PDA

View Full Version : UFC-124 - Hohum?

Captain Obvious
Fri Dec 10th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Okay, am I the only one who isn't all that into this UFC? I am digging the main card, and even the Danzig fight, but sort of ho-hum on the others from what I have seen on the match ups.

TUF-12? has convinced me that Kos either is a total knucklehead and jerk or at least plays one well on TV.

Guess I have Sat night free to do something and try to catch GSP vs Kos later.

bulldog
Fri Dec 10th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Not the best card, but I am curious to see the:

Struve vs Mccorkle (two fighters that are very tall 6'11" and 6'7")

Thiago Alves vs John Howard may be a good fight

Oliviera usually puts on a good fight and is still undefeated

And like you said the Danzig vs Stevenson

All I care is GSP wins because if not we will never hear the end of Koscheck's ego....

~Barn~
Fri Dec 10th, 2010, 03:08 PM
On paper, the Alves v. Howard fight looks like it's taylor-made for a KOOTN winner.

Obviously GSP and Josh has a lot of hype behind it.

Lots on the line for the fight for both Stevenson and Danzig. Both fighters coming off losses.

Hazelett is a Ju Jitsu witch, so if you want to see somebody submitted with something out of a video game, he's the guy...

I dunno... I guess I could go on and on, but this fight card is very intriguing to me. Plus, the fact they are going to stream some of the prelims online (for the 1st time), is awesome.

Then again, I'm not your typical "casual" fan. I love this stuff. :yes:

madvlad
Fri Dec 10th, 2010, 03:10 PM
I hope GSP wipes the floor with Koscheck cause he talks too much

Captain Obvious
Fri Dec 10th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Hazelett is a Ju Jitsu witch, so if you want to see somebody submitted with something out of a video game, he's the guy...

Okay, that is funny. And pretty cool to watch a real JJ master.

Then again, I'm not your typical "casual" fan. I love this stuff. :yes:

Yeah, I fall into the "just beyond a casual fan" category. I don't read up on most of the fighters, but I do record all the UFC fights on Spike etc and watch the reruns while I go to sleep. My wife doesn't get how I can do it, but.......
I can appreciate the smaller guys and the technique involved, but I still love watching the big guys throwing down. That is also one of the things I like about Mir. And I think I have caught up on most of the seasons of TUF, but didn't start until 3 years ago.

The streaming is cool, what is the URL in the even my "big night out" ends before 9PM.

~Barn~
Fri Dec 10th, 2010, 03:44 PM
http://www.ufc.com/live

McVaaahhh
Fri Dec 10th, 2010, 08:03 PM
I love watching GSP fight, and hate watching Koschek fight so I'm really looking forward to this one.

The undercard fights usually don't disappoint, most of the time they are relatively unknown fighters and have something to prove. Kinda like watching college football vs. NFL, most of the players have a little more on the line than the guys that have already "made it".

PsychoMike
Fri Dec 10th, 2010, 08:06 PM
I love watching GSP fight, and hate watching Koschek fight so I'm really looking forward to this one.

The undercard fights usually don't disappoint, most of the time they are relatively unknown fighters and have something to prove. Kinda like watching college football vs. NFL, most of the players have a little more on the line than the guys that have already "made it".

word.. its not dancing around like machida/rampage

Cars-R-Coffins
Fri Dec 10th, 2010, 10:33 PM
GSP over Kosh no problem.

lil_shane84
Sat Dec 11th, 2010, 04:03 PM
ho-hum or not ill be watchin every fight. i love this shit. I dont care if there is 8 fights and 16 big name fighters or 14 no name fighters and a main card. alot of the no namers fight just as hard if not harder then the big guys (example the last Rampage vs Dragon fight) these smaller guys have twice as much to prove as the guys that already have their name branded on every stupid affliction shirt out there.

EDIT: just read mcvaaaah's post, guess i coulda just quoted a +1

McVaaahhh
Sun Dec 12th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Some pretty good fights last night. :up:

Can anybody stop GSP? Entertainment value of the fight was not what I had hoped, but GSP is a very smart fighter and executed very well. I'd love to see a count of how many jabs Koscheck ate last night...

Sarge
Sun Dec 12th, 2010, 10:18 AM
First few fights were fun, tap-outs in the first rounds. The title fight was interesting. Only one of the 12 guys or so I work with was betting on Koscheck, and for a minute he was convinced he won the first round, we all just laughed at him. Overall, good fight, GSP was very technical and dominated point for point, always on the offensive.