PDA

View Full Version : The Countdown...

Sarge
Thu Nov 25th, 2010, 10:55 AM
:)

Getting into that final stretch!

Mostly posting this because its Thanksgiving and I'm bored and alone.

On a side note, does anybody know anybody who is any good working with cutting into fairings? I need to cut some holes and maybe shave some edges to fit some frame sliders as soon as I get back.

Thanks.

-Sarge

Bueller
Thu Nov 25th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Put bike on stand(s), remove fairings, set up laser on tripod to point @ center of mounting point, install fairing and laser will point to center of hole. Tape over fairing w/ painters tape (to prevent chipping) and use a new hole saw to gently cut your hole.

Bueller
Thu Nov 25th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I have a laser level & tripod you can use but it is in Aurora

Depths_of_Mind
Thu Nov 25th, 2010, 12:04 PM
http://www.rg-racing.com/RGProducts/3dPreview.aspx?File=flash60_106.swf&dir=/Products/ProductFields/&Width=500&Height=340

should be of some assistance ;)

Sarge
Thu Nov 25th, 2010, 02:02 PM
I'm still in Iraq for a minute, but I appreciate it. Basically, I have absolutely no faith in my cutting abilities, nor do I have any tools. I'm one of those really technical type people who can put things together really well, but can't draw a straight line to save my life. I'd be more than willing to meet somebody somewhere, or host a location, and pay for somebody's time. But again, I still have a few minutes left over here, mostly just feeling.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Fri Nov 26th, 2010, 12:53 AM
I will be nice and not post my countdown. Lets just say I picked up our replacements last night. WOOHOO!!! But mine does have near naked women on it. :)

Depths_of_Mind
Fri Nov 26th, 2010, 06:26 AM
I'm still in Iraq for a minute, but I appreciate it. Basically, I have absolutely no faith in my cutting abilities, nor do I have any tools. I'm one of those really technical type people who can put things together really well, but can't draw a straight line to save my life. I'd be more than willing to meet somebody somewhere, or host a location, and pay for somebody's time. But again, I still have a few minutes left over here, mostly just feeling.

when you get back.. looke me up.. we can measure once and cut twice. erm.. I mean measure twice and cut once ... :D I can help ya, just look me up when ya get back.

Sarge
Fri Nov 26th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Awesome, thank you. Anyone have any recommendations for the best brand of sliders? From what I've found, the R&G's seem to be the best, and seem to be some of the only ones that come with stainless steel bolts. I prefer the look of the Rhinomoto ones, but I've seen those iron bolts leave some nasty frame rust when they get a little wet, and they're a little shorter.

P/N for the R&G's:

CP0108BL Rear R&G
CP0107BL Front R&G

Depths_of_Mind
Fri Nov 26th, 2010, 08:19 AM
If I were you... I'd look on the aprilla forums and see what they suggest. I know ALOT of folks suggest LSL's for their bikes, however for the Bimmer, they had an engineering mishap that caused the sliders to break, mostly, just by looking at them. I would see what other 'prilla owners are suggesting, IMHO.

Sarge
Sat Dec 25th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Happy Christmas to me! :(

Sarge
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 11:19 PM
I can almost smell it...

675Rider
Wed Feb 2nd, 2011, 05:51 AM
Ha ha, good tracker!

Reyven
Wed Feb 2nd, 2011, 06:57 AM
Yay!!! Hang in there. Not too much farther!

aerofaze
Wed Feb 2nd, 2011, 08:12 AM
Yes, SMELL IT. The time is nigh...

Sarge
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 07:59 AM
I'm BAAACK. :)

bornwildnfree
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 08:06 AM
WELCOME BACK!!!

Reyven
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 08:16 AM
:yay:

dirkterrell
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 08:56 AM
I can't imagine how good it must feel to be back. Enjoy it, man!

Dirk

TransNone13
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 08:58 AM
I'm BAAACK. :)

I'm so jealous...

Sean
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:14 AM
I'm BAAACK. :)Congrats man! Just in time for the nice weather to start! :up:

I'm so jealous...Hopefully it'll go by fast. Still plenty of time to go riding when you get back.

bulldog
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:37 AM
Welcome Back! :hibye:

Wow, the service is teaching some mad Excel skills nowadays :lol:

TransNone13
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:38 AM
Welcome Back! :hibye:

Wow, the service is teaching some mad Excel skills nowadays :lol:

You have no idea, I also teach Afghan brigade staff officers excel... incredibly frustrating.

bulldog
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:42 AM
You have no idea, I also teach Afghan brigade staff officers excel... incredibly frustrating. I could use one of your Excel spreadsheets to track days till my retirement....actually nevermind I would just cry everyday when I saw the pie chart showing maybe 5% done and 30 more years till I am free :puppy:

TransNone13
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:44 AM
Do you want me post it up?

bulldog
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:51 AM
Do you want me post it up? No I was kidding....it would seriously depress me to see how long I have till I retire :banghead: