PDA

View Full Version : 5th Annual Sleigh Riders Toy Run

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Dec 3rd, 2010, 09:18 AM
Merry Christmas

I rode this ride last year. Open to anyone and no pre registration required. Just show up at Centennial Park in Greeley with a toy (or more).

http://k99.com/OnAir/CharleyBarnes/CharleysMotorcyclePage/tabid/3956/Default.aspx

The 5th Annual "Sleigh Riders Motorcycle Toy Run" takes place Sunday December 19th this year. {Always the last Sunday before Xmas} Staging begins at 11AM at Centennial Park and the ride leaves at 12:30 this year. We will again be collecting toys for Santa Cops of Weld County. The 2010 route this year goes North on 23rd Ave from Centennial Park to 10th St; West on 10th St to 47th Ave; South on 47th Ave to 20th St; East on 20th St to 35th Ave; South on 35th Ave to Hwy 34; East on Hwy 34 to the 17th Ave exit and Cactus Canyon. {Think I got it right...}

500+ "Sleigh Riders -2010" patches; first come blah, blah, blah. This includes passengers ON BIKES plus 50 patches for each previous year back to 2006. {If there are more than 50 for those we will "draw" for them at NOON} we'll be giving away 200 t-shirts to giveaway as well and that's before the ride even starts!

Registration fee is 'at least' one brand new unwrapped toy and a big heart. {For each toy you give, you will get one raffle ticket for the prize drawings. One bag of small stuffed animals, etc = 1 ticket.}

The end party this year will be at Cactus Canyon starting at 1pm with live music from Denver's own Psycho X and lunch will be catered by Alberto's for $5. {Taco/Burrito bar}

More great prizes to giveaway again this year including gift cards from Greeley Harley Davidson, Signed Eagles Jersey and game tickets, Aspen Lodge, Aqua Bay Tans and much more.

CHECK THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE: www.srtoyrun.com

If you wold like to donate a raffle prize or have any questions please email charley@k99.com

Prizes include:

2 - Official Sleigh Rider Hoodie's

1 - Signed Eagles jersey and game tickets

1 - One night stay for 2 at Aspen Lodge in Estes

4 - $50 gift cards from Greeley Harley Davidson

2 - Harley Davidson fleece throws

2 - $50 gift cards to Aqua Bay Tans in Loveland

1 - $35 gift card from Jiffy Lube {oil change}

2 - $20 gift cards from Alberto's in Greeley

2 - $20 gift cards from Alberto's Express in Greeley

1 - Gift cards to Crazy Jacks, The Sport Station, Stone Ridge Grill,

Henry's, Windjammer, Applebees, Jerry D's, Derby Grill,Island Grill

and Rock Bottom

1 - Oil change from Two Guys Motorcycle Shop in Loveland

. . . If you wold like to donate a raffle prize email Charley@k99.com for more details . . .

Cap'n Crunch
Fri Dec 3rd, 2010, 09:48 AM
Cool, I might have to get in on this one also - if it's not snowing (or snow on the road).

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Dec 3rd, 2010, 09:53 AM
I know last year that the sport bike representation was poor. But everyone was good people and the ride's obviously for a good cause. I had the Shadow last year but will do the ride on the VFR or DR this year.

longrider
Sun Dec 5th, 2010, 08:29 PM
I'll be there as long as it isnt snowing. I had to miss todays ride due to work (annual inventory) :(

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Dec 14th, 2010, 10:31 AM
reminder bump

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Dec 17th, 2010, 09:00 PM
am still planning on participating in this

bumpity-bump

longrider
Sun Dec 19th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Enjoy the ride, too much came up for me today to be able to make it :(

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Dec 19th, 2010, 09:39 AM
will be there supporting the kids and representing the sport bikes. My parents don't accept presents and ask that we give their share to charity. I've got two Walmart bags of toys.

blue VFR with Givi trunk