PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Suzuki clips

Mel
Fri Aug 1st, 2003, 08:34 PM
Ok, i know this is horrible to ride it like this, but I am missing like 3 clips and 3 fairing screws on my gixxer (well, missing two, the other set is cross threaded). I looked online and found some, but call me cheap...I don't want to spend almost $60 for some damned bolts. Anyone know where I can pick up some (without paying an arm and a leg)? My dad said there is a place called AA Metric, but they probably won't have the exact same things.

haywood jablome
Fri Aug 1st, 2003, 08:35 PM
steel cycle, DUMP, my garage i might have a couple laying around

towneh
Fri Aug 1st, 2003, 08:48 PM
purpleg,
i don't know how old your gsxr is but the my 94 RF uses the Lockhart colored windsheild screws for the bodywork. unfortunately, i have to resort to the dealer for the funky washers and clips... try Ace hardware to see if anything comes close! :lol:
cheers,
henry :)

onef
Fri Aug 1st, 2003, 09:00 PM
Don't count out AAA metric. I used to have to use them to get fasteners for the printing presses that I used to work on.

We used to come up with some of the strangest bolts. The guy at the counter would look at it, ask me how many I wanted then run off to the back. I don't remember what they wanted for stuff. I'm sure it would not be anything near what a dealer would want.

hcr25
Sat Aug 2nd, 2003, 07:49 AM
if you can take a digital picture of what you are describing, i bet i have them. After 7 years of racing & turning new street bikes into race bikes we dont use the stock fasteners. If i have them they are yours for the low low price of................. Free
Mike Hard Core Racing #25

Mel
Sat Aug 2nd, 2003, 10:28 PM
They would be bolts and clips for a 97 gixxer, they are just allen head bolts, however the threads do not go all the way up to the head of the bolts (they are machined on the part that sits in the fairings themselves). HCR (or ckl), you would be my hero if you have some laying around. I will take a pic of them when I am at my parents tomorrow (I don't have a digital camera of my own)...where should I e-mail you at? Got anything else around that could be helpful to a lowly street rider? ;)

hcr25
Sun Aug 3rd, 2003, 08:02 PM
you can e mail me at hcr25@aol.com even if i dont have the exact bolts i know i will have something that will work! as far as other stuff for a lowly street rider, i allways have take offs foe sale.$75 to $100 a set . for tires that have less than a 150 miles on them.Mike