PDA

View Full Version : TV recording favor

Sean
Tue Dec 7th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Does anyone have the ability to record from a TV channel (NBC) and convert it to a digital file (.mp4, .avi, etc). Maybe everybody can do this, I don't know, I can't. So there is a show being broadcast next week that I really want a copy of. Is that possible? Or can someone advise me on how to do it?

Prefer someone local-ish if possible (denver/broomfield/boulder). There will of course be some sort of compensation for your time.
Thanks!

Mother Goose
Tue Dec 7th, 2010, 08:18 AM
I have a V-Mate, but a co-worker has it. It will convert tv shows into a digital format. I recored some WSBK races and took them on my PSP for a trip one time. Works awesome.

bulldog
Tue Dec 7th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Your best bet is to see if you can find the show on a torrent site that someone posts. If it is a popular show, you should be able to find it on the internet somewhere. Xbox360, PS3 Network, etc also offer tv shows to download for a fee....

Sean
Tue Dec 7th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I have a V-Mate, but a co-worker has it. It will convert tv shows into a digital format. I recored some WSBK races and took them on my PSP for a trip one time. Works awesome.Any chance that you'll be getting it back by the 18th? :eyebrows:

Your best bet is to see if you can find the show on a torrent site that someone posts. If it is a popular show, you should be able to find it on the internet somewhere. Xbox360, PS3 Network, etc also offer tv shows to download for a fee....Yeah, if I couldn't find someone to give me a hand, I was going to search for torrents. But this is only on once a year and the company that owns the event watches it worse than DORNA. Plus, no PS3/xbox etc. Thanks for the tips.

TurboGizzmo
Tue Dec 7th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Show name?

Mother Goose
Tue Dec 7th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Martha Stewart.

Sean
Tue Dec 7th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Show name?
Ford Ironman World Championship on NBC, December 18, 4-6pm Eastern time

OR

the Care Bears Christmas Extravaganza!!!

bulldog
Tue Dec 7th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Yeah, if I couldn't find someone to give me a hand, I was going to search for torrents. But this is only on once a year and the company that owns the event watches it worse than DORNA. Plus, no PS3/xbox etc. Thanks for the tips.
Well the day after it airs send me a PM to remind me and I can search on torrents for you. It is hard for them to remove a torrent since there really is not one server it lies on, so if someone puts out the file it should be easy to get. Not sure, just depends how popular this Ford Ironman World Championship is.

TurboGizzmo
Tue Dec 7th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Ford Ironman World Championship on NBC, December 18, 4-6pm Eastern time

OR

the Care Bears Christmas Extravaganza!!!

Ping me too when the date gets closer and i will poke around

As for care bears all i see is: Care.Bears.Oopsy.Does.It.2007.DvDRip.XviD ;)

Sean
Tue Dec 7th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Well the day after it airs send me a PM to remind me and I can search on torrents for you. It is hard for them to remove a torrent since there really is not one server it lies on, so if someone puts out the file it should be easy to get. Not sure, just depends how popular this Ford Ironman World Championship is.

Ping me too when the date gets closer and i will poke aroundThanks guys, I will def hit you both up. I'm guessing it's not that popular, but you never know.

As for care bears all i see is: Care.Bears.Oopsy.Does.It.2007.DvDRip.XviD ;)Oopsy does it, is one of my favs! :lol:

Sean
Sat Dec 18th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Sending you a pm Turbo/Bulldog! :up: