PDA

View Full Version : Erico Motorsports

Ayato
Tue Nov 30th, 2010, 11:26 AM
New to the forums, thought i'd share my experience.

Just bought my most recent bike there, a new ducati monster 1100s. They didn't have the bike I wanted on the floor (But to be honest it was one of the very last of that color/disp in the country), but they worked hard to find it and were successful after little more than a week. Ron, the salesperson/bossman I dealt with was very knowledgable and courteous throughout the entire process. Another salesperson I talked to, Justin, really knew his stuff and was extremely helpful.

Overall the dealership is tailored to ducati, triumph, and scooters (imo) and they are just as willing to help you into any of the above. The gear shop isn't as large as something like Fay Meyers, but the staff knows their gear and they can order just about anything you would want. The same could be said for their parts department, I wanted about 3k in parts + exhaust and they were able to get everything I needed and very quickly.

thaitanic
Tue Nov 30th, 2010, 03:40 PM
so you spend around $40k for Ducati exprience. was it worth it?

brennahm
Tue Nov 30th, 2010, 04:31 PM
^Nice man. Nice.

Ayato, glad you're pleased with how you're treated. I haven't heard a lot of good things about Erico, but then they cater to a crowd much like yourself who are willing to pay for exactly what they want. I think you'll find most on this site belong to another group, those for whom cost is almost always a top factor.

Welcome, hope to see you on some rides!

salsashark
Tue Nov 30th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Well, I bought my Duc from Erico. Had a great purchase experience. No problems to report.

...and I didn't have to spend 40K to have any kind of experience. They had the bike I wanted for a better price than any other dealer, nuff said.

chronicboy
Tue Nov 30th, 2010, 05:49 PM
well, i have visited Erico's a couple of times to look around
i personally ride Jap bikes, so i'm really there just to look
1) i have been greeted by a smiling and friendly salesperson withen seconds of walking in the door
2)all 3 sales people and the boss i spoke to had not only indeph product knowedge, but track experience with nearly every bike in stock
(including the RSV4 that had only been in there shop for a week, needless to say they were all really stoked about it)
3) the place is sick!
not only are the bikes they sell high end euro beauty, but the way the place is laid out with the vintage bikes lining the walls-its like being in an art gallery

if i were buying a $20,000 bike and it cost $400-500 more to buy it there, i would likely go ahead and buy it there as i would feel confident with getting proper service after the sale

even when i told them i only afford cheap Japanese bikes, they were still nice to me

motorcycle people work at Erico's

spdu4ia
Thu Dec 2nd, 2010, 05:20 PM
I will be taking my Aprilia in to them soon for an update and some service. Glad to hear some good things about them. Fine example of you get what you pay for.

Ayato
Fri Dec 10th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Thanks Brennah, it was exactly that. I wanted a very specific ride and they were able to offer me exactly what I wanted with top notch customer service. It's possible that I paid a small premium for being treated better than at japbikefarms like Fay-Meyers (in my opinion of course) but to me it's worth every penny. I was looking for a new dealership that could take care of ALL of my needs as opposed to just some - and Erico fit the bill (for me).

The GECCO
Fri Dec 10th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Ayato,

Glad you had a good experience. I've known John (the owner) for many years and always thought he and his staff are first rate. NO business is without fault, but it seems when there is a problem at Erico there are a lot more "bandwagon" bashers, which is a shame. You simply can't be in the business as long as he has without doing it right the vast majority of the time.

TheStig
Fri Dec 10th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Ill chime in here as I bought my triple there. The whole experience was very smooth. The staff seems to enjoy working there vs. having to sell you a bike so they dont get fired. I dont know much about the service dept but the one time I used them, they set me up an apt and got me taken care of in a short period of time. They even told me all about the original owner of my bike and the history behind it.

Lomax
Sat Dec 11th, 2010, 02:54 PM
I have also purchased many bikes, Had bikes serviced, and have known John for many years. I have never had anything but a great experience with them. :yay:

Now if I could just get them to hire me I would be a happy camper. :eyebrows:

Marc

jbnwc
Sun Dec 12th, 2010, 12:01 PM
I just bought a used bike from Erico and I had a great experience. The bike was really well priced and everything was easy, smooth, and stress free. I never thought I would purchase from a dealer since their used inventory is usually so overpriced. I also worked with Justin, who I initially assumed was some sort of tech rather than a salesman until we actually started working numbers. He didn't treat me like the salespeople at the other dealers; I felt like I was just talking to a buddy about bikes. Two thumbs up from me.

Filo
Sun Dec 12th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Two thumbs up from me.

Yes, but two thumbs up where? And whose thumbs are they?

Ayato
Tue Dec 14th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Just had another good experience with these guys. Several of the parts I ordered when I bought the bike got lost in the white noise of the universe (somehow) but to make up for it they rushed the shipping on the order and covered the install cost.