PDA

View Full Version : Want to switch grips

Mother Goose
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 03:34 PM
Right now, I have the Driven D3 grips, but want to get rid of them. I love the feel and how thick they are compared to the stock ones. So my question is, those that have had the D3 and other grips, what would you recommend I get to have the same feel? Thanks.

gtn
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
If you like them so much, why do you want to get rid of them?

dublr214
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 05:11 PM
Renthal Mediums...13 bucks...I had the D3s and they are soft yet cramped my hands. ole reliable are Renthals. Function over pretty. my .02

MetaLord 9
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 05:58 PM

+1

I've always liked the look of the D3's, but I've heard mixed reviews from the long term users

Mother Goose
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 06:05 PM
The actual grip is wearing down pretty good, so I'm going to have to replace that part, so might as well change the whole thing out. I love the look of them, but it's too pretty for me now. Just want a change.

FZRguy
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 06:42 PM
I like my ProGrips for $12. Performance Cycle has a good selection.

Matty
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 08:27 PM
<~~~ Is not afraid to admit he hates his D3 grips, lol. Sorry to thread jack but if anyone wants mine, they're black/black, make me an offer.

As for comfy grips... check out the Pro Grip gel grips. Sold all over. Soft but not too soft. Stay away from the Pro Grip dual density ones.

FZRguy
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 08:48 PM
I like the gray Renthal grips too.....soft, med and hard compounds for around $9.

konichd
Wed Nov 24th, 2010, 09:01 AM
The D3 grips are nice but they are a soft compound. But its a trade off, you get something that offers comfort, control that needs replacing a little more often or you get something a little harder. Replacement grips for the D3's are right at $13 bucks so even if you have to replace them a little more often the price still is pretty good for the product you get.

Also gloves are now coming with Kevlar/Aramid stitching and different palm materials (thicker leather, Kangaroo, etc.) to make gloves stronger, guess what they wear on? The grips.

I do run the Driven Krayton grips on my bike (The D3 bling is a little much for my personal taste) and they have held up well but the compound material is definitely harder than the D3.

So if you like your D3 grips just replace the grip for what it would cost for a typical Renthal/Driven conventional grip.

http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww125/303cycle/IMG_0680.jpg

CaneZach
Wed Nov 24th, 2010, 11:13 AM
I ran the Driven gel grips on my GSXR racebike and I really liked them. I put about 10k miles on them with no complaints.

PunyJuney
Wed Nov 24th, 2010, 08:18 PM
KOSO, heated, toasty warm and thick like you like 'em