PDA

View Full Version : Maybe not warped now?

Quick636
Sun Apr 17th, 2005, 04:44 PM
So most of you have seen my previous post about my rotor(s) being warped. Well talking with some others they claim they probably aren't warped because I am not getting a "pulsing" through the brake lever.

So you tell me what you think. When I am on the brakes at high speed I get a pretty good shake in the front end. At low speeds it just feels like I have friction in certain spots on the rotors, and other spots I dont. So litterally it feels like I am applying brake and releasing in regular, quick intervals. But again, I feel nothing through the lever, just in the amount of braking force.

To me this sounds like warped rotors, but the couple people I talked to said they just need to be bead blasted.

Canuck
Sun Apr 17th, 2005, 05:23 PM
but the couple people I talked to said they just need to be bead blasted.

:yes:
Or clean the 'glaze' with a water and like "light grit" sandpaper.

I suggest going to TK and have Brian or Bart clean them real fast. Bart has a home made metal brush attachment for his drill, which he can do a decent 'once over'. Then see if that helps a bit afterwards.

Bertha
Sun Apr 17th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Clean your rotors and change out your pads... I had the same problem but just needed to change out my pads.

Quick636
Sun Apr 17th, 2005, 07:12 PM
just put pads in it... I scuffed the rotors pretty good when I put everything back together.

I am almost positive now I have ONE warped rotor. How that one side warped I have no idea, but looks like its time to hit EBay :evil:

Mista Black
Sun Apr 17th, 2005, 07:38 PM
if you're moving pretty good (50mph or so) and very lightly pull in the front back you should feel it pulsing a little bit in the lever. the key is being very very light on the break lever. if it's not pulsing at all (unless you are not sensitive in your fingers AT ALL) they aren't warped.

Anonymous
Sun Apr 17th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Have a front stand? You can tell real quick if they're warped if you can get the front end off the ground. Just need a sharpie and a couple tugs on the wheel.

Quick636
Sun Apr 17th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Have a front stand? You can tell real quick if they're warped if you can get the front end off the ground. Just need a sharpie and a couple tugs on the wheel.

Yeah... I rigged up something earlier to check it out. One warped, one perfectly straight.

My auction ends in 20 minutes... :lol:

Quick636
Sun Apr 17th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Woo f-in hooo!!!

I just won two straight rotors off ebay for 46 bucks plus shipping :D

Another week or so and I'm back in business! Thanks for the advice all