PDA

View Full Version : We're Baaaaaaackk.....

TFOGGuys
Tue Dec 7th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Thank you Ralph, for getting the forum back up. Watch this space for new specials soon! :cheers:

DevilsTonic
Tue Dec 7th, 2010, 09:13 PM
...Looking forward to it. I have another new toy in the garage that will eventually need a good Dr.

Ricky
Wed Dec 8th, 2010, 12:16 PM
...Looking forward to it. I have another new toy in the garage that will eventually need a good Dr.

You have no faith in me, lol.

DevilsTonic
Wed Dec 8th, 2010, 01:27 PM
You have no faith in me, lol.I have plenty of faith in you. It's just not your job to fix my broken toys. It's my job and since I'm challenged it becomes Jim's job. :D

MetaLord 9
Fri Dec 10th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Hey Jimmeh, I might end up with a spare set of wheels for the Hurricane, so what would it cost me to get a set of studded tires for that beast? I've got some OLD tires i could probby get studded...but they're pretty old

TFOGGuys
Fri Dec 10th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Hey Jimmeh, I might end up with a spare set of wheels for the Hurricane, so what would it cost me to get a set of studded tires for that beast? I've got some OLD tires i could probby get studded...but they're pretty old

Studs are 9 cents each installed, but you need at least 10mm tread depth to install them properly. I recommend dual sport tires for this, probably Shinko 244s or similar (they have them in sizes to fit the Hurricane wheels).

MetaLord 9
Fri Dec 10th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Hmmm....I'm just say'n that since my options for winter commuting are the Ninja, which I can't flat foot, and the Mustang, which is equally bad in the snow, I might as well get some studded winter tires on the 'cane. Since I can flat foot that bouncy bitch, it might be a hooligan winter! What would a set of those all studded up run?

TFOGGuys
Fri Dec 10th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Hmmm....I'm just say'n that since my options for winter commuting are the Ninja, which I can't flat foot, and the Mustang, which is equally bad in the snow, I might as well get some studded winter tires on the 'cane. Since I can flat foot that bouncy bitch, it might be a hooligan winter! What would a set of those all studded up run?

Figure $31.99 for a front, $51.99 for a rear, about $50 for studs and installation, $25 for tubes (tube type tires, even though the rims are tubeless), and $12.99 each to mount and balance, off bike, for a total of about $203. Kind of depends on how aggressive we get with the stud pattern.

MetaLord 9
Fri Dec 10th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Gotcha...hmmm.....Lemme see if I end up with that spare set of rims and then maybe I'll be a snow hooligan :D

BC14
Mon Dec 13th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Any mesh jackets needing new homes?