PDA

View Full Version : How NOT to mod your exhaust

Mother Goose
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 02:30 PM
:wtf:

http://www.ninja250forum.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=3395.0

salsashark
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 02:44 PM
It's his audition for the new Junkyard Wars?

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 02:45 PM
am speechless.

he's the reason some places around the world have vehicle safety inspections

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 02:48 PM
why did it take until post #5 for someone to be honest? And the administrators were like "welcome to the forum" and "added to the knowledge base"

asp_125
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 02:55 PM
Ghetto-fabulous!

Skippi might just be whats-his-face's relative.. the guy who cut thru his frame to make his airbox work better?

{edit}
Oh yeah.. ShervinRRR (The Shervinator) on the Kawiforums. What's with these Kawi guys?

bulldog
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 02:55 PM
I am glad that dog bit him; was probably pissed for going half blind for that guy welding next to him. Stupid people!!!!

All he probably needed to do was open up that can and put new baffling in it :down:

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 02:57 PM
Ghetto-fabulous!

Skippi might just be whats-his-face's relative.. the guy who cut thru his frame to make his airbox work better?

it's SkippII - get it right

(post4)

fasterlaster
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 03:05 PM
My first thought is it's a joke, but then a voice in my head suggests...."you just can't make stupid shit like this up"

Sully
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 03:05 PM
OMG, that's exhausting! ;)

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 03:28 PM
my submission in the WTF were you thinking bike mod threads

http://vfrworld.com/forums/general-vfr-discussions/27270-hitch-design-pictures.html

Bashed
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 03:49 PM
You people are being way to critical. You want to see some getto engineering, go to Sturgis for bike week. Some things should never leave the privacy of a house.

(( LO LO ))
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 04:54 PM
I love how that guy was welding over that shelf full of chemicals, and possibly flammable materials. LOL!

brennahm
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 05:28 PM
Proof that just because you can buy tools, does NOT mean you know how to use them.

Added to the knowledge base...BHAHAHAHAHA!

Bueller
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 09:23 PM
Not on that board but the baby ninja boards are all really civil, not a lot of flaming since most are new to motorcycling. Everyone is usually nurturing and supportive. That mod is on the other boards too.
I haven't seen this until now but yea most of these guys are 17-19 year olds. Just learning how to work on their first bike.

The GECCO
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 09:51 PM
Wow...I just......wow....

Wrider
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 10:59 PM
IIRC that guy with the trike Repsol is like 500 lbs, so he did that to still be able to ride without murdering any possible suspension/tires on the bike.

Sarge
Thu Dec 23rd, 2010, 12:10 AM
The differing opinions about this mod are hilarious, to say the least.

Sure, what a SHITTY job this turned out to be, but it was definitely one of the most comprehensive mod-threads I have ever seen, with a ton of pictures and a lot of detail. While that guy trashed his bike, at least he was motivated and took pictures. He seems to think it was the coolest thing ever, and while I disagree, I still think the whole thing was priceless. :lol:

Sarge
Thu Dec 23rd, 2010, 12:12 AM
This quote about sums it up:

What amazes me is that his grammar, spelling etc. is better than most people use on the internet... he really doesn't SOUND retarded, and yet he still does the things he does.

Awesome.
http://pnwriders.com/general-discussion/142852-how-not-mod-your-exhaust-system.html

Sarge
Thu Dec 23rd, 2010, 12:17 AM
http://www.brad-richardson.com/assets/funny/exhaust-fail.jpg

Cap'n Crunch
Thu Dec 23rd, 2010, 08:38 AM
Good on him for trying something different... Any bonehead can go down to the store and buy a new Yoshi and bolt it up to their bike. Some of the people on that thread were ripping on his welding and brazing skills - well no shit... he said that this was his first attempt at welding. His first 100 welds are going to be garbage. It takes a lot of practice to run a decent weld and you've got to start somewhere. At least he was trying on an old POS bike. I'm glad I never posted pictures of my first attempt to weld up a rear stand for my bike a couple of years ago... It would've made this guy look like a master metal worker. :)

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Dec 23rd, 2010, 08:48 AM
Most of my welds still require grinding to make them pretty. Sooner or later I'll upgrade from the stick welder I use.

his exhaust reminds me of shit I used to do on old '70s Skidoo snowmobiles bought for $200 when I was a kid. I just wouldn't have thought to post pictures of the mess. Kind of like posting pics if your ugly naked girlfriend.

TFOGGuys
Thu Dec 23rd, 2010, 09:03 AM
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.....

OUTLAWD
Thu Dec 23rd, 2010, 09:09 AM
makes me feel better about my yosh 2-1 for my ninjette...

honestly though, he started with good intentions, just didn't have the tools/ability to execute them in a professional manner. the experience he gained from this will hopefully make his next project better, and when he finally stops molesting that poor bike, he will know it inside and out, and be better for it. Some people learn by posting on forums, some learn by doing, and some could care less and just never learn. I would much rather have some poorly thought out projects than be scared of working on my bike

Cap'n Crunch
Thu Dec 23rd, 2010, 07:19 PM
... Kind of like posting pics if your ugly naked girlfriend.

Good idea... I'll start
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx302/RC5104/Ellie035.jpg

vort3xr6
Mon Dec 27th, 2010, 10:28 AM
^^^^ lol that thread was so epic.

salsashark
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 01:42 PM
The continuing adventures of Skippii!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgUFP-kiXqw

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 03:53 PM
I heard Kawasaki offered to buy his bike back and buy him a bike from any other Japanese manufacturer.

brennahm
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 04:21 PM
I just really feel bad for those bikes. It's like a pet in an abusive home.

Bueller
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I like the guy.......he is odd.

FZRguy
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 06:35 PM
So his fab skills are lacking. However, if you dropped this dude in the middle of the Rain Forest, naked with only a knife, he'd probably survive. :lol:

brennahm
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 07:35 PM
No, he'd probably build a bow and arrow that shoots the archer.

He's only still alive because he hasn't touched any critical parts on the bike and because modern bikes are so good it will take him some time to destroy all the legitimate engineering on the bike. I give him 6 months.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Jan 4th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Waht a fucking retard. Why not just mod the baffles on the stock exhaust?

What was the name of that other Kawi-modifying dipshit? Reazid or something?

Think
Tue Jan 4th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Clueless engineering aside, someone needs to take that dog away from him. He probably damn near blinded the dog and the shower of sparks probably didn't help a lot either.