, 08:46 AM
But does this work with the Android phones?

The Black Knight
Sun Nov 14th, 2010, 10:00 AM
I just switched from T-Mobile(had them for 10 years) over to Verizon after my recent trip to Sawatch for a hunting trip and I had jack s**t for service from T-Mobile. One of my buddies who was already up there earlier in the week was calling me from the hunting site and he had full bars. I lost service at Poncha and never got it back. I was a huge fan of T-mobile's service for a long time but when I go in the mountains I need service and that was the last straw for me.

Also I got a plan close to what's listed in that e-flyer that Lambeau got, except for the unlimited text(I think mine is 250). But I also got a City discount too, so they took 20% off :)

Another reason for switching was the PTT Verizon offers. I've got several friends with this option and it will be great to talk to them via PTT instead of on the phone.