PDA

View Full Version : If you think the Douglas County cop was out of control...

Sarge
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 02:56 AM
http://www.bicycling.com/news/advocacy/when-cop-says-stop?page=0,0

Check this out. Cop harasses two BICYCLISTS, attempts to run them off the road, swears at them, brake checks them, threatens to shoot, hits one with a Taser 5 times, finally drops him onto his helmet, shattering it, and attempts to beat him with a collapsing nightstick. Then, another knocks the phone out of his 16 year old companion, slams him to the ground, handcuffs him, arrests them both, and then can't actually find the statutes to cite them for?

God bless America. :usa:

CaneZach
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 07:21 AM
This is pretty understandable. EVERYONE hates bicyclists! In all seriousness, just about every person on this board has gotten pissed off at a bicyclist who insists on riding in the lane of traffic, or two of them riding next to each other and disrupting the flow of traffic.

dirkterrell
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 08:07 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Qy4iftwk5JM/RvqoomQ0FXI/AAAAAAAABsI/An0UlkLrQSM/s400/cop.jpg

fasterlaster
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 08:41 AM
This is pretty understandable. EVERYONE hates bicyclists! In all seriousness, just about every person on this board has gotten pissed off at a bicyclist who insists on riding in the lane of traffic, or two of them riding next to each other and disrupting the flow of traffic.

What do you mean....I love bicyclists....At least I love the sound they make when pushed over :eyebrows:

Nick_Ninja
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 08:51 AM
I'm more of a bicyclist than a biker these dayz. :D

King Nothing
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 10:14 AM
This is pretty understandable. EVERYONE hates bicyclists!
:cheers:

mathman1000
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 11:58 AM
No, its mostly just republicans that hate bicyclists; and most of them can suck my *&^% :321:

CaneZach
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 01:36 PM
No, its mostly just republicans that hate bicyclists; and most of them can suck my *&^% :321:

I feel the same way about liberals, especially the ones who pedal around. They can all suck my *&^% :321::321::321::loser::loser::loser:

bornwildnfree
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Um..wow. Two wheels is two wheels and as much as I usually don't like bicyclists, this was completely uncalled for.

"The first issue--whether cyclists must obey the orders of law enforcement officers--was central to the "motion to dismiss" hearings for Tony and Ryan. As the Court held, if the cyclist hasn't broken a traffic law, then the cyclist can't be lawfully arrested, and the order to pull over is itself unlawful. Therefore, if the order is unlawful, the cyclist is not required to obey the order, and can't be arrested for failure to comply. Now, this is the law in Ohio, but it is based on 4th Amendment jurisprudence, so the jurisprudence in other states should be similar. If somebody knows of contradictory 4th Amendment jurisprudence in another state, please let me know."

This is something to think about. If you aren't doing anything wrong, not speeding, not being unsafe, just riding and you get pulled over for "probable cause" then it's an illegal stop. Something to think about when the cop follows you through the canyons even though you aren't being unsafe.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I refuse to ride with conservatives. :down:

CaneZach
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I refuse to ride with conservatives. :down:

Awww, I thought you loved me? :lol:

Bashed
Fri Nov 19th, 2010, 04:53 PM
This might of happened in Ohio but if you really believe what you said you live in La La Land.
Um..wow. Two wheels is two wheels and as much as I usually don't like bicyclists, this was completely uncalled for.

"The first issue--whether cyclists must obey the orders of law enforcement officers--was central to the "motion to dismiss" hearings for Tony and Ryan. As the Court held, if the cyclist hasn't broken a traffic law, then the cyclist can't be lawfully arrested, and the order to pull over is itself unlawful. Therefore, if the order is unlawful, the cyclist is not required to obey the order, and can't be arrested for failure to comply. Now, this is the law in Ohio, but it is based on 4th Amendment jurisprudence, so the jurisprudence in other states should be similar. If somebody knows of contradictory 4th Amendment jurisprudence in another state, please let me know."

This is something to think about. If you aren't doing anything wrong, not speeding, not being unsafe, just riding and you get pulled over for "probable cause" then it's an illegal stop. Something to think about when the cop follows you through the canyons even though you aren't being unsafe.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Sat Nov 20th, 2010, 06:20 AM
I feel the same way about liberals, especially... well all of them. They can all suck my *&^% :321::321::321::loser::loser::loser:

Fixed :)

King Nothing
Sat Nov 20th, 2010, 11:40 AM
I refuse to ride with conservatives. :down:This statement is false.

Ghost
Sat Nov 20th, 2010, 08:28 PM

Good luck with that.

Cops are the ones with all the power and authority, and whether rightfully or not, they'll do whatever they want, whenever they want, to whomever they want and they'll get away with it.

Rights are an illusion, don't expect to actually have any.