PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Cyclist Disintegrates Yami

sprtbkbabe
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 05:06 PM
Motorcyclist, 19, fighting for life after his bike 'disintegrated' as he crashed into traffic light doing 157mph in a 45mph zone

By Daily Mail Reporter (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=y&authornamef=Daily+Mail+Reporter)
Last updated at 4:43 PM on 22nd December 2010

Comments (8) (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340816/Motorcyclist-19-fighting-life-crashing-traffic-light-pole-doing-157mph-45mph-zone.html#comments)
Add to My Stories (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340816/Motorcyclist-19-fighting-life-crashing-traffic-light-pole-doing-157mph-45mph-zone.html)

A teenager is fighting for his life after losing control of his motorbike and crashing into a traffic light while speeding at 157mph.

Noe Colazo was clocked by police in a 45mph zone in the San Tan Valley area, Arizona, at 2am.
The 19-year-old, from Tempe, was flung 104ft on impact. He was airlifted to the nearby Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center in a critical condition.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/12/22/article-1340816-0C8FDA2C000005DC-125_468x383.jpg Speeding: The 19-year-old Noe Colazo was clocked going over three times more than the speed limit when he crashed

Tim Gaffney, a Sheriff's Office spokesman, said yesterday that the deputy didn't have time to initiate a pursuit as the motorcyclist was quickly out of sight.

By the time the deputy caught up with him, the motorcycle had crashed into a traffic light pole about four miles away.
Crash investigators say Mr Colazo lost control of the motorcycle, a 2004 Yamaha YFR, at a gradual turn in the roadway.
The bike had virtually 'disintegrated', officers said.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/12/22/article-1340816-0C8FE15F000005DC-674_468x316.jpg Wreckage: Mr Colazo was flung 104ft through the air upon impact and the motorbike was a total wire off

The motorcycle travelled nearly 350ft through the dirt shoulder before colliding with the concrete base of a traffic light, launching the motorcycle 18ft into a nearby power pole, the sheriff's statement said.
The Sheriff's Office said Mr Colazo was driving without a license - it had previously been revoked.

If he lives he faces charges of aggravated DUI (driving under the influence of drink or drugs), reckless driving and criminal speed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340816/Motorcyclist-19-fighting-life-crashing-traffic-light-pole-doing-157mph-45mph-zone.html#ixzz18tP0mRg7

brennahm
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 05:12 PM
Chlorine for the gene pool. Merry Christmas.

RCStylin'
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 07:38 PM
Good thing he didn't kill anyone else. +1 for Darwin.

#1Townie
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 08:01 PM
he may have been drunk doing 157 mph but you two are by far the perfect examples of scum of the human race.

merry christmas.

CaneZach
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 08:55 PM
he may have been drunk doing 157 mph but you two are by far the perfect examples of scum of the human race.

merry christmas.

Why's that, Townie? The kid wasn't just being incredibly reckless, he was being insanely stupid, and sometimes being stupid hurts. If he was doing 150 in a Camaro down Academy in the Springs or Colfax in Denver, blowing red lights while running from the cops and plows into a brick wall, everyone on here would be thankful he only hurt or killed himself. As far as I see it, this is no different. I have no sympathy for people who get hurt because they do something so dumb that their injury is all but inevitable.

#1Townie
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 09:05 PM
Why's that, Townie? The kid wasn't just being incredibly reckless, he was being insanely stupid, and sometimes being stupid hurts. If he was doing 150 in a Camaro down Academy in the Springs or Colfax in Denver, blowing red lights while running from the cops and plows into a brick wall, everyone on here would be thankful he only hurt or killed himself. As far as I see it, this is no different. I have no sympathy for people who get hurt because they do something so dumb that their injury is all but inevitable.
you mean like ride a motorcycle? lets face it i dont give a fuck how carefull we all pretend to be riding a motorcycle increases our chance at death ten fold.

i think every person should get a chance to learn from mistakes. it hurts to see another rider go down. doesnt matter on the track or on the street. i dont care what they were up to. i fucking dont. they were A still another human and B a rider. we are all part of the darwin theory. ALL OF US!

i hope the kid pulls through. i hope he gets a chance to learn from his mistakes. not pay with his life.

FZRguy
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 09:24 PM
Damn shame but no sympathy here.

The GECCO
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 09:34 PM
Townie, while I totally see your point and don't 100% disagree with you, I notice that you keep referring to his mistake. To me, a mistake is something that is unintended or results from being uninformed. It's generally something that is unintentional, and when it is intentional it's a result of a reasonable assumption that turned out to be wrong. Not knowing what the speed limit is on a certain road and assuming it's 45 when it's actually 35 is a mistake. Thinking you can jump off a first floor roof without injury is a mistake, but thinking you can jump off the Golden Gate Bridge without injury is NOT a mistake, it's stupidity.

The general act of choosing to ride a motorcycle may expose us to additional risk of injury or death, but if you ride within the laws the additional risk is minimal and it's virtually the same for everyone. However, riding outside the laws is a different story. There's an enormous difference in the amount of risk associated with commuting to work versus going 150+ on a city street, at night, while under the influence.

Going 150+ on a city street is not a mistake. Drinking/drugging and riding is not a mistake. These are intentional acts and you can't tell me he reasonably thought it was OK. I'm not going to say that I hope he dies, but whatever the result is I'm not obligated to feel sympathy because he only has himself to blame.

CaneZach
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 09:34 PM
you mean like ride a motorcycle? lets face it i dont give a fuck how carefull we all pretend to be riding a motorcycle increases our chance at death ten fold.

i think every person should get a chance to learn from mistakes. it hurts to see another rider go down. doesnt matter on the track or on the street. i dont care what they were up to. i fucking dont. they were A still another human and B a rider. we are all part of the darwin theory. ALL OF US!

i hope the kid pulls through. i hope he gets a chance to learn from his mistakes. not pay with his life.

No, not like just riding a motorcycle. Sure, riding is inherently dangerous, but I'll make an analogy that may sound cliché: Skydiving increases your chances of dying in a crash by 99.9%. What this kid did was the equivalent of skydiving after knowing his parachute was torn in half. When we go riding, the results of our actions determine our results. This kid's actions guaranteed himself a trip to the hospital, possibly the morgue.

I do find your caring for another human being and rider to be refreshing and admirable. I admit to being VERY jaded, so I don't share your sentiment. Don't take my post as knocking you either. Though I disagree with you, I don't mind discussing the differences in our views.

#1Townie
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 10:10 PM
im not asking any one to like what he did. i just have no respect to wishing he died. thats all. that is what those first to posts say. and even to put merry christmas in it. fuck that. thats fucking bullshit. if this kid had rapped and killed a bunch of people then cool. but all he did was speed while dui. he didnt hurt any one.

and really dont start with the he could have bullshit. i mean really dont.

guessinthe2000
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 10:31 PM
I agree with townie. No one deserves to die

fasterlaster
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 10:57 PM
Everyone deserves to die. It's called life, and it ends with death. There are those with short lives and those with long lives.

Think
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 11:09 PM
im not asking any one to like what he did. i just have no respect to wishing he died. thats all. that is what those first to posts say. and even to put merry christmas in it. fuck that. thats fucking bullshit. if this kid had rapped and killed a bunch of people then cool. but all he did was speed while dui. he didnt hurt any one.

and really dont start with the he could have bullshit. i mean really dont.
Well, he could have. A motorcycle going 150+ mph into another vehicle or pedestrian could easily hurt or kill someone else. Now I'm not saying I've never done anything stupid on a bike, but I've never drank and rode and I've never gone 150+ on city streets, much less the canyons or more rural areas.

This kid was an idiot douche, but I hope he pulls through. Odds are if he does pull through he will have some serious lasting injuries.

guessinthe2000
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 11:21 PM
Everyone deserves to die. It's called life, and it ends with death. There are those with short lives and those with long lives.

You mean everyone is going to die? I know that. But deserving to die is not cool in my book

vort3xr6
Wed Dec 22nd, 2010, 11:26 PM
I used to do the same stupid shit and I am very lucky to be alive. Although I don't wish death on anybody, sounds like he was asking for it.

mathman1000
Thu Dec 23rd, 2010, 07:43 AM
Glad he didn't kill anyone else. He got the first place Darwin award.

Sarge
Thu Dec 23rd, 2010, 08:05 AM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/jkn0176l.jpg

sprtbkbabe
Thu Dec 23rd, 2010, 09:48 AM
One thing may be certain...he was wearing gear. Otherwise he would have been DOA. Gear FTMFW!!!!! Discuss...

Ricky
Thu Dec 23rd, 2010, 11:36 AM
Natural selection... Sometimes I wonder why we spend so much money to keep these people alive. Next we'll be paying for him to be in prison.

TFOGGuys
Thu Dec 23rd, 2010, 11:56 AM
One thing may be certain...he was wearing gear. Otherwise he would have been DOA. Gear FTMFW!!!!! Discuss...

The most important piece of safety gear we have resides between our ears. I submit that this rider failed to correctly use that equipment. I hope he survives to correct that mistake.

#1Townie
Thu Dec 23rd, 2010, 02:56 PM
Well, he could have. A motorcycle going 150+ mph into another vehicle or pedestrian could easily hurt or kill someone else. Now I'm not saying I've never done anything stupid on a bike, but I've never drank and rode and I've never gone 150+ on city streets, much less the canyons or more rural areas.

This kid was an idiot douche, but I hope he pulls through. Odds are if he does pull through he will have some serious lasting injuries.
Could have? He could have been the smartest person on the face of the planet. I could have been rich. We can make things up all day to justify our points. You are also retarded for thinking on could haves. Hey why don't we hand life sentences out to people who text and drive? They could run a kid over.

Mother Goose
Thu Dec 23rd, 2010, 03:00 PM
Sounds like he does this shit all the time. One of the guys from the R1 Forum would see him all the time, riding like an idiot. It was just a matter of time. Luckily he didn't injure anyone but himself.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Jan 4th, 2011, 10:10 PM
I'm just glad this fucking idiot is off the streets and didn't hurt or kill anyone else. If he lives, I hope he's never able to ride again, or even drive again. If he dies, he got what was coming to him. Don't matter to me which.

brennahm
Wed Jan 5th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Better stop typing Frank, Townie's gonna get upset.

asp_125
Wed Jan 5th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Sounds like this guy was a real winner. Not
http://phoenix.whosarrested.com/inmates/170108-noe-marcos-colazo

Captain Obvious
Wed Jan 5th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Could have? He could have been the smartest person on the face of the planet.

I think it is safe to say based on this situation that is not possible.

Drinking under age
Driving while intoxicated
Driving on a suspended license
Driving at speeds clearly unsafe

If you go back and read the posts at the beginning of the thread, they both show a clear indifference for his surviving his traffic crash, but neither actually posted they wanted him dead. There is a difference.