PDA

View Full Version : Need some help scoring inlaw brownie points!

merlin
Mon Dec 20th, 2010, 04:09 AM
Anyone have a really good quality photo scanner/printer I can use for about half an hour?

My Mother in Law is trying to get copies made of some of HER in-law's wedding photos from 'way back in the day, and apparently no one wants to reproduce them because they are old studio photos. The studio that they got the photos from is long since gone, so she can't order copies from them (or so she tells me). So - if I can get some copies made for her, I score heap big brownie points. This would be a good thing, for a variety of reasons.

Anyone have this kind of equipment I can borrow or even rent cheap some evening this week? I'd be eternally grateful.

Merlyn

Sarge
Mon Dec 20th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Try this:
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37215&highlight=scanner

Sparker
Mon Dec 20th, 2010, 07:07 AM
check with some quality photo places like Wolf camera or something of that sort. If all else fails the ones at walgreens can turn out decent pics

merlin
Mon Dec 20th, 2010, 08:28 AM
check with some quality photo places like Wolf camera or something of that sort. If all else fails the ones at walgreens can turn out decent pics

I am going to try those places. According to her, WalMart refused to copy the photos because they are old studio prints. Unfortunately she can't get copies from the studio because it no longer exists.

I am going to try myself, but if that doesn't work, I was hoping someone here had a good photo printer I could print copies with.

Merlyn

asp_125
Mon Dec 20th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Color copier at the library or at work? Some of those are pretty good nowadays. :dunno:

Raptor
Mon Dec 20th, 2010, 11:26 AM
These guys here:
http://www.apageisturned.com/
can reproduce old photographs. My wife had a torn photograph of her and her father that was about 30 years old. They were able to reproduce a new, mended print on high quality stock for a reasonable price. The new print was flawless, no signs whatsoever of any damage, and kept the integrity and style of the original photograph. They do great work. Maybe worth checking out.

Good luck!