PDA

View Full Version : MRA Racers; Leather question

lil_shane84
Sat Nov 13th, 2010, 07:11 PM
im looking to get a speed hump installed on my leathers, ive found a few places online that do them but does anyone use some local people for suit alterations or know where i can go to get a speed hump installed?

thanks

rybo
Sat Nov 13th, 2010, 07:16 PM
1st question: why?

gtn
Sat Nov 13th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Because they're cool looking. :up:

No disrespect to the OP or Rybo... I just couldn't resist. :evil:

lil_shane84
Sat Nov 13th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Because they're cool looking. :up:

No disrespect to the OP or Rybo... I just couldn't resist. :evil:

I do like the look of them and they are functional. Plus my leathers are pretty plain. Of like that to add some depth and Id also like to get some other stitching done.

Have you seen my boke. clearly nothing is to be left unchanged

rybo
Sat Nov 13th, 2010, 08:10 PM
The reason I ask is that the aero hump really isn't all that functional. It doesn't greatly improve aerodynamics and it can be the cause of further injury because of the additional pressure on the cervical spine in some crashes.

That being said Nate Butler is local and does really nice leather work. you can reach him at seven 20-243-2059

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sun Nov 14th, 2010, 06:26 PM
The reason I ask is that the aero hump really isn't all that functional. It doesn't greatly improve aerodynamics and it can be the cause of further injury because of the additional pressure on the cervical spine in some crashes.

That being said Nate Butler is local and does really nice leather work. you can reach him at seven 20-243-2059
Well, wouldn't it ADD to the protection? If it's CE type foam, wouldn't that help? I've seen them, and wondered myself if there'd been any studies done. Rossi and Spies use them, don't they? Hmmmm......

Where's Dirk and his charts and graphs!:D