http://jalopnik.com/5688431/the-cars-tracks-of-gran-turismo-5

I'll be taking tomorrow off, so I'll be playing most of the day... PSN: WickRS

Airreed
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 04:32 PM
Did you sell COD: Black Ops yet?

Mother Goose
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 04:35 PM
Did you sell COD: Black Ops yet?
Yeah, sold it last night. Figured I suck at it, so I wouldn't be playing it once I had GT5 in my hands.

BTW, I have tomorrow off if you want to meet up to get the jersey.

fasterlaster
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 08:03 PM
I had given up on waiting for this damn game. You made my day!

jbnwc
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 08:06 PM
Yay! Finally!!!! Black Ops was a horrible disappointment.

ChrisCBX
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 08:17 PM
This is a game that I too must have. :)

A motorhead's dream selection of vehicles.

sag
Tue Nov 23rd, 2010, 09:14 PM
bought my ps tonight. cant wait. too bad the nice wheels are sooo expensive

Mother Goose
Wed Nov 24th, 2010, 08:27 AM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4124/5204476252_c422ef3d5e_z.jpg

:hump:

Sean
Wed Nov 24th, 2010, 08:30 AM
I predict Wicky's next post will be on Monday morning, when he's forced to go back to work. :lol:

Mother Goose
Wed Nov 24th, 2010, 08:41 AM
I predict Wicky's next post will be on Monday morning, when he's forced to go back to work. :lol:
I purposely took today off, and I have Monday off. ;)

ChrisCBX
Wed Nov 24th, 2010, 02:32 PM
I just got back in the house with mine. I'm not a huge video gamer but this is gonna be fun.

vort3xr6
Wed Nov 24th, 2010, 02:43 PM
updates?! How is it? Was it worth the 40 year wait?

Mother Goose
Wed Nov 24th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Definitely worth 35 years, maybe not 40. ;) The menus are easier than prologue, driving is fun, but to open up the Top Gear track, you have to go into special events and drive a slow ass VW bus around the track and try to beat the others. It's a little annoying. Other than that, I like it so far. :D

fasterlaster
Wed Nov 24th, 2010, 03:56 PM
but to open up the Top Gear track, you have to go into special events and drive a slow ass VW bus around the track and try to beat the others. It's a little annoying.:D

Sounds like a normal work commute for me.

Sleev
Thu Nov 25th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Is there a Morris marina or robin reliant?

Gonna buy a ps3 specifically for this tomorrow.

McVaaahhh
Sun Dec 12th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Big disappointment for me.

Graphics are superb! :up:

I haven't owned a GT since the first one on the ps1, but the gameplay has not changed much at all. It's really just a shiny version of the first one to me.

The rally racing is lame, whoever designed the control of that should be fired. Grab a copy of Dirt 2 and you'll laugh at the rally implementation in GT5.

NASCAR piece? Damn I hate playing that. The control is horrible and it just was no fun.

I still can't believe there is no damage engine. :down:

Overall I'd give it a 7.5/10. Definitely not worth $60.

I'm lining up for Dirt 3 though!

ChrisCBX
Sun Dec 12th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Big disappointment for me.

Graphics are superb! :up:

I haven't owned a GT since the first one on the ps1, but the gameplay has not changed much at all. It's really just a shiny version of the first one to me.

The rally racing is lame, whoever designed the control of that should be fired. Grab a copy of Dirt 2 and you'll laugh at the rally implementation in GT5.

NASCAR piece? Damn I hate playing that. The control is horrible and it just was no fun.

I still can't believe there is no damage engine. :down:

Overall I'd give it a 7.5/10. Definitely not worth $60.

I'm lining up for Dirt 3 though!

I agree on the rally racing. It was a disappointment for sure. It seemed sluggish.

Overall, I was impressed with the game. I use the GT wheel and pedals and liked their feel and adjustability. I liked the loose feel of the wheel when going over the top of some of the small hills (negative-g).

I would prefer more realism/simulation but it was still fun.

Ghettodsm
Mon Dec 13th, 2010, 01:31 PM
i like gt5, even with all it's quirkyness if you are any kind of slight car fan you will appreciate the game. I just reached level 20 and it is becoming a good challenge and a good bit of fun online as well.

Ricky
Mon Dec 13th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I haven't had a chance to play GT5 (because I decided not to buy it), but have heard the same thing from others about the rally racing. I have played Dirt 2 quite a bit, and it's a pretty intense racer, and fast moving.

sag
Mon Dec 13th, 2010, 06:13 PM
im super disappointed in the game. the cars look like complete ps2 garbage except for the 200 premium ones. the modding and tuning is very shallow. 10 degrees of camber is super realistic right? rally is crap compared to dirt. the load times are horrendous even after the 45 min install on the hard drive. the menu system is slow. there are a couple outrageous graphical glitches. the number of events pales in comparison to forza and there is no car classing so you dont race against equivalent cars unless you race a bone stock car like the AI.

and speaking of the AI, it makes you want to throw something through your tv. they drive 90% on a fixed rail and dont take yourself into account at all. they always rearend you or bump you and spin you out. the only thing that keeps me playing it is racing the fast cars is fun and intense. im level 23 and over 50% done with the game already. ive done all the special events that i can do and all of the big races that i can do and im out of money from buying cars and dont see much more time into this game just to grind the same races over and over for a little bit of money.

i think the actual driving in gt5 is more fun than forza 3 but forza is a much much better and complete game overall.