PDA

View Full Version : Program Manager type job

Vance
Thu Nov 11th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Basically my company is looking for another one of me... well... my role anyway.

Client Delivery Manager = Program / Project / Account Manager... aka... client liaison, client advocate, business relationship manager, spin doctor, etc.

If you've got any experience in this/these areas - let me know ASAP.

Ghost
Thu Nov 11th, 2010, 03:06 PM
What's the company/business?

MetaLord 9
Thu Nov 11th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Aside from hire maniacal masterminds prone to epic posting, what does your company do Sir Vancealot?

Vance
Thu Nov 11th, 2010, 05:45 PM
It is Datavail Corporation --- a small DBA outsourcing firm that has been around about 5.5 - 6 years under different predecessor names (Extraquest then Stratavia now Datavail under current ownership).

We're growing at a pretty steady rate despite the economy and that is why we need another one of me! :)

My job is completely non-technical - meaning that despite being a point of escalation 24x7 (though pretty high on the chain which means we get called out fairly infrequently) - we are not a TECHNICAL point of escalation. We do no actual DBA work at all.

While the DBAs really are the workhorses of the company - we are the client contact point that keep the wheels on the bus so to speak... we are responsible for knowing the "pulse" of our clients more than anyone else in the company.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Nov 11th, 2010, 09:13 PM
sounds like a job that requires much drinking and partying

Vance
Fri Nov 12th, 2010, 08:44 AM
I don't know about drinking and partying... I don't socialize with my co-workers much to be honest...

Probably has something to do with one of the most awesome benefits of my position --- the fact I work from home 4 days of the week! :)

Mista Black
Fri Nov 12th, 2010, 10:00 AM
damn, Vance! now you're just rubbing it in.....

Vance
Fri Nov 12th, 2010, 12:16 PM
damn, Vance! now you're just rubbing it in.....

Would it be inappropriate to pour lemon juice on it by saying my company also offers (reasonably used) unlimited vacation time? :)

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Nov 12th, 2010, 02:32 PM
I wasn't alluding to partying with coworkers. I work as account manager and sales which means showing customers a good time.

Vance
Fri Nov 12th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Got ya...
We don't do much of that either. That's the sales team. We deal with them after they get signed. Its really rare that we ever get to fly out to meet any of them - save the local ones.

pauliep
Sun Nov 14th, 2010, 08:43 AM
I've got 8yrs experience in the Marine Corps, does that apply at all?