PDA

View Full Version : R2SL - Online Pre-Registration Closes at Noon Tuesday!

Anonymous
Wed Apr 13th, 2005, 05:41 PM
EDIT: PRE-REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 12 NOON ON TUESDAY 5/10! After that you will need to sign up at the track on the day you plan to ride.

We need to shut down online signup on Tuesday in order to ensure a smooth transition to our trackside registration system. The online pre-registration will stop taking new entries promptly at 12:00 Noon on Tuesday, May 10th. If you wish to register to ride after that, you will need to do so at the track.

--------------------------------

That's right, it's the moment you have all been waiting for ... Registration for Racing 2 Save Lives!

If you haven't seen our new website for 2005 yet, take a few minutes to check it out! You will find a large amount of information, which should answer any questions you have. You can find it here:
http://www.racing2savelives.org

If you want to jump right to online registration, just go here:
http://www.racing2savelives.org/signup.php

Our pledge tracking system will be available very shortly, which will actually let people pledge towards your miles via our web interface. The paper form is also available if you'd like to do it manually.

The web interface is also database driven this year, which means we can automatically track your progress throughout the event! Stay tuned for some pretty cool stuff in the coming week or two.

Enjoy! :)

PharmerKyle
Wed Apr 13th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Which of the three sessions per day are Slow-poke, Intermediate and Pro?

cu360r6
Wed Apr 13th, 2005, 11:04 PM
Woo Hoo I'm in.

Mista Black
Thu Apr 14th, 2005, 12:13 AM
WOO HOOO!!! i'm in too!! :up:

PK-R1
Thu Apr 14th, 2005, 04:17 AM
Just signed up. I'm in

Anonymous
Thu Apr 14th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Which of the three sessions per day are Slow-poke, Intermediate and Pro?

All riders, all blocks. (Remember, those are 3 hour blocks). If the crowd gets too gnarly I will break it out into slow/fast sessions or something similar, probably 20-30 minutes at a time.

Just sign up for whatever blocks you can be there for, and leave the rider separation to me. :up:

shacheri
Thu Apr 14th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Great Job Ralph!

Also wanted to mention that Jessica Zalusky - the only AMA level woman racer will be joining us for the first 3 days of our event!

She's awesome, super cool and ready to put in some great lap time in anticipation of the following week AMA race.

It's going to be a great week! :)

sprtbkbabe
Thu Apr 14th, 2005, 09:40 AM
How long is PPIR?

For a buck a mile, I want to figure out my pledge amounts.

Cheers

Mista Black
Thu Apr 14th, 2005, 09:46 AM
it is 1.315 miles (according to a post from Ralph a while back)

Wolf-R1
Thu Apr 14th, 2005, 09:03 PM
This is what's posted on PPIR's web site:

PPIR TRACK FACTS:
One mile paved oval
1.315 mile Road Course
Front straightaway: 1,510 feet
Back straightaway: 1,350 feet
Width: 60 - 71 feet
Turns: 10 degrees

But is that just for the oval or what?

Anonymous
Thu Apr 14th, 2005, 09:28 PM
PPIR TRACK FACTS:
One mile paved oval
1.315 mile Road Course

Dude.......... :| :lol:

The road course is 1.315 miles. The oval, which comprises part of the road course too, is 1 mile. The specs are "universal". ;)

trackaddict
Sat Apr 23rd, 2005, 04:33 PM
anyone want to put together a team. i can ride all day on thursday.

~Barn~
Sun Apr 24th, 2005, 12:26 PM
anyone want to put together a team. i can ride all day on thursday.

I would join ya, but I am already on a team. I imagine you'll get some takers though, as people start figuring out what days they can and can't go. :up:

Wolf-R1
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 11:20 AM
PPIR TRACK FACTS:
One mile paved oval
1.315 mile Road Course

Dude.......... :| :lol:

The road course is 1.315 miles. The oval, which comprises part of the road course too, is 1 mile. The specs are "universal". ;)

You -> :slap: <- Me

:lol: I must have been on crack that day. :o

Anonymous
Mon May 9th, 2005, 04:02 PM
See first post for update on registration!

willyg
Mon May 9th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Hey, Ralph, thanks for the six notification emails this morning! I know I usually misplace the first two or three, so that helps me find the info.

You must be used to dealing with racers or something...

:D

Willy G.

PharmerKyle
Tue May 10th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Can online pledging still happen on/during the event?

I have people that are still dragging their feet with their pledges.

Hoopty
Tue May 10th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Yes, I think they are planning to let it go through the weekend for those kind of people... :D

Anonymous
Tue May 10th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Online pledges will continue to function.

We shut down online registration for participants at noon today, to give us time to move the database over to a trackside server for event registration. However, if you aren't signed up you can still just show up and sign in there!