PDA

View Full Version : MRA Race #1 (Pueblo)

Anonymous
Mon Apr 18th, 2005, 04:02 PM
This topic will populate the calendar with details of the event.

What: MRA Race #1
Where: Pueblo Motorsports Park (track info & directions) (http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=where)
When: Saturday April 30th, Sunday May 1st

Weekend Schedule (breakdown of practices & races) (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14766)

Lurch
Tue Apr 19th, 2005, 07:51 PM
So what shall we do???

BBQ Saturday anyone?????

Lurch

Bertha
Tue Apr 19th, 2005, 07:57 PM
ooo ooo yeah!

Dysco
Tue Apr 19th, 2005, 08:38 PM
I could be talked into bringing some brats if I can remember after my vacation to Seattle.

Anyone going to be there Friday? If I can get some interest, I could be talked into bringing a salmon back for apple-smoking...

Devil954
Tue Apr 19th, 2005, 08:49 PM
I am down for a BBQ on sat. what should I bring ???

Lel
Tue Apr 19th, 2005, 09:39 PM
I am game for a BBQ! I can bring some brats and buns unless someones bringing.

lel

friscokidd
Wed Apr 20th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Im down for a BBQ! I'll bring some burgers or dogs. I will be down there Friday around 4-6ish so i can set up and get everything set up and shit. So ON WITH THE BBQ!!! :D

jontflesh
Wed Apr 20th, 2005, 01:28 PM
If I can afford to run I will be going down there Friday am for track time too :D

My buddy was thinking of going down with me and we were thinkin of possible poker on friday or saturday night too depending ,in the Skinny condo lol

Lurch
Wed Apr 20th, 2005, 05:35 PM
I will bring the BBQ/Smoker so bring your favorite meat and lets burn some flesh.

BBQ Update: I was having a hell of a time getting the Q to turn. It had 1 1/2" casters stock. So I just got done upgrading to some nice Harbor Freight 3" casters. Baby has some new rubber.

It must be getting close to race season I'm jazzed the Q has new tires.

Lurch

Anonymous
Wed Apr 20th, 2005, 05:54 PM
"I'm so fast, even my BBQ is sponsored..." :lol:

Lurch, which days are you cooking? I was going to get it on for the crews, just burgers/brats and stuff. However half my crew appears to be eating at your pit anyway. Feel like coordinating efforts? I'll still bring the "new Q" down since it'll be a lot to fit on one...

Lurch
Wed Apr 20th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Saturday for sure.

Not sure about Friday because I don't know when I will get there.

Lurch

Anonymous
Thu Apr 21st, 2005, 02:35 PM
I could be talked into bringing some brats if I can remember after my vacation to Seattle.
I think I'm going to leave the brats at home. Oh, you're talking about food! :lol:

:idea: Hmm, maybe some chorizo sausage :yumyum:

Lurch
Thu Apr 21st, 2005, 05:19 PM
[:idea: Hmm, maybe some chorizo sausage :yumyum:

Bob I just found a place in WrastleCock called Colorado Sausage Co. I will try and get by and pick up some kibble. They have like 25 different kinds of sausage.

Lurch

Devil954
Thu Apr 21st, 2005, 06:40 PM
Lurch I will pitch in on that if you want .

friscokidd
Fri Apr 22nd, 2005, 01:56 PM

I think he said he wanted a new pair of Mich. slicks. :dunno: and to leave them at the team skinny pits :up: But thats what he just told me ;)

Anonymous
Fri Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:40 PM
Bob I just found a place in WrastleCock called Colorado Sausage Co. I will try and get by and pick up some kibble. They have like 25 different kinds of sausage.

Lurch
Awesome! Let me know if you pick up some chorizo & I'll throw some dough your way, otherwise, I'll pick some up myself. 8)

Bertha
Fri Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:35 PM
Dougie just let me know.. since I'll be buy you and da ray 2 da ray ray's pits.

Devil954
Fri Apr 22nd, 2005, 08:39 PM

I think he said he wanted a new pair of Mich. slicks. :dunno: and to leave them at the team skinny pits :up: But thats what he just told me ;)
If team skinny wants to make some side bets for tires Im down :lol:

friscokidd
Sat Apr 23rd, 2005, 09:56 AM
If team skinny wants to make some side bets for tires Im down :lol:

BET!! I bet you a new set of rubber that in NGTO, you will beat me. Wanna take THAT bet :lol:

Anonymous
Sat Apr 23rd, 2005, 09:58 AM
Hey Ed, if you want I can make Alan crash just to ensure you win those tires. :lol:

(oops, how'd that oil go flying out there!)

friscokidd
Sat Apr 23rd, 2005, 10:09 AM
Hey Ed, if you want I can make Alan crash just to ensure you win those tires. :lol:

(oops, how'd that oil go flying out there!)

:wtf: you would do that to your own teammate? And to think i was going to do that on 2 different races so you could have a set too.....sheeesh :lol:

Devil954
Sat Apr 23rd, 2005, 10:13 PM
is there already a mutiny with the skinny's :lol:

Bueller
Sat Apr 23rd, 2005, 10:25 PM
I had heard that they eat their young :lol:

Lurch
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Ok I went by the Colorado Sausage Co in Castlerock and will be picking up 4 packs of brats,choirzo,????, and ????. If I get down there early enough Friday we can have them then or just wait till Saturday. If you want to bring something to smoke(on the grill Hoopty) I will be doing some smoking for Saturday night for sure.

Lurch

Hoopty
Tue Apr 26th, 2005, 10:37 AM
I'm not getting on that grill! :shock:

Bueller
Tue Apr 26th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Just stick your head in there and take a big hit!

Dysco
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 07:14 PM
The fishie has been spoken for. I'll be mooching, naturally.

japrules
Fri Apr 29th, 2005, 06:34 AM
Umm weather forcast is currently 48 and rain... this is a bit too cold for this old guy.. can I still bail on this race? Anybody else getting chilly just thinking about this?

Bueller
Fri Apr 29th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Is anyone still doing practice today? :|

[web:30ab978441]http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapClick.php?CityName=Pueblo+West&state=CO&site=PUB[/web:30ab978441]

NineTwoFour
Fri Apr 29th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Well, seeing as how I am on here posting... instead of driving down to Pueblo. :lol:

I already reserved a room, so I'll pack up and head down this afternoon and take my time getting down there. Today looks like a total write-off, but tomorrow looks promising.

Unfortunately, weather.com has Sunday looking a lot like today. :x Of course, this is EXACTLY what happened last year for the first race... and it ended up being PERFECT out the whole weekend.

MSienkiewicz
Fri Apr 29th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Let's keep our fingers crossed. I've come this far and I'm not turning back! Hmmm.. perhaps there will be an opportunity for some points. ;)

Hoopty
Fri Apr 29th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Dean was in Fountain as of 10AM, have not talked to him since though. Call him if you want to see what it's like down there. :siesta:

japrules
Fri Apr 29th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Anybody know if there is a motel that takes dogs? I was going to camp but its too cold..

joe

Hoopty
Fri Apr 29th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Dean brought his dog down, I'm pretty sure he had to pay an extra fee for it though. Anyone know where they are planning to stay? Wingate maybe? :dunno:

japrules
Fri Apr 29th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Nope, called. :|

Dean brought his dog down, I'm pretty sure he had to pay an extra fee for it though. Anyone know where they are planning to stay? Wingate maybe? :dunno:

UglyDogRacing
Fri Apr 29th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Anybody know if there is a motel that takes dogs? I was going to camp but its too cold..

joe

Super 8 does. 719-545-4104

Hoopty
Fri Apr 29th, 2005, 02:11 PM
I just talked to Dean, they're at the Hampton Inn. :siesta: I guess nobody is riding, just drinking. :lol:

AshliRider44
Fri Apr 29th, 2005, 02:18 PM
The Hampton Inn takes dogs but its an extra $65 fee :shock:

Hoopty
Fri Apr 29th, 2005, 02:22 PM
:shock: No wonder why the MRA uses the Wingate. :lol:

Anonymous
Fri Apr 29th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Practice cancelled today due to snow most of the morning (don't worry, no accumulation - just wet) and it being quite cold.

Saturday and Sunday are still on and have a chance of rain, however should be a lot better than today.

japrules
Fri Apr 29th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Unless the weather forcast changes drastically I am going to puss out on this one.. just not in the mood for this shit as weather.. plus I am not up for a wet race for my first time at pueblo...

Devil954
Fri Apr 29th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Oh c'mon mount your studded slicks and come down :lol: actually its supposed to be mixed sun and clouds and in the 60's tomorrow , shouldnt be to bad hopefully . You dont want to go to PPIR with no points . You will end up having to do heat races to qualify .

Bertha
Fri Apr 29th, 2005, 07:52 PM
I'm sitting out this race... Weather is looking too shitty and just not worth the chance of crashing due to cold wet track, I'll take my chances on the heat races :(

Bertha
Fri Apr 29th, 2005, 07:53 PM
But I will be down there Sat and Sunday :)

Hoopty
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 11:30 AM
Pussies, all of you! :321: :lol:

Anonymous
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 12:30 PM
Pussies, all of you! :321: :lol:
:wtf: I didn't see you standing by the fence as part of the group who voted Yes to race! :321: :lol: