PDA

View Full Version : MRA School/Open practice April 19th photos

japrules
Sun Apr 17th, 2005, 09:56 AM
One of the photographers gave me this address..

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery.asp?userid=mjcurtis&gallery_id=162479

Boy I look at the photos of myself and really know how horrible I am.. I thought I was doing well, but the photos say completely different.. almost embarrassing.. and I did well in the race.. started dead last, 25th and finished 4th..

Joe

P.S. See you guys @ the races..

Bueller
Sun Apr 17th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Congrats to all the grads :bananna: Good job and we will see ya on the grid :twisted:
:lol:

JOE!!!!!!
Sun Apr 17th, 2005, 03:20 PM
I know everyone has seen this written here before, but that class was the best $150 I have ever spent. Ever. I bought a track bike to take advantage of the experience, but I would have gladly done this on a street bike. As others did. I wasn't 100% sure I really wanted to race, but now I can't wait for May 1st at Pueblo. What a rush...

japrules, I will remember that move you put on me in turn 6.

Hey, you nonracers. come out and watch, OK?

japrules
Sun Apr 17th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Hey Green12... who are you? No name in your profile.. SInce I passed 21 bikes I can't remember one "move" from the next... anyway.. I used to road race cars for years.. so I may be old but I got some moves.. now I just need to learn how to put my goddamn head down and ride..

joe

I know everyone has seen this written here before, but that class was the best $150 I have ever spent. Ever. I bought a track bike to take advantage of the experience, but I would have gladly done this on a street bike. As others did. I wasn't 100% sure I really wanted to race, but now I can't wait for May 1st at Pueblo. What a rush...

japrules, I will remember that move you put on me in turn 6.

Hey, you nonracers. come out and watch, OK?

JOE!!!!!!
Sun Apr 17th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Joe, I'm Joe Turek. Black R6, yellow novice plates with the old numbers removed. Sat next to you at the classroom session. Maybe we should start a Team Joe. Get Joe Logalbo (jplracing) as a sponsor. Change Phillip's name to Joe Jr. We are Joe. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. The move I referred to was when you turned inside me in turn 6, actually on the first fake lap, I think. I went way wide and let you in. Nice. When we restarted, I remembered that and used it myself. Think I came in 9th? BTW, I'm a lot older than you, and I got some moves, too. Except I can't remember where I put them...

Joe

japrules
Mon Apr 18th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Hey Joe! How come that photo you posted says retouched? Did you move your ass off the seat ?! :lol:

I hope to be at the first race to spectate and burn some novice hours.. and then I am thinking PPIR All day friday and then race that weekend..

I'll be hitting SCR a few times before then.. probably thursday nights.. so mayve I'll see you there. Started to tear apart the bike... I droppe it AGAIN trying to take it off the stand.. I such a novice.. do need a spool stand though.. if the credit card can stand it I am going to but one this weekend probably a woodcraft from TK..

Yeah.. Team Joe... seriously.. we should try and team up, would make things easier.. I have a nice size tarp tent thing.. very sturdy but takes two guys to setup.. in the summer, when the sun is blazing it will be nice.. even though it takes like 20 minutes to setup and take down.

Later
Joe

BlueDevil
Mon Apr 18th, 2005, 06:37 AM
Great time out every one. Nice job on the race all.

Now that everyone is getting some time out there...... what are lap times starting to come in at?

Lel
Mon Apr 18th, 2005, 07:16 AM
I didnt get to ride saturday and improve my times from the last free practice (grrr clutch plates), but I was doing low 1:09's. Last I heard some fast experts were doing 1:06-7's on 600's, 1:03 - 4's on 1000's. And Turpin was doing 2's and 3's.

Jason

hcr25
Mon Apr 18th, 2005, 10:04 AM
The last session i did low 1:05's on an MRA transponder. I was one of a few who were testing them.I was on my new 750.It was the second time i have got to ride it other then when teaching,so i am very happy so far.
mike

japrules
Mon Apr 18th, 2005, 10:20 AM
I was watching you Mike.. you freaking flying.. decided not to go back out after the race and just watch instead... You were very fun to watch.. you got a V8 in that thing or what?? :lol:

I'm just learning all the names.. but I think we pitted next to eachother a few times at SCR?? Not sure... if its the right guy your shelter scratched up your truck one day..

Anyway... you available for instruction? ;)

Joe

The last session i did low 1:05's on an MRA transponder. I was one of a few who were testing them.I was on my new 750.It was the second time i have got to ride it other then when teaching,so i am very happy so far.
mike