PDA

View Full Version : 2011 ZX-10r sales HALTED

Connman
Sat Dec 11th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Kawasaki has ordered dealers to suspend sales of the much hyped 2011 ZX-10r due to what they are calling an "engine defect" due to a design flaw. They have not released any other details. It is unclear whether the units sold so far will be recalled for a fix or completely bought back from owners. Any units already on dealer floors will be picked up by Kawasaki. If the local Kawi dealers have not received this info yet, which is quite possible as this news is hot off the presses, they will soon.

More to come for sure! This could be a crushing blow for Team Green.

madvlad
Sat Dec 11th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Didn't see this coming....

Canuck
Sat Dec 11th, 2010, 04:37 PM
At least they have the ethical aptitude to do the recall before most units started to filtrate onto the streets/track. Unlike Honda, who claimed that there was nothing wrong with their Fireblade 1000's until enough people complained to get a warranty claim on their engines burning oil.

TinkerinWstuff
Sat Dec 11th, 2010, 05:14 PM
source?

guess I'll go consult the google machine myself

UglyDogRacing
Sat Dec 11th, 2010, 05:37 PM
source?

guess I'll go consult the google machine myself

http://www.zx-10r.net/store/temp/recall.png

brennahm
Sat Dec 11th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Whoa...

Connman
Sat Dec 11th, 2010, 06:22 PM
I work at a Kawasaki affiliated website. I can't reveal unnamed sources or I would get booted from the 'circle of trust!...

Wrider
Sat Dec 11th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Yeesh... Hope they can recover from this without too much delay/heartache.

chronicboy
Sun Dec 12th, 2010, 05:05 AM
must be the "big bang" motor
i was looking forward to the reviews
not a Kaw fan, but the poor company really doesnt need this
they are making a big push at world superbike
and, word is plans for moto gp
i hope they recover from this like Aprilla did with the recall of the RSV4's
if you like motorcycles, you should understand what the loss of a major manufacture would cause-less to choose from and higher prices on whats availible
not to mention the lack of competition and less overall #'s of bikes in the races

rybo
Sun Dec 12th, 2010, 06:43 AM
must be the "big bang" motor
i was looking forward to the reviews
not a Kaw fan, but the poor company really doesnt need this
they are making a big push at world superbike
and, word is plans for moto gp
i hope they recover from this like Aprilla did with the recall of the RSV4's
if you like motorcycles, you should understand what the loss of a major manufacture would cause-less to choose from and higher prices on whats availible
not to mention the lack of competition and less overall #'s of bikes in the races

Kawasaki isn't going anywhere because of a failure of one of their sportbikes. They make airplanes (heavy transport types), ships, trains (both locomotives and passenger cars), industrial robots, large gas turbines for power generation and so on. Kawasaki motorcycles, while important, is a very small part of their business.

I'm glad they're doing the right thing and getting the units off the street before someone is injured, that would be a far larger blow to them than a few weeks delay in delivering the new bikes.

s

Canuck
Sun Dec 12th, 2010, 10:46 AM
^+1
Word Scott.

Kawasaki Heavy Industries is a huge conglomerate and aren't going anywhere.

derekm
Sun Dec 12th, 2010, 12:10 PM
^+1
Word Scott.

Kawasaki Heavy Industries is a huge conglomerate and aren't going anywhere.
wtf? hahahahaha
http://cosportbikeclub.org/forums/signaturepics/sigpic681_7.gif