PDA

View Full Version : What race fairings

675Rider
Thu Nov 11th, 2010, 11:24 PM
I am considering Hotbodies. Anyone have experience with them? What do you use and why? Thanks!

CaneZach
Fri Nov 12th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Hotbodies are ok, but not great. I had them on my old GSXR and I had all kinds of fitment issues. There were holes that didn't match up with the bolt holes on the bike, but there were more than enough that did line up, so I wasn't too concerned. Look into Sharkskinz of you get the chance.

dragos13
Fri Nov 12th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Yeah this will really be dependant on your price range. You can find a full set of hotbodies for around $500 where as Sharkskinz will be about $800.

I've ridden for both companies and the Sharkskinz is a far superior product. My painter said you can usually spend about the same money going with hotbodies and having to prep before spraying where as you can spray Sharkskinz pretty much straight out of the box.

Hotbodies does hold up well in crashes. Its flimsy so that allows it to bend instead of just break or crack. My last bike had HotBodies and if I have the cash this year I'll be going with Sharkskinz.

Ghost
Fri Nov 12th, 2010, 11:41 AM
+1 for SharkSkinz

UglyDogRacing
Fri Nov 12th, 2010, 12:04 PM
I have always run Sharkskinz, but if you don't want to spend that much and want something that is better quality than Hotbodies, check out Armour Bodies - http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=OOO6

Graphite675
Fri Nov 12th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Sharkskinz are the best but your going to pay for it.
You can get a cheap set like optimal plastics ( http://www.shop.superbikestore.net/Triumph-Bodywork_c248.htm ) which work just fine but some of the cheaper plastics may have slight fitment issues and probably will not hold up as well in a crash. Nothing you can't work around though. At < $400 (shipped) it's a lot cheaper then rashing up your street plastics.

eklew
Fri Nov 12th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I think Desmodromico on here was selling his set of Armour Bodies.