PDA

View Full Version : RIP Leslie Nielsen you Funny S.O.B.

Matty
Sun Nov 28th, 2010, 08:36 PM
R.I.P. Leslie Nielsen.

http://m.tmz.com/home.ftl

asp_125
Sun Nov 28th, 2010, 08:38 PM
RIP to a funny guy. He will be missed, eh?

Ol'Skool
Sun Nov 28th, 2010, 10:01 PM
:puppy: RIP

Sarge
Sun Nov 28th, 2010, 10:04 PM
:scream2::cry::no:

RIP

drago52
Sun Nov 28th, 2010, 10:13 PM
RIP

Wrider
Sun Nov 28th, 2010, 10:53 PM
RIP...
I told two people about him, and neither had ever heard of him or his movies... WTF?

mtnairlover
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Sigh...I missed the SNL episode with him in it (c. '89), but I remember laughing til my tummy hurt watching Airplane.

He will be missed.

RIP

Sarge
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 06:01 AM
He will be missed.

Not to detract from the tragedy and all, it's hard to feel sorry for somebody so long-lived and sucessful.

Born in 1926, died in 2010, world renowned funny man and actor? At this point I'd be happy to live to 70, let alone 84, and could never dream of being half as successful in that time.

I'm in no means happy to see him go, and I'm also not saying it was his time, but he did have one hell of a run on life, and if anything his family should be proud.

RIP

fasterlaster
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 06:33 AM
He will be missed.

Not to detract from the tragedy and all, it's hard to feel sorry for somebody so long-lived and sucessful.

Born in 1926, died in 2010, world renowned funny man and actor? At this point I'd be happy to live to 70, let alone 84, and could never dream of being half as successful in that time.

I'm in no means happy to see him go, and I'm also not saying it was his time, but he did have one hell of a run on life, and if anything his family should be proud.

RIP

Surely you can't be serious!

Sarge
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Surely you can't be serious!

Now I can't tell if you're being serious... But I am.

I liken it to that Senator who died recently at 93. 93 years old, 50 years in a row as a U.S. Senator, working till the last minute just about, at that point is there anything left?

I mean, god damn, that's one hell of a run, who could feel sorry for that?I mean, the rest of us should be so lucky. That is absolutely something to be proud of, something to be remembered, not something to be saddened by.

50sGrl
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 06:40 AM
What Sarge said.

fasterlaster
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 07:14 AM

I liken it to that Senator who died recently at 93. 93 years old, 50 years in a row as a U.S. Senator, working till the last minute just about, at that point is there anything left?

I mean, god damn, that's one hell of a run, who could feel sorry for that?I mean, the rest of us should be so lucky. That is absolutely something to be proud of, something to be remembered, not something to be saddened by.

The proper response is.......
Yes I am serious, and quit calling me Shirley.
My favorite Leslie Nielson joke of all time.

Sarge
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Ahaha, ok, I'm an idiot. Walked right into that one. :lol:

fasterlaster
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Ahaha, ok, I'm an idiot. Walked right into that one. :lol:

I didn't want to give it completely away by staring off with "Shirley you can't be serious." but it really loses something when written down :up:

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 08:30 AM
damnit!! I was chomping at the bit to respond to Shirley but was too late :(

Sarge
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 08:49 AM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/3/30/128829149969615450.jpg

Wrider
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 09:31 AM

I think the point is that WE are the ones sad to see him go. I'm sure he was plenty fulfilled in his life, but we're gonna be the ones missing him and his humor.

Sarge
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 09:58 AM
I think the point is that WE are the ones sad to see him go. I'm sure he was plenty fulfilled in his life, but we're gonna be the ones missing him and his humor.

I'll give you that, but the day I live to 84, after having such an awesome career, I'm shaking St. Peter's hands at the gate and thanking him for giving me such a long and awesome life.

Granted, this would be an entirely different issue if he died in a car accident or plane wreck, but at the end of the day he ended up better than most of us will and I feel that we should congratulate him for that.

Again, RIP, he will be missed. :bow:

derekm
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 10:19 AM
nooooo :(

rip

CaneZach
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 03:28 PM
The first thing I thought of when I saw he had passed was the Shirley bit. RIP, funny man!

TurboGizzmo
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Geezzz with the FOG forum i would think someone would remember.......

http://www.annefrancis.net/images/movies/forbidden.jpg

am i really that old?? ;)

derekm
Mon Nov 29th, 2010, 05:39 PM
my fav was actually the skit in creepshow :)