PDA

View Full Version : KAWASAKI ER6N OR 650R INPUT NEEDED...

JohnGarc
Wed Dec 1st, 2010, 09:24 AM
I am wondering if anyone out there has any experience or feedback on this twin? Thinking of using it as my city commuter. Any drawbacks or negatives? Also hows the motor bulletproof?

asp_125
Wed Dec 1st, 2010, 09:46 AM
I've test ridden the 650R. For your intended use it's more than enough. It's a little less "hooligany" than the SV650N; by that meaning slightly softer pull off the line and less engine braking. The parallel twin has plenty of usable midrange for squirting through traffic. They get a bit buzzy hauling along the interstate, if that matters to you.

Wrider
Wed Dec 1st, 2010, 11:32 AM
I've ridden that motor for short distances, seems to respond well and be plenty powerful. Haven't heard of any particular problems with them except for a small number being oil eaters.

Pharmgirl
Wed Dec 1st, 2010, 11:41 AM
Very comfortable for commuting as the handlebars are more upright, lots of low end torque, also good for 2 up rides..... and I am looking to part with mine if you are looking for one...

JohnGarc
Thu Dec 2nd, 2010, 06:43 AM
Hey thanks guys for all of your input!!! I sat on one yesteday at steeles and it felt pretty good ergonomics and such. I think I will be in the market for one soon. It all depends on if my supermoto sells or not.

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu Dec 2nd, 2010, 10:52 AM
The 650R was my first bike and I love her enough that I don't think I'll ever get rid of her. I use her for commutes, fun jaunts and long distance hauls. I've also used her as my track bike. The plastics suck to take off and on... just ask TFog... I've broken damn close to every tab on them! lol

All of my bad incidents on motorcycles have been on that bike and she's survived every time and I swear they are indestructible! They are easy to control and I have no issues taking this bike on virtually any terrain. I take it over gravel/dirt roads all the time and just go have a blast. They are very "modify-able" as well, so if you have any problems with it, they shouldn't be a problem to fix.

spdu4ia
Thu Dec 2nd, 2010, 11:22 AM
We just got the ER6N couple of months ago and its a great bike for city commute. The wife rides it to work and just around. Super comfortable and has plenty of power. I would highly recommend it and it can be had for a great price right now. See sig for pics

King Nothing
Thu Dec 2nd, 2010, 12:59 PM
My ninja 650 has a tall suspension and is called a Versys. Her name is Ugly Betty.