PDA

View Full Version : m12 x 1.00 bolt why are you so hard to find?

Survivalism
Sun Dec 12th, 2010, 10:39 AM
My new exhaust's o2 sensor plug fell out and i have been having a hell of a time finding a new one, the bolt size is m12 x 1.00 pitch, does anyone know where i could pick one up today?

A guy at ace hardware gave me some info for a store that specializes in metric bolts but of coarse they are closed sunday and id like to get some riding in today.

Any ideas?

Ive tried ace, lowes, home depot, and like auto zone so far.

rybo
Sun Dec 12th, 2010, 11:30 AM
probably going to be hard to find on a Sunday.

Fastenal will have you covered, however.

Sarge
Sun Dec 12th, 2010, 11:56 AM
2 words:

Duct Tape

:up:

TFOGGuys
Sun Dec 12th, 2010, 12:00 PM
No luck on a Sunday, but AAA Metric supply will have it tomorrow....

Depths_of_Mind
Sun Dec 12th, 2010, 12:56 PM
I've had good luck at Ace hardware for hard to find bolts'n nuts and stuff like that.

Survivalism
Sun Dec 12th, 2010, 01:29 PM
thanks guys, looks like ill be going to AAA metric tomorrow.

The_Jackel
Tue Dec 14th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Jap bikes have big bolts (12,14mm) and they have super fine thread which is super rare, more than likely no one will have those in stock. We always have to special order ours and still sometimes cant get the correct bolt.

If you cant find one let us know, we have a decent selection.

UglyDogRacing
Tue Dec 14th, 2010, 09:17 AM
http://www.aaametric.com/

MetaLord 9
Tue Dec 14th, 2010, 09:17 AM
A&A Trading Post has a pretty good variety, but you might find the right diameter & thread, but wrong length so you may end up getting a longer bolt than you need, screwing a washer on, cutting the bolt, and then backing off the washer to straighten out the threads

TFOGGuys
Tue Dec 14th, 2010, 09:32 AM
A&A Trading Post has a pretty good variety, but you might find the right diameter & thread, but wrong length so you may end up getting a longer bolt than you need, screwing a washer on, cutting the bolt, and then backing off the washer to straighten out the threads

I'm pretty sure A&A closed their doors several months back... :(

UglyDogRacing
Tue Dec 14th, 2010, 09:44 AM
I'm pretty sure A&A closed their doors several months back... :(

No they are still open. I was just there the other day.

MetaLord 9
Tue Dec 14th, 2010, 09:55 AM
I was gonna say, I was there in not all that long ago and they didn't look like they were on their way out

guessinthe2000
Tue Dec 14th, 2010, 10:16 AM
AAA Metric Thats where I found a bolt I couldn't find anywhere else in the state.