PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul On TSA Groping

Keyser Soze
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Its cold. This board is dead. We need something to discuss.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/videoLibrary/clip.php?appid=599164944

Discuss...

salsashark
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 09:28 AM
STAMPEDE!!!

I saw a comment yesterday that cracked me up... something to the tune of "the next time I have to fly, I'm opting for the groping. Then I'm going to roll through there with a chubby. This way, everybody's uncomfortable..."

Mark my words... it's coming. If we continue to allow TSA to go down this path, we all will be flying in hospital gowns.

vort3xr6
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 09:41 AM
I agree. The TSA is the worst government agency out there. The people they employ are pieces of shit.

No joke, my wife went through the line about 4 places ahead of me a few months ago. She went through and the TSA fucker in front of me turns to his buddy and says "I'd like to see her in the scanner".

I nearly fucking lost it and killed the guy with my bare hands. But I filed a complaint instead.

It is bullshit what they are doing.

salsashark
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Won't somebody please think of the children.... oh wait... they have.

Nevermind

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads18/150019_1473977245511_1116060138_31121129_1717255_n 1289599347.jpg

MetaLord 9
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 10:02 AM
I have to fly tomorrow morning. My flight is at 6:15 am. I will be going through security around 5:15 am. If those motherfuckers have to pat me down, there better be a free pair of goddamn bloody marys waiting for me. Put'n your hands on me is a two drink minimum.

Also, I'm gonna make sure that Lindsey doesn't have any coffee before we go through the line so that she's EXTRA angry if they have to pat her down.

Maybe I'll smuggle a banana in my trousers just to make them think twice...

Keyser Soze
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I'll be flying home next weds. I've purchased an 18 inch black rubber cock and some boxer briefs. We shall see who has the last laugh!

chad23
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 10:22 AM
hell i dont mind, i cant remember the last time someone other than the wife and i have touch my junk. tough away, but let it be known it has gone off without warning

MetaLord 9
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 10:26 AM
I'm just gonna put a couple of those really loud, obnoxious noise makers on random parts of my body, so that when they pat me down, they get a random loud noise that makes them piss their pants.

vort3xr6
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 10:35 AM
http://photos.denverpost.com/mediacenter/2010/11/dia-pat-downs-and-body-scans/#name%20here

Looks pretty gropy to me. I know my wife will not allow any woman to rub her tits. Unfortunately.

MetaLord 9
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 10:46 AM
This whole thing just pisses me off and makes me full of rage.

I paid for a fucking ticket and a plane trip, not a first date fucking gropefest from skippy the TSA handyman. How does this possibly speed up the motherfucking security line? What? It doesn't? It actually makes it longer??? THE GODDAMN TRIP THROUGH SECURITY TAKES AS LONG AS THE MOTHERFUCKING FLIGHT DOES YOU DONKEY RAPING SHIT EATERS!!!

Who thought this was a good fucking idea? I'm gonna go to that cocklick's house and make him wait two hours to get into his car, then go through his shit and grope him every montherfucking morning before he gets into his car to go to work. THEN I'm gonna make his kids to through a fucking body scanner whenever they enter or leave the fucking house so that when they get cancer from the fucking radiation that maybe the cockless ass jockey will reconsider half-assed security measures that do nothing to protect travelers and everything to incite rage and utter disdain. get fire raped in hell.

TFOGGuys
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 11:13 AM
This whole thing just pisses me off and makes me full of rage.

I paid for a fucking ticket and a plane trip, not a first date fucking gropefest from skippy the TSA handyman. How does this possibly speed up the motherfucking security line? What? It doesn't? It actually makes it longer??? THE GODDAMN TRIP THROUGH SECURITY TAKES AS LONG AS THE MOTHERFUCKING FLIGHT DOES YOU DONKEY RAPING SHIT EATERS!!!

Who thought this was a good fucking idea? I'm gonna go to that cocklick's house and make him wait two hours to get into his car, then go through his shit and grope him every montherfucking morning before he gets into his car to go to work. THEN I'm gonna make his kids to through a fucking body scanner whenever they enter or leave the fucking house so that when they get cancer from the fucking radiation that maybe the cockless ass jockey will reconsider half-assed security measures that do nothing to protect travelers and everything to incite rage and utter disdain. get fire raped in hell.

8.8/10 for content and punctuation....you only lose points for length....another couple of paragraphs and you'd have scored higher.

The next time I fly, I'm going to wear a kilt. Commando. Let's see the chick in the hijab deal with THAT!:puppy:

Filo
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 11:26 AM
I figure if I get the call, I will walk into the scanning room and strip naked. That way, I won't have to get groped and the screeners will be really uncomfortable.

Keyser Soze
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 11:28 AM
They make you bend over, spread your cheeks, and cough....

jbnwc
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 11:32 AM
The whole thing is pointless anyway since anyone who works for the airline can do whatever the heck they want. I'll keep my liberty and take the 1/10 million chance that the plane blows up.

Canuck
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Clicky and join more like them (http://wewontfly.com)

Spiderman
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Maybe I'll smuggle a banana in my trousers just to make them think twice...
How about a nice pepperoni? :D

I'll be flying home next weds. I've purchased an 18 inch black rubber cock and some boxer briefs. We shall see who has the last laugh!
:spit: :up:

I figure if I get the call, I will walk into the scanning room and strip naked. That way, I won't have to get groped and the screeners will be really uncomfortable.
What call? I thought they were doing this to everyone? :dunno:
What scanning room? They do the pat-down in front out in the middle of security, in front of everybody... did you see the pics in the above article (http://photos.denverpost.com/mediacenter/2010/11/dia-pat-downs-and-body-scans/)? (Tho you can request a private pat-down. :eyebrows: ) I'm all for stripping naked for the search too! :up: :lol:

Scer
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 11:39 AM
No joke, my wife went through the line about 4 places ahead of me a few months ago. She went through and the TSA fucker in front of me turns to his buddy and says "I'd like to see her in the scanner".

I nearly fucking lost it and killed the guy with my bare hands. But I filed a complaint instead.

This is fucked up Brad!! I would have strangled him with his rubber gloves and then complained about it. Sorry to hear..

How is the TSA going to "Scan" their own employees for dickheads like this. They can't. That's what makes this kind of screening wrong. Maybe they can have lesbos grope the guys and gay dudes with the women. lol

Seriously, if they are doing this to kids and getting away with it then what's next? You have this happening at the front doors of troubled schools? If a teacher touched a kid like that they would be tried for sexual harassment.

There has to be a better way to scan people. Maybe a initial scan for body size and then a thorough scan that depects anything abnormal from what the body size should be and then raise a red flag and have someone look at it with permission. I dunno, something but this is gonna get some TSA KO's if it keeps up I think.

scan on scannas

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 11:59 AM
STAMPEDE!!!

I saw a comment yesterday that cracked me up... something to the tune of "the next time I have to fly, I'm opting for the groping. Then I'm going to roll through there with a chubby. This way, everybody's uncomfortable..."

Mark my words... it's coming. If we continue to allow TSA to go down this path, we all will be flying in hospital gowns.

Soooo... what happens when its a :gay: ? I think you will be the only uncomfortable one then.

Won't somebody please think of the children.... oh wait... they have.

Nevermind

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads18/150019_1473977245511_1116060138_31121129_1717255_n 1289599347.jpg

:spit:

8.8/10 for content and punctuation....you only lose points for length....another couple of paragraphs and you'd have scored higher.

The next time I fly, I'm going to wear a kilt. Commando. Let's see the chick in the hijab deal with THAT!:puppy:

:puke:

Sarge
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 12:06 PM
They make us go through this same shit in order to leave Iraq for leave.

DFab
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 12:08 PM
The next bomber is going to try smuggling explosives in their ass or vagina, which the scanners can't find.

Dogs are better at finding explosives, and cheaper. Too bad dog trainers don't have the money to hire that POS hack Chertoff to lobby for them.

salsashark
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 12:12 PM
^^ I was talking about this w/ a LEO friend of mine. He was watching my dog compulsively searching for a dog toy and made the comment that she'd be a great drug dog. Then he started talking about Midge, a drug sniffing police chihuahua (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/09/07/earlyshow/contributors/debbyeturner/main1982217.shtml). I think you could get a pack of these things and let them snif travelers for drugs/explosives/whatever and it would be a hell of a lot cheaper then these stupid scanners and 2nd baser TSA agents. They're small, people aren't scared of them, they don't need to attack, only alert on drugs/explosives/whatever.

MetaLord 9
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 12:14 PM
^^Let's go one step further, since dogs can smell fear, why not just train 'em to smell crazy?

Oh yeah...I guess there wouldn't be any chicks on the flight then... :D
(sorry, I couldn't resist)

salsashark
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 12:15 PM
bazinga!

1 point awarded to metalord

Canuck
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 12:20 PM
BTW, these X-ray machines wouldn't have detected the "Underware Bomber's" device, when he tried to blow up the Northwestern flight over Canada last Christmas.
My advise to anyone investigating the use of these machines, is to follow the money. Politicians and Corporations win again.

Sarge
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 12:22 PM
+2 internets

MetaLord 9
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 12:24 PM
follow the money. Politicians and Corporations win again.
They should win a free fat cock in the ass for this kinda crap...

Spiderman
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 12:37 PM
^^Let's go one step further, since dogs can smell fear, why not just train 'em to smell crazy?

Oh yeah...I guess there wouldn't be any chicks on the flight then... :D
(sorry, I couldn't resist)
:spit:

Bueller
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 12:48 PM
I refuse to fly. The terrorists have already won.

Filo
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 01:26 PM
What call? I thought they were doing this to everyone? :dunno:
What scanning room? They do the pat-down in front out in the middle of security, in front of everybody... did you see the pics in the above article (http://photos.denverpost.com/mediacenter/2010/11/dia-pat-downs-and-body-scans/)? (Tho you can request a private pat-down. :eyebrows: ) I'm all for stripping naked for the search too! :up: :lol:

I found my new flying outfit. Look, I even have my shoes in my hand ready for putting in the little boxie woxie. Go ahead and pat me down.

MetaLord 9
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 01:29 PM
for as much rage as this clearly incites in me, I think those that get it worst are the tsa minions who have absolutely no control over the policy, make minimum wage plus tips, and who have to pat down Fatty McWheelchair's 19 backtitty folds, most of which haven't seen daylight or soap since the Nixon administration.

Canuck
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 01:34 PM
I don't feel sorry for them. People who don't like their working conditions should stand up and UNITE. The French are perfect examples. They strike and protest all the time. This society, however, has lost most of it's backbone.

MetaLord 9
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 01:36 PM
The French are perfect examples. They strike and protest all the time. This society, however, has lost most of it's backbone.
I get REALLY worried about your mental health when you start pointing to the French as examples of "backbone..."

Canuck
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 01:51 PM
You should read up on your history Chris. :lol:

Shea
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 02:07 PM
I don't feel sorry for them. People who don't like their working conditions should stand up and UNITE. The French are perfect examples. They strike and protest all the time. This society, however, has lost most of it's backbone.

I fail to see how them unionizing is going to make the process that much more efficient, effective or enjoyable for the flying public. French protesting a raise in the retirement age, or British students sacking an office building because they might actually have to PAY for something, or Greeks getting bitchy about pay cuts from a bankrupt government all just smack of an entitlement mentality. And that is the problem, not lack of backbone.

But then again, let's see them unionize and then I'd like to hear how much better your experience will be...

Mother Goose
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 02:28 PM
TSA guy on right... "I'd like to pat him down."

http://dpphoto.slideshowpro.com/albums/005/474/album-162384/cache/patdown016.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG?12901082 07

Now, pretend you're Bullwinkle...

http://dpphoto.slideshowpro.com/albums/005/474/album-162384/cache/patdown013.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG?12901082 07

:music: You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around....

http://dpphoto.slideshowpro.com/albums/005/474/album-162384/cache/patdown012.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG?12901082 07

Canuck
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 02:29 PM
It's not about 'Unionizing' in the modern sense. It is about standing up for what isn't wanted by the populace. I know you are trying to get off topic, but the French protests were about raising the retirement age to 62. That is a great idea :rolleyes: Let's make it harder for younger workers to obtain a job, when they are competing against an older work force in an environment that has limited jobs available.
Here is a novel idea, let the older workers retire earlier (if they so choose) and that gives openings to more of the younger workers who would contribute more into the pension system.

MetaLord 9
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Way to ruin the thread with substance, asshats... :lol:

Shea
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 02:43 PM
It's not about 'Unionizing' in the modern sense. It is about standing up for what isn't wanted by the populace.

Yeah, uh... huh? Who is standing up to what?

I know you are trying to get off topic, but the French protests were about raising the retirement age to 62. That is a great idea :rolleyes: Let's make it harder for younger workers to obtain a job, when they are competing against an older work force in an environment that has limited jobs available.

Oh holy fuck NOT 62!!!!! If there was ever a reason to go into the streets and shut a country down, there it is /sarcasm

Why are there limited jobs Jason? Could it be BECAUSE of the unions? It is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to fire someone in France/Europe. Unions have such a strangle hold on the economies over there that ANY change that is necessary, reasonable (every country surrounding France has retirement ages in excess of 62) and moderate is met with violent (add self-righteous, self-indulgent, masturbatory) protests. Sounds just like what America needs...

Here is a novel idea, let the older workers retire earlier (if they so choose) and that gives openings to more of the younger workers who would contribute more into the pension system.

Perpetuating the ponzi scheme that are government retirement plans. Awesome. That shouldn't blow up in our faces..oh wait.

Shea
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 03:20 PM
If you are a Muslim woman, you get extra rights we pork eating, white-infidels just aren't special enough to get....

http://www.cair.com/ArticleDetails.aspx?ArticleID=26681&&name=n&&currPage=1

Now if you're a nun, god help ya, 'cause you can't get groped all day long

http://www.the-gates-of-hell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/nun-muslim-frisk-300x261.jpg

MonkeyPuzzle
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 03:44 PM
guess I'll just have to start shaving and wearing the nice underwear in case I get lucky at security screening

PM me for pics? :P

MonkeyPuzzle
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 03:45 PM

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/utilikilt

Wrider
Thu Nov 18th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Hmmmm Anyone else have the idea to bring an iPod or something for some strip club music and do a strip tease for them?
And it says we have the right to receive patdowns by TSA officials of the same sex, can we request them done by officials of the opposite sex???

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 12:01 AM
http://theoatmeal.com/blog/utilikilt

:spit: Now I have that f'n picture stuck in my heads.

Sarge
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 12:32 AM
I get REALLY worried about your mental health when you start pointing to the French as examples of "backbone..."

I get where he's coming from with this. The French love to protest, and one of their favorite things to do while protesting is not pick trash up off the streets, so it's visible to everyone.

I think the issue here though IS backbone, and fear. See, in most European countries, especially ones like France, the Government fears the people. If the Government pisses people off, not only do people strike, but they get violent, riot, burn things down, etc. Just look at Italy.

The problem we have in America is that our people are afraid of the Government, and not the other way around. We'd rather just bend over and take it, and vent on the interwebs than stand up and strike about it. The only ones who really get up and complain about these things tend to be minority groups. Just look at the whole Medal of Honor game issue that just came up. Those weren't video gamers, or even Soldiers, complaining about the fact that you can play against U.S. Force in a WAR SIMULATION, but before the Government had a chance to act, the game creators edited the game.

In America, people whine about "insensitivity" which leads to new laws and lawsuits, and a lot of complaining. And now, it leads to being sexually exploited and molested at airports, even for the PILOTS OF THE DAMN AIRPLANES. The 9/11 Hijackers didn't use bombs, they used box cutters, and they probably could have pulled the damn thing off with pencils, since your typical American doesn't have the balls to stand up deal with something like that.

The terrorists have already won, and so has George Bush. We now live in a state of perpetual fear, and as a people are no longer free. If this were Italy, people would be burning down airports and in France NOBODY would fly or even go to work at the Airports. In America, we just bend over and tell everybody "It's for the Greater Good."

/rant

Sarge
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Actually, not quite done ranting yet.

The 9/11 attacks were terrible, don't get me wrong. But imagine if just ONE PERSON on the plane, even if it were a decorated, trusted Officer, U.S. Marshall, undercover TSA officer, SOMETHING, had a gun, the whole thing could have been averted. But we're so afraid of guns, etc these days that it'll never happen. Better to sit down and be a victim than be proactive about it.

This whole thing really just blows my mind. Even as a Uniformed member of the United States Armed Forces, while flying WITH FIREARMS IN MY POSSESSION, they still subject us to the same shit. The ONLY benefit we get is that we don't have to take our boots off "at the TSA's discretion." What this literally means is that I can fly with an ASSAULT RIFLE and pistol in my possession, but I have to surrender a pocket knife?

The only ones who don't have to deal with this are lawmakers. Congressmen and Senators, and obviously the President don't have to subject themselves to this screening, and I bet you anything you won't find Angelina Jolie or someone else along those lines being run through those scanners or groped by some fat, butch, short-cropped female TSA officer. Nuns will get groped though, and so will you. Oh, but Muslim women are also allowed "special provisions."

I hope you're happy America, because you did this to yourself.

chanke4252
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 02:05 AM
i'd much rather be groped, than blasted with radiation. of course i'd much rather not be subjected to either.

honestly, all the further and further extreme pat downs seem like little more than a way to discourage people from opting out of the scanners. i could give a crap if someone sees me naked, but i'm not going to let them bully me into jeopardizing my health. i have always opted for the groping. i've never gone through one of those scanners, and i'm never going to.

tsa can burn in hell as far as i'm concerned, bunch of glorified mall cops.

you know, the whole "it's my job, it's not me" line of thought only means so much. same with the fact that they need to work. they chose to take a job with tsa, and there is some responsibility to be taken for that decision. reminds me of a lot of upstanding german citizens in the 1940's, as extreme a comparison as that is.

Bueller
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 06:17 AM
The terrorists have already won, and so has George Bush. We now live in a state of perpetual fear, and as a people are no longer free. If this were Italy, people would be burning down airports and in France NOBODY would fly or even go to work at the Airports. In America, we just bend over and tell everybody "It's for the Greater Good."

/rant

AbsoFuckingLutley!

The fear mongering is kept alive to keep the war profiteering in high gear.

3000 thousand people is a terrible tragedy, 6000+ service personnel and countless civilian casualties in response is a crime against humanity. Why do these idiots think they will ever stop terrorism by throwing billions of dollars at it for ineffective strategies. All we do is breed more terrorists, for every one we kill 5 more pop up to avenge their deaths. We are invading their countries for fucks sake! What would anyone here do if they invaded us? Get the fuck out of their business and let them go back to killing each other and give me my freedoms back!

Sean
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 09:16 AM
I flew out to DC yesterday and was chosen for the random testing. After declining the scanner I was grouped by one of the security guards. I've done a fair amount of traveling and have even been patted down before, but this was not the same. There techniques are much more personal and go to far. It was actually pretty degrading. I understand taking safety measures, and respect that, but don't agree with what they are doing.

Filo
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 09:37 AM
I flew out to DC yesterday and was chosen for the random testing. After declining the scanner I was grouped by one of the security guards. I've done a fair amount of traveling and have even been patted down before, but this was not the same. There techniques are much more personal and go to far. It was actually pretty degrading. I understand taking safety measures, and respect that, but don't agree with what they are doing.

Did you say "Mmmmmmm. Right there. Yeah baby. Harder! Harder! Faster!"? Or maybe "So, do you like gladiator movies? How about prison movies? Did you spend any time in prison yourself?" I plan on really embarrassing the person who has to do it to me. I figure that way we are in the same boat.

salsashark
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 09:38 AM

I'll bet that's the last time you fly with a carry on full of trains and krab meat...

Sarge
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 09:41 AM
I think next time I fly I'm going to tape a ruler to the inside of my thigh.

When I was flying out of Kuwait in August, I managed to get a small bag of "contraband" (Ibuprofen, but not in a "labled container") by sliding in into my boot and pant leg on the inside, between my legs. From where I was standing I had a clear view of the OTHER lanes screen, and you could see EVERYTHING on those damn scanners, except for the inside and outside edges, especially the inside. They're just as fallable as anything else, except maybe a full cavity search.

dirkterrell
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 09:47 AM
I was reading this as "Master of Puppets" came on the iPod. Although the song is about a different theme, I couldn't help but think about the state of the big government that we have allowed to control us more and more as time has gone along. "Master, master, where's the dreams that I've been after?/Master, master, you promised only lies."

Dirk

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 09:53 AM
I was reading this as "Master of Puppets" came on the iPod. Although the song is about a different theme, I couldn't help but think about the state of the big government that we have allowed to control us more and more as time has gone along. "Master, master, where's the dreams that I've been after?/Master, master, you promised only lies."

Dirk

I think people might actually get this one changed. The public isn't going to stand for having images of children and 13yr old girls groped in the name of "public safety"

salsashark
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 09:54 AM
^(too Dirk's post)^ :lol: too true

So this begs the question, when do we hit rock bottom so we can start rehabbing?

Sarge
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 10:18 AM
I think people might actually get this one changed. The public isn't going to stand for having images of children and 13yr old girls groped in the name of "public safety"

18 U.S.C. § 2256

(8)“child pornography” means any visual depiction, including any photograph, film, video, picture, or computer or computer-generated image or picture, whether made or produced by electronic, mechanical, or other means, of sexually explicit conduct, where—
(A)the production of such visual depiction involves the use of a minor engaging in sexually explicit conduct;
(B)such visual depiction is a digital image, computer image, or computer-generated image that is, or is indistinguishable from, that of a minor engaging in sexually explicit conduct; or
(C)such visual depiction has been created, adapted, or modified to appear that an identifiable minor is engaging in sexually explicit conduct.

18 U.S.C. §§ 2252A

(5)either—(A)in the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States, or on any land or building owned by, leased to, or otherwise used by or under the control of the United States Government, or in the Indian country (as defined in section 1151 (http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sec_18_00001151----000-.html)), knowingly possesses, or knowingly accesses with intent to view, any book, magazine, periodical, film, videotape, computer disk, or any other material that contains an image of child pornography; or
(7)knowingly produces with intent to distribute, or distributes, by any means, including a computer, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, child pornography that is an adapted or modified depiction of an identifiable minor.[1] (http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00002252---A000-.html#FN-1)
(b)(1)Whoever violates, or attempts or conspires to violate, paragraph (1), (2), (3), (4), or (6) of subsection (a) shall be fined under this title and imprisoned not less than 5 years and not more than 20 years...

I could go on ALL day...

Federal Laws concerning Child Pornography. I especially love the "when... involves interstate commerce" clause in most of them.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sup_01_18_10_I_20_110.html

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Then the second step, if you acknowledge that it's inappropriate for these methods to be used on children, then you acknowledge that there's a sexual nature and personal violation to these methods.

This won't stand in court once someone with some money behind them decides to stand up.

Think
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 10:28 AM
AbsoFuckingLutley!

The fear mongering is kept alive to keep the war profiteering in high gear.

3000 thousand people is a terrible tragedy, 6000+ service personnel and countless civilian casualties in response is a crime against humanity. Why do these idiots think they will ever stop terrorism by throwing billions of dollars at it for ineffective strategies. All we do is breed more terrorists, for every one we kill 5 more pop up to avenge their deaths. We are invading their countries for fucks sake! What would anyone here do if they invaded us? Get the fuck out of their business and let them go back to killing each other and give me my freedoms back!
So what do you propose we do as an adequate response for 9/11? Let them do what they want?

And back on topic, this groping and scanner thing are just absurd. When I first read it I thought it was some joke. Unbelievable we have gotten to this level. I can understand taking off our shoes and what not, but having this pat down is offensive.

Sarge
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Just need to see one of those pictures of the Grope Fests you see all over the net, but instead of a little old lady, a 4 yo girl, getting the inside of her thighs, crotch, breasts, etc rubbed up on. I'm sure that'll go over well. "She touched me in the bad places, mommy!" Explain THAT one to your daughter. Or your child-molesting uncle, if he doesn't work for the TSA already, that is.

TFOGGuys
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 10:31 AM
^(too Dirk's post)^ :lol: too true

So this begs the question, when do we hit rock bottom so we can start rehabbing?

We already reached it....then they broke out the jackahammers

Sarge
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 10:31 AM
So what do you propose we do as an adequate response for 9/11? Let them do what they want?

And back on topic, this groping and scanner thing are just absurd. When I first read it I thought it was some joke. Unbelievable we have gotten to this level. I can understand taking off our shoes and what not, but having this pat down is offensive.

Obviously, SOMETHING has to be done, but molesting everyone, or photographing them naked if they prefer, is NOT the answer. No "free" society should subject its members to this sort of blatant abuse. This crosses the line, plain and simple.

salsashark
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Ok... this had me chuckling :lol:

Touched by the TSA? Win an iPod Touch... (http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/social.media/11/19/tsa.touched.ipod/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn)

talk about a lemonade out of lemons marketing campaign...

asp_125
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 11:23 AM
.. and preloaded on these iPod Touches... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUqCv_1kGzM

salsashark
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 11:39 AM
:lol: and now, the iPod Touch TSA playlist, feel free to add as needed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUqCv_1kGzM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNIZofPB8ZM

TFOGGuys
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 11:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PECk9A-07Pw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZU9nk8mJ3A

salsashark
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 11:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEe_eraFWWs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2tSbNaeLZ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Tdik6p8XI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS91knuzoOA

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 12:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbPehwTtQnk

Sarge
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

Bueller
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 12:44 PM

Mind our own godamned business and stop making enemies of the rest of the world. Or just take over the entire world and force them into our form of government. We will be the greatest military power in the universe and all will be assimilated and like it.

This shit would have never started if we didn't feel the need to shape the world. We created this monster and now it is going to eat us. Will we not learn the lessons of the past? We cannot defeat this enemy, we need to find away to coexist. You can't just kill everything that you don't like.

Canuck
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 12:45 PM
:applause:

Keyser Soze
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Mind our own godamned business and stop making enemies of the rest of the world. Or just take over the entire world and force them into our form of government. We will be the greatest military power in the universe and all will be assimilated and like it.

This shit would have never started if we didn't feel the need to shape the world. We created this monster and now it is going to eat us. Will we not learn the lessons of the past? We cannot defeat this enemy, we need to find away to coexist. You can't just kill everything that you don't like.

Fuckin hippies.

Those fuckers hate all infidels. In their country or not, you think they'd leave us alone?

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 01:05 PM
hide behind your borders until the evil are strong enough to attack you where you live.

Learn from history? How about WWII?

Mother Goose
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 01:08 PM
http://distritos.telepolis.com/1516/doc/ima/team-america-20040719101833503.jpg

DFab
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 01:34 PM
hide behind your borders until the evil are strong enough to attack you where you live.

Learn from history? How about the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan?

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Learn from history? How about the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan?

Well versed. But that wasn't the point of Bueller's post. His said to hide behind your borders and quit trying to influence the world.

asp_125
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Well versed. But that wasn't the point of Bueller's post. His said to hide behind your borders and quit trying to influence the world.

Seems to work for the Swiss.

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Seems to work for the Swiss.

That's like saying it works for the Amish. Everyone around them picks up the fight.

Bueller
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 04:21 PM

You said hide, I never said hide.
Oh and WW2, you mean the last war we actually "won"? We fought the good fight along with our allies the Soviets, the same USSR we then spent the next 40+ years in a cold war with, spending and spending, building nuke after nuke to assure our mutual destruction, oh yea that is genus. The beginning of our governments fear mongering success. They learned that lesson well, keep us in fear and we will actually believe all the bullshit they feed us. Now the USSR no longer exists because they bankrupted their economy with the huge military expenditures, we just outlasted them. But we can't quit spending or what would all the defense contractors do? So the government just keeps the fear going. We created BinLadin, we created Sadam we created that idiot in Iran. We had the chance to take out Bin Ladin but we spent our resources on a war in Iraq to rid the world of the WMD's, that were going to be coming to our borders to kill us all! Fucking LIES! Iraq had absolutly nothing to do with 9/11 but yet we "needed" to go invade that country and oust the legitimate government, why?
Now we return our focus to Afghanistan, after giving the Taliban 7 years recruit, fortify and entrench, how fucking stupid is that if you really want to win the war on terror.
For some further stupidity look no farther than Vietnam and Korea, 2 wars were we found out that when you invade a country with the mighty military force that is the United States, the poor peasants can hold their own and eventually defeat and vanquish the invaders in disgrace. The Soviets learned this in Afghanistan (were we supplied Bin laden with arms and $) But we learned nothing from their failure.
Why is it our responsibility to police the world? The world doesn't want it, and if we would have refrained from shaping (and totally fucking up) world affairs back in the 40's possibly there would be so much hatred towards us that makes people want to kill us like we have been killing them. They are as much in fear of us trying to extinguish their way of life as we are of them, of course we have a proven track record of doing such so why wouldn't they believe that?

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 04:29 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_g7KcbMxmLEU/R5E2Yk_YZ4I/AAAAAAAADFY/_m0pJ7oocXI/s400/TinfoilHat.jpg

Bueller
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 04:36 PM
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/stuff/cf4b1e2a.jpg

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 04:37 PM
cuz none of that had anything to do with preventing the spread of communist dictatorships which are what allowed people like Hitler (Lenin, Mao, etc...) to do the evil they did

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 04:39 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cQb2tKyozEQ/SXgDOcty9fI/AAAAAAAAAvo/Iu9FsXj8OzQ/s400/c_documents_and_settings_notandi_my_documents_my_p ictures_killer_sheep.jpg

Bueller
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Hitler was not a communist, in fact he hated commies too.
You are assimilated, I am done with you.

asp_125
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 05:46 PM
http://whatwouldtotowatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/team-america.jpg

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 06:19 PM
that's fine. I have no desire to go on a 10 page back and forth that isn't going to change anyone's opinions. You can leave your head in the sand and think that hiding inside the borders would keep us safe. As a matter of fact, we tried that before WWII didn't we..... Oh, and so did a bunch of other countries that fell...

Sarge
Sat Nov 20th, 2010, 04:19 AM
Ok Johnny, this man is going to touch your penis now, but it's OK because he's the government!

http://media2.myfoxtwincities.com//photo/2010/11/19/kid-tsa-patdown_20101119115637_320_240.JPG

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/video-child-getting-tsa-patdown-nov-19-2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1vmcJVIErA&feature=player_embedded#!

chanke4252
Sat Nov 20th, 2010, 09:39 PM
^that is messed up, seriously.

AirAssault
Sun Nov 21st, 2010, 02:58 AM
You said hide, I never said hide.
Oh and WW2, you mean the last war we actually "won"? We fought the good fight along with our allies the Soviets, the same USSR we then spent the next 40+ years in a cold war with, spending and spending, building nuke after nuke to assure our mutual destruction, oh yea that is genus. The beginning of our governments fear mongering success. They learned that lesson well, keep us in fear and we will actually believe all the bullshit they feed us. Now the USSR no longer exists because they bankrupted their economy with the huge military expenditures, we just outlasted them. But we can't quit spending or what would all the defense contractors do? So the government just keeps the fear going. We created BinLadin, we created Sadam we created that idiot in Iran. We had the chance to take out Bin Ladin but we spent our resources on a war in Iraq to rid the world of the WMD's, that were going to be coming to our borders to kill us all! Fucking LIES! Iraq had absolutly nothing to do with 9/11 but yet we "needed" to go invade that country and oust the legitimate government, why?
Now we return our focus to Afghanistan, after giving the Taliban 7 years recruit, fortify and entrench, how fucking stupid is that if you really want to win the war on terror.
For some further stupidity look no farther than Vietnam and Korea, 2 wars were we found out that when you invade a country with the mighty military force that is the United States, the poor peasants can hold their own and eventually defeat and vanquish the invaders in disgrace. The Soviets learned this in Afghanistan (were we supplied Bin laden with arms and $) But we learned nothing from their failure.
Why is it our responsibility to police the world? The world doesn't want it, and if we would have refrained from shaping (and totally fucking up) world affairs back in the 40's possibly there would be so much hatred towards us that makes people want to kill us like we have been killing them. They are as much in fear of us trying to extinguish their way of life as we are of them, of course we have a proven track record of doing such so why wouldn't they believe that?

Plus 10k!

rforsythe
Sun Nov 21st, 2010, 09:05 AM
You have to search for it since Tribune had most copies of it pulled from the net, but there is a video of a 3-yo girl getting the new body check at an airport, screaming and crying the whole time as she's getting felt up in very private areas. If *anyone* else did that to a kid, hell if a cop did that to a kid, they would be brought up on criminal charges, so why does the TSA get away with it? Has our country truly descended to the point of a choice between getting our bodies irradiated, or getting searched just short of a cavity search (which I'm sure some TSA lemming has thought of)? There is another group of people who are subjected to this type of treatment, FYI - convicted felons going to prison. Think about that the next time you fly.

FWIW, private pilots don't have to deal with this crap. I wish I could afford to fly myself more often as it's not cheap to rent even a Cessna, but the fact that I can walk through a door, out to my plane, hop in and go, all without getting checked to see if I'm a terrorist is becoming more and more appealing. Even driving almost sounds better, other than how long it takes.

Bueller
Sun Nov 21st, 2010, 09:14 AM
It'll only take one jackoff flying a private plane into a target and those days will be gone for you. You will have to carry and pay for an air Marshall to fly with you, holding his gun on you to make sure you don't stray from your flight plan. Makes perfect sense to me.

rforsythe
Sun Nov 21st, 2010, 09:58 AM
It'll only take one jackoff flying a private plane into a target and those days will be gone for you. You will have to carry and pay for an air Marshall to fly with you, holding his gun on you to make sure you don't stray from your flight plan. Makes perfect sense to me.

It's been done multiple times. Doesn't inflict enough damage to matter, it's not a lot different than plowing a truck into something. So far, no air marshals...

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Nov 21st, 2010, 10:18 AM
Plus 10k!

You want to start this again?

I think the two of us debating world politics decided to let it go and move on with the original topic. You want to throw fuel on this fire again?

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Sun Nov 21st, 2010, 11:38 AM
You want to start this again?

I think the two of us debating world politics decided to let it go and move on with the original topic. You want to throw fuel on this fire again?

I think fuel on this fire is good. It is nice entertainment for us all. :) :fire:

#1Townie
Sun Nov 21st, 2010, 05:33 PM
Yeah let's do this. Ok so no wmds what so eever were found right? Right? Think again. Do a google search and you will find we DID find some. Not the amount we were told but still. Also this whole let's just chill here and not fuck with any one idea is a crock of shit! I would rather loose 500 us troops and 1000 people from some other county then loose one more innocent AMERICAN child to some arab asshole that thinks cuz we are diffrent we should die. Fuck them. All of them. They chose to star this fight.

Now you fucking peace love stinky dumb shits shut the fuck up! We keep loosing wars cuz our hippies keep crying about it. Fact is that guys like saddam don't know what peace is. Guys like osama don't want peace. They want a fight. They want to fight long enough to make us want to quit fighting so we look like pussys. Stop letting them win!

As far as the tsa and all that bullshit. DON'T FUCKING FLY! Done.

It is you'rechose to fly. If you have a job that makes you travil find a new job. If the people stopped flying that would mak a louder voice then any senator with a mic. Actions over words.

The Black Knight
Sun Nov 21st, 2010, 05:51 PM
I must admit, when I see that #1Townie has replied to a thread, I will almost always open it up just to see what kind of epic rant he goes on. And this time is no different, I only wished I'd started archiving the rants long ago, to eventually put them to print at some point.

I don't even care what this thread is about. Now that Townie has entered into the mix, I'll be back to check it out more.

#1Townie
Sun Nov 21st, 2010, 06:01 PM
I try.

Chilly
Sun Nov 21st, 2010, 09:48 PM
Ok Johnny, this man is going to touch your penis now, but it's OK because he's the government!

http://media2.myfoxtwincities.com//photo/2010/11/19/kid-tsa-patdown_20101119115637_320_240.JPG

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/video-child-getting-tsa-patdown-nov-19-2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1vmcJVIErA&feature=player_embedded#!

Can we all just shut the hell up about the wars, terror, and politics for one second and realize this is a picture of a CHILD being assaulted? Fuck them all. Fuck their ideology, and fuck anyone that lets this happen to a kid. This shit makes me sick. If it takes nuking the world back into the stone age for us all to wake up and see that we are WAIVING OUR RIGHTS WITH OUR FLAGS, then warm up the Bar-B-Ques, bitches I'll watch it burn... Fucktard TSA and the lot of the Lady GAGAG watching drones. I'll light the fuse...

Sarge
Sun Nov 21st, 2010, 11:17 PM
It keeps getting better and better...

http://www.drudgereport.com/tsak.jpg

To be fair, it was the boys father who took the shirt off, but things didn't get any better from there.

http://patriotupdate.com/stories/read/6204/Video-Young-Boy-strip-searched-by-TSA-

http://www.drudgereport.com

#1Townie
Sun Nov 21st, 2010, 11:25 PM
and again they dont have to fly. they dont. no one is "making" them do shit. the parents choose to fly. then they choose to let this happen. they could have walked out at anytime and not taken the flight.

but just so we are on the same page i dont think its right but i also dont see the tsa as the only ones at fault.

longrider
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 06:43 AM
and again they dont have to fly. they dont. no one is "making" them do shit. the parents choose to fly. then they choose to let this happen. they could have walked out at anytime and not taken the flight.

but just so we are on the same page i dont think its right but i also dont see the tsa as the only ones at fault.

While you definitly can choose not to fly initially (which is what I do anytime I can). once you are at the screening station you have to be screened or face a big fine. The guy that started this whole thing with the 'dont touch my junk' video is facing a $10,000 fine for not being screened.

#1Townie
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 07:43 AM
didnt know that.

im never flying again.

Sarge
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 07:53 AM
$11,000. They just increased the fine. :) Plus they can jail him. They don't want terrorists to be able to scope the system, and leave only when they get picked for "additional screening."

asp_125
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 08:13 AM
TSA is doing it all wrong. Bomb sniffing dogs, and soldiers with UZIs ... :up:

longrider
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 08:21 AM
I have been thinking about this, and I think I would rather take the 1 in a million chance of being on a plane that gets hijacked or bombed and just go back to security like it was 10 years ago - empty your pockets and walk through a metal detector. If the detector went off or your baggage x-ray was strange then more action would be taken otherwise you went on your way

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 08:34 AM

I agree to an extent that "the dont have to fly." There are plenty of people that are forced to fly becuase work forces them to. The military is a perfect example. I do agree that 95% of travelers fly because it is "easier" and cheaper they do not have to.

I believe everyone should be required to go through security wearing nothing more than speedo or two piece bathing suit. You can have a change of clothes in your carry on. This way there is nothing that can set off the detector, except medal rods in the body. Which then your screwed anyways, like I use to be. You can have changing areas in private and from there go straight through to security in a manor no one can see you other than the screener. That way no on gets embarassed etc. Separate the males, females, and have a family line. Other than the cost whats the problem with this? Oh wait TSA could go out of business and people would lose their jobs.

Sarge
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 08:39 AM
In that case, why not just have "flying suits" like at a hospital? Everybody changes into a paper gown, provided by the airlines, and disposed of after the flight. Or we can just go naked.

TFOGGuys
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 09:14 AM
In that case, why not just have "flying suits" like at a hospital? Everybody changes into a paper gown, provided by the airlines, and disposed of after the flight. Or we can just go naked.
Do you really want to be stuck in the middle seat between the (naked) clammy fat guy, and the 107 year old (naked) woman that looks like Jabba the Hutt's twin sister? :puke:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VrfoiT12VQs/SWFZBy7oHBI/AAAAAAAAACc/qMF3_VaHEUs/s320/sallystruthers.jpeg

Sarge
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 09:22 AM
:lol: But only like 2/3 of Americans are overweight, and only 1/3 are actually obese. So I have a 1/3 chance of getting stuck next to a skinny person.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 09:28 AM
:lol: But only like 2/3 of Americans are overweight, and only 1/3 are actually obese. So I have a 1/3 chance of getting stuck next to a skinny person.

just make sure you're flying to Mexico and not Iowa

http://images.nitrosell.com/store_images/7/1746/customcontent/202/corona%20extra%20woman%20on%20beach%202.jpg

Filo
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 10:10 AM
I must admit, when I see that #1Townie has replied to a thread, I will almost always open it up just to see what kind of epic rant he goes on. And this time is no different, I only wished I'd started archiving the rants long ago, to eventually put them to print at some point.

You could start a blog - "Shit my townie says". You'd be rich.

DFab
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 11:11 AM
Now you fucking peace love stinky dumb shits shut the fuck up! We keep loosing wars cuz our hippies keep crying about it. Fact is that guys like saddam don't know what peace is. Guys like osama don't want peace. They want a fight. They want to fight long enough to make us want to quit fighting so we look like pussys.

So if I understand you correctly, Saddam didn't want peace, Osama doesn't want peace, and YOU don't want peace either.

Saddam, Osama, and #1Townie, three peas in a pod...

TFOGGuys
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 11:33 AM
it gets better:

http://www.vagabondish.com/tsa-rifle-bearing-soldiers-relinquish-nail-clippers/

Why is common sense SO uncommon? :banghead:

salsashark
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 11:38 AM
Welcome to Costco, I love you (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8zNsUTWsOc)

MetaLord 9
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 12:02 PM
As a followup, I went through the frigging security this past weekend. they made me get in the scanner, I asked if we could do it this another way, I've had enough radiation in my life, and they asked me if I was refusing the scanner. I said I'm not refusing, but if they have another way to do it, I'd prefer that. They scanned me anyway and then patted me down and did the swipe test on my hands. I definitely complained LOUDLY as I collected my belongings and moved on.

By contrast, however, Lindsey didn't get either a pat down OR a scan (she was in another line).

This is STILL bullshit. And don't give me the "if you don't like it, don't fly" answer either, TSA, because flying is the only way for people to conduct business, see loved ones, attend important functions, etc. If there was a viable alternative to flying, believe me, I would take it. When it comes to the point of "this is for your own good," the government has ceased being a participatory body in existence to aid its citizens, and it has instead become an invasive regulator granting privileges instead of protecting rights.

Spiderman
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 12:26 PM
As a followup, I went through the frigging security this past weekend. they made me get in the scanner, I asked if we could do it this another way, I've had enough radiation in my life, and they asked me if I was refusing the scanner. I said I'm not refusing, but if they have another way to do it, I'd prefer that. They scanned me anyway and then patted me down and did the swipe test on my hands. I definitely complained LOUDLY as I collected my belongings and moved on.
Your only options are scanner or molestation. The scanner is quicker for them, so they urge people to do it. You have to refuse it if you don't want it, and the key phrase "I opt out" will guarantee that.

longrider
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 12:31 PM
When it comes to the point of "this is for your own good," the government has ceased being a participatory body in existence to aid its citizens, and it has instead become an invasive regulator granting privileges instead of protecting rights.

+1000000

Spiderman
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 12:38 PM
They should make Obama go through the pat-down procedure each time he wants to board Air Force One... see how quickly that policy would get reversed.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 12:42 PM
It's a conspiracy. This is governments attempt at getting Amtrak off the tit and making it commercially viable on it's own.

salsashark
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 12:44 PM
They should make Obama go through the pat-down procedure each time he wants to board Air Force One... see how quickly that policy would get reversed.

Don't forget John Pistole... I think he needs to be molestered every time he sets foot in any airport so he gets a CLEAR idea what his organization is up to.

longrider
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 12:57 PM
It's a conspiracy. This is governments attempt at getting Amtrak off the tit and making it commercially viable on it's own.

We would have to get bullet trains before that would really be a viable alternative. Regarding travel time, if you do the math starting your trip at your front door and ending at your hotel or office destination flying is not as much of a time saver as you would think for trips under 750 miles. I have figured it out FOR ME and I can drive to Grand Junction faster than I could fly and Las Vegas only saves about 4 hours to fly

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 01:01 PM
We would have to get bullet trains before that would really be a viable alternative. Regarding travel time, if you do the math starting your trip at your front door and ending at your hotel or office destination flying is not as much of a time saver as you would think for trips under 750 miles. I have figured it out FOR ME and I can drive to Grand Junction faster than I could fly and Las Vegas only saves about 4 hours to fly

I really just meant it as a joke

True on the time travel

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 01:06 PM
Passenger told to put his clothes back on for a pat down.

.......Through a statement released by his attorney Sunday night, Wolanyk said "TSA needs to see that I'm not carrying any weapons, explosives, or other prohibited substances, I refuse to have images of my naked body viewed by perfect strangers, and having been felt up for the first time by TSA the week prior (I travel frequently) I was not willing to be molested again." Wolanyk's attorney said that TSA requested his client put his clothes on so he could be patted down properly but his client refused to put his clothes back on. He never refused a pat-down, according to his attorney.
Wolanyk was arrested for refusing to complete the security process and for recording the incident on his iPhone, according to his attorney......

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40314284/ns/travel-news/?GT1=43001

longrider
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 01:08 PM
I figured you meant it as a joke, but if we did get bullet trains in the eastern US I could see it cutting air travel in half, I could also see a line running up and down the west coast from San Diego to Seattle being very popular

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 01:12 PM
Have been told (not verified) that even countries with bullet trains have to subsidize them with tax dollars.

salsashark
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 01:28 PM
OK... so I was reading through the comments on this story

"Going commando" on the TSA (http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/11/going-commando.ars)

This one cracked me up :lol:

There needs to be a joke about this being a no-win scenario.... then a video blogger talking about their own personal "Kobayashi Maru" and how a TSA operative decided to "Boldly go where no man has gone before..."

Obviously, the perfect ending would be an overhead camera view of them screaming: "KHHHHHHHAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!!!" once the TSA agent meets "resistance"...

rforsythe
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 01:36 PM
One thing I have noticed is the scanners aren't in every line, and if you're careful about which boarding-pass checker you go to, you can more or less put yourself on the side where the scanner isn't. Not sure what that means if you set off Mr Beepy on your way through, but it lessens the chance of random selection.

longrider
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 02:32 PM
I liked this comment to the linked article, is sums up my feelings exactly:

I echo the sentiment in the last line, its like network security, you block one hole they'll find a way around it, but at some point security prevents the ability of a person to complete the task whose ability to do so is what the security is supposed to protect and becomes self defeating. It's simply not worth it, there is just going to have be some accepted risk in life, given what could happen driving to the airport, I think the current risk without the nude scans and demeaning pat downs is more then acceptable.

salsashark
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 02:35 PM
I liked this comment to the linked article, is sums up my feelings exactly:

agreed... how many people were killed on our nation's highways in the last year?

rforsythe
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 04:24 PM
agreed... how many people were killed on our nation's highways in the last year?

Actually one of the potential outcomes of all of this is that travel will actually become less safe, as more people opt to drive which is statistically much more dangerous.

Spiderman
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 06:02 PM
A few comments on the story that caught my attention:

I don't see why they don't skip hiding the explosives altogether. Forget the plane--you can kill a hell of a lot more people with two or three bombs scattered about the security line on a busy travel day.

The thought of dying in a plane is terrifying, but imagine worrying about whether or not you make it onto the plane in the first place because of “11/25.”Which garnered this reply:

The fact that we haven't seen this tactic yet suggests that the terrorist threat is far smaller than your government would have you believe.

Not sure how true this one is, but it's definitely food for thought:

The reality is that these 'naked photo scanners' are not designed to detect explosives. They are only designed to detect high-density objects like metal.

Functionally they provide no additional 'security' over a plane jane metal detector.

It's all a lie. There is no cake. There is no security.

If you wear your explosives of the correct type in the the correct way then you could walk right through these full body scanners and they would not have a chance at detecting the explosives.

The TSA is not fighting it to improve security. They are fighting it because these scanners cost 300 billion dollars to implement, require a 10 percent increase in personal to operate them, and have a yearly operational expense of 340 billion dollars. They don't want to look like jack asses after throwing nearly a trillion dollars at SOMETHING THAT IS FUCKING WORTHLESS.

It's all for show. It provides no additional security AT ALL.

They are morons and dishonest. They are incompetent and they know it.

THAT is what it's really about.

rforsythe
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 06:20 PM
It is *always* about the money. I can say with near certainty that if you trace back the policy decisions, purchase approvals, and lines of authority far enough, you will ultimately find some politician sucking off a corporation for profit.

longrider
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 06:21 PM
The reality is that these 'naked photo scanners' are not designed to detect explosives. They are only designed to detect high-density objects like metal.

Functionally they provide no additional 'security' over a plane jane metal detector.

It's all a lie. There is no cake. There is no security.

If you wear your explosives of the correct type in the the correct way then you could walk right through these full body scanners and they would not have a chance at detecting the explosives.

The TSA is not fighting it to improve security. They are fighting it because these scanners cost 300 billion dollars to implement, require a 10 percent increase in personal to operate them, and have a yearly operational expense of 340 billion dollars. They don't want to look like jack asses after throwing nearly a trillion dollars at SOMETHING THAT IS FUCKING WORTHLESS.

It's all for show. It provides no additional security AT ALL.

They are morons and dishonest. They are incompetent and they know it.

THAT is what it's really about.

Not defending the scanners in any way shape or form but he is off by a factor of 1000:

[An army of executives for scanner-producing corporations -- mostly former high-ranking Homeland Security officials -- successfully lobbied Congress into spending $300 million in stimulus money to buy the scanners. But running them will cost another $340 million each year. Operating them means 5,000 added TSA personnel, growing the screener workforce by 10 percent. This, when the federal debt commission is saying that we must cut federal employment rolls, including some FBI agents, just to keep spending sustainable.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/body_scanners_the_naked_truth_hBCJUd9j0d5kAZWSrStI jL#ixzz1641utPpk

(that is interesting web software on nypost.com, I was going to post a link anyway but when I copied the text it inserted the link in my copy/paste on its own)

sag
Mon Nov 22nd, 2010, 06:28 PM
i dont have any problem with all of this unless its an attractive girl lol then it offends me. old people, ugly people, men, me... i dont care just as long as its not an attractive woman.

dirkterrell
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 08:42 AM
Denninger has a great post on the matter this morning:

http://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=173092

Dirk

Sean
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 08:50 AM
It is *always* about the money. Really, I feel like it's fear and control. I'm sure someone out there is making money off of this, but the premise is fear.

rforsythe
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 08:52 AM
Really, I feel like it's fear and control. I'm sure someone out there is making money off of this, but the premise is fear.

Fear drives panic, which drives reactionary spending "to eliminate the threat". Fear is perpetuated by those who stand to profit.

Keyser Soze
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 08:56 AM

Dirk

Good article.

Until government policies make actual sense and the people responsible for the previous screw-ups are identified and expelled from the government, along with being held to account for their negligence or worse, I'm not flying

Dude's not gonna be flying for a looooooooong time

Sean
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 09:11 AM
which drives reactionary spending "to eliminate the threat".I'm not really following your how panic drives reactionary spending. Can you give me an example?

Sarge
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 09:16 AM
The TSA.

dirkterrell
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 09:16 AM
Really, I feel like it's fear and control. I'm sure someone out there is making money off of this, but the premise is fear.

Former TSA head Michael Chertoff's security firm has as a client one of the two manufacturers of the body scan machines. They cost about $150K each. They don't detect liquids or plastics. And they can't detect items in a body cavity (a technique already employed by a terrorist). They wouldn't have detected the underwear bomber's device, which oddly is the incident they keep bringing up in support of this new "security" screening approach.

They still haven't explained why this guy was allowed on the plane in the first place without a passport (stopped by the airline but waived on by some government official) and he was a known terrorist suspect. And he boarded the plane outside the country. No, they let that guy on the plane but we are more secure because we're letting TSA screeners grope grandpa and the kids? Uh, yeah. :rolleyes: Typical big government bullshit.

Dirk

Sean
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 09:54 AM
Former TSA head Michael Chertoff's security firm has as a client one of the two manufacturers of the body scan machines. They cost about $150K each. They don't detect liquids or plastics. And they can't detect items in a body cavity (a technique already employed by a terrorist). They wouldn't have detected the underwear bomber's device, which oddly is the incident they keep bringing up in support of this new "security" screening approach.

They still haven't explained why this guy was allowed on the plane in the first place without a passport (stopped by the airline but waived on by some government official) and he was a known terrorist suspect. And he boarded the plane outside the country. No, they let that guy on the plane but we are more secure because we're letting TSA screeners grope grandpa and the kids? Uh, yeah. :rolleyes: Typical big government bullshit.
I agree. The machines wouldn't have solved the problem in the first place and they probably won't solve it now. The company making the machines is doing very well. But let's be honest, in the grand scheme of gauging for cash, $150k for each one isn't THAT bad (even though yes, it is way overpriced). I don't really think TSA is making money out of this. Although they are probably creating more jobs (the only good thing to come out of this). So there is no real need to have them and they only benefit a limited amount of people.

Which is why I think it's a fear based device. It's the same as the PSA in the airport announcing the "threat level Orange" every 3-5 min or the same thing as the nightly news headlining "Is your deodorant killing you?" I'm no conspiracist, but it sure seems like a ploy trying to get us to live in fear. Because fearful people stay in line. :down:

puckstr
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 09:57 AM
I have always had vibrators and lube in my carry on (lube is under 3oz).
I LOVE the looks I get, but no EVER has said anything.

rforsythe
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 10:09 AM
I'm not really following your how panic drives reactionary spending. Can you give me an example?

Pundits create a fear that terrorists are coming (true or not, there is a lot of effort in this regard). Lawmakers must "do something". Corruption is no big secret, so "something" ends up being contracts to companies which buy off politicians, and we end up footing the bill for ineffective security measures. It's also no big secret that most transportation security is just reactive theatrical response.

The Patriot Act is also a good example. In the panic created after the "fear" of 9/11, lawmakers rushed to enact one of the worst pieces of legislation in American history. A significant amount of money has since been spent violating your civil rights, all under the guise of fear.

Or look at NASA - they are being investigated by congress for trying to find a cheaper and better way of launching spacecraft, because politicians in Utah want their local companies to continue getting contracts for unsafe and dated tech (multi-piece solid rocket boosters). The reason these congressmen are giving for why NASA can't pursue better options? "National security is at risk" (OMG, be afraid!). In other words, if the companies lose contracts they can't keep funding political efforts.

Fear is a convenient justification for a lot of things, spending money stupidly is just one of them.

dirkterrell
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 10:17 AM
I agree. The machines wouldn't have solved the problem in the first place and they probably won't solve it now. The company making the machines is doing very well. But let's be honest, in the grand scheme of gauging for cash, $150k for each one isn't THAT bad (even though yes, it is way overpriced). I don't really think TSA is making money out of this.

Yeah, but multiply that by 500 to 1000 to put them everywhere and you're talking of order $100 million. That's a significant amount of money. Spend a fraction of that on bomb-sniffing dogs and you'll get a much better effect on airline safety.

Although they are probably creating more jobs (the only good thing to come out of this). So there is no real need to have them and they only benefit a limited amount of people.

Like many government jobs, these don't actually produce anything of value to society and remove valuable capital that could be productive in doing so.

Which is why I think it's a fear based device. It's the same as the PSA in the airport announcing the "threat level Orange" every 3-5 min or the same thing as the nightly news headlining "Is your deodorant killing you?" I'm no conspiracist, but it sure seems like a ploy trying to get us to live in fear. Because fearful people stay in line. :down:

That's exactly what it is, along with most of this "homeland security" bullshit. History is replete with examples of repressive governments that got their stranglehold because the citizens gave up liberty in the name of security. We are heading down the same path.

Dirk

TurboGizzmo
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 10:58 AM
http://www.seattlepi.com/national/1120ap_us_odd_shielding_underwear.html?source=mypi

Assume this would just cause you to be patted down......

Spiderman
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 12:07 PM

Dirk

Good article.
+1

Further, said underwear bomber boarded that plane outside the United States. All the scanners in US airports cannot detect a bomb that comes onto a plane in a foreign land.

Keyser Soze
Wed Nov 24th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Made it through ohare security in 5 minutes on the busiest travel day of the year. Didn't even see the scanners

Filo
Wed Nov 24th, 2010, 04:22 PM
You guys are all so negative. This is a great opportunity for dorks like you (and me, I guess). New pickup line at the bar: "Hi, I'm with the TSA. I am going to need you to go through the back scatter scanner. Oh, wait, there isn't one here. I will just have to pat you down. Hands up and smile..."

The girls are going to love that.

Shea
Thu Nov 25th, 2010, 10:09 AM
If true, we have our very own Gestapo in the making:

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/30286