PDA

View Full Version : NYC Sanitation Dumbass Destroys a Car

MetaLord 9
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Wow. Snow brings out the stupid in some people...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt_r-jO3lKE

salsashark
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 09:35 AM
reason #6,783,678,562,378,156,812,631,278,541 why I would never want to live in NY.

Here's an idea; instead of sitting watching these idiots struggle, how about you get off your lazy ass and go out and help get the tractor unstuck?

NAHHHH, just sit there and scream out your window, that's constructive!

asp_125
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 09:38 AM
At least the insurance claim can be proved. Wow.. douchebags in the trucks, and in the building.

MetaLord 9
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 09:41 AM
I like how the jackass in the scooper hits the car with every possible part of his vehicle. First the back tires (not entirely his fault) then the front tires, and then the frigging shovel...and then the shovel AGAIN on TOP of the car. Glad those idiots aren't in charge of heavy machinery or anything...

MetaLord 9
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Here's an idea; instead of sitting watching these idiots struggle, how about you get off your lazy ass and go out and help get the tractor unstuck?

NAHHHH, just sit there and scream out your window, that's constructive!
This would require putting pants on and passing up an opportunity to scream "FUCK" out the window.

salsashark
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 09:45 AM
:lol:

It was a city owned car...

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/12/28/2010-12-28_out_of_control_city_tow_truck_destroys_parked_s uv_on_brooklyn_street_video_shows.html

brennahm
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 10:40 AM
I can't believe someone would fault the guy in the window...he was definitely the problem.

That loader driver should lose his job. PERIOD. That equipment isn't that hard to drive and yet that operator has NO CLUE what he's doing.

salsashark
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Please don't take what I said as assigning blame to the window guy. Obviously he didn't make it snow, teach the bonehead in the loader how to drive, cause the guy to get stuck, hide every set of chains in New York, or instruct the tow vehicle operator on how to do his job. I think the video showed that the guy driving was definitely in over his head. I also think the video showed the typical NY "I don't give a fuck" attitude by everyone involved. Reading the story I linked to just drove it home. People don't give a shit about anyone else, their property, or their problems anymore. How many people stood around and watched the driver waffle that loader like a fish out of water? How about throwing down a few bags of cat litter and help the loader get traction? I mean everyone in NY owns cats don't they?

brennahm
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Sorry, maybe that came out a little more dickish than intended.

Honestly, I don't think there was a better alternative and if I were in the place of the guy videoing the situation I would have done almost the same thing. First, if you go down and "get involved" then you're opening yourself up to god knows what. It's not hard to imagine being assigned some blame if you go and try to help or worse, having an angry NY equipment operator get pissed at you and try to pick a fight. Second, by shouting and causing a scene you both attract witnesses and let the operator know his mistake was seen and that he can't hit and run. Finally, it's just a car. Yes, if it were mine I would be LIVID but ultimately it was a mistake that the city will just pay for.

Sarge
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Besides, you wouldn't want to get sued for attempting a good deed.

I mean, this is America. :lol:

extremepaint
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 11:39 AM
this must be a nyc thing. i've never seen such blantent disregard for property when doing snow removal. im from buffalo ny... what you see in that video is a normal day of lake effect snow...

sure some plow drivers may not see that geo parked under 6 feet of snow (it has happened) but for real!!??? they seen it happening there were multiple things that could have been done... maybe pull from the other side!???!??

wtf.... im so glad i never visited NYC and i never plan to either

and who knows if the exlorer owner has liablity or full coverage you bet your ass if i had liablity i would be be in a suit with there deparment till i got my truck back!!

salsashark
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Besides, you wouldn't want to get sued for attempting a good deed.

I mean, this is America. :lol:

I guess I never really worried about it, but I've helped out tons of people when they're stuck in the snow. I used to live on a very long hill that seemed to attract people w/o snow tires. I don't know how many people I towed up that hill. I used to keep all of my off road recovery gear in the truck, ready to go just for that hill.

Kind of like the stopping for bikers thread, people just suck now.

MetaLord 9
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 11:43 AM
^^Gotta be honest, I'd be absolutely screwed if it weren't from help from people like you James. The Mustang is HARDLY snow-worthy, but sometimes, options aren't abundant and I've found my ass in situations well above my head. Thanks for helping folks man, as one who's received that type of help more than once, thank you very much man.

salsashark
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 11:44 AM
and who knows if the exlorer owner has liablity or full coverage you bet your ass if i had liablity i would be be in a suit with there deparment till i got my truck back!!

not that it makes a difference, but the car was owner by NYC. The one that the loader pushed it into however??? They've already said to call in a claim to the city. This video was on CNN this morning.

Gotta be honest, I'd be absolutely screwed if it weren't from help from people like you James. The Mustang is HARDLY snow-worthy, but sometimes, options aren't abundant and I've found my ass in situations well above my head. Thanks for helping folks man, as one who's received that type of help more than once, thank you very much man.

It's not a gloating thing, it's just what you do. I remember being stuck on Arapahoe Rd. in high school in my mustang... It sucked. It also taught me that sand bags and studded snow tires are worth their weight in gold :)

Sarge
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 11:50 AM
I guess I never really worried about it, but I've helped out tons of people when they're stuck in the snow. I used to live on a very long hill that seemed to attract people w/o snow tires. I don't know how many people I towed up that hill. I used to keep all of my off road recovery gear in the truck, ready to go just for that hill.

Kind of like the stopping for bikers thread, people just suck now.

I understand completely. I used to have a 2002 Ram 1500 Quad Cab back when I lived in Tahoe. I kept a tow rope in the back and LOVED pulling people out. I worked at the Hyatt up there for a while and a limo slipped out and got stuck in a ditch, I pulled it out with my truck. Another time I was heading up Highway 431 from Reno, when a Fedex truck coming down got stuck. I turned around and pulled him out to. I don't care if I end up being late for work, whatever. I had the 1500 with a 5 speed manual and the biggest Toyo AT tires, siped and as wide as I could get them, and those things tuck like glue. I loved that truck, sold it at 140,000 miles, still running like a CHAMP without even the slightest oil leak.

But yeah, haven't had the pleasure of pulling anybody out of the snow in my new Nissan Frontier yet, but I keep a rope handy just in case. ;)

salsashark
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Oddly enough, I currently have a 2002 Ram 1500 Quad Cab on 33's. The beast is unstoppable!

salsashark
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Yeah... that'll buff right out...

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/vandavanda/7a44a8a3.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/vandavanda/22c9bcb1.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/vandavanda/1bddb935.jpg

Ricky
Thu Dec 30th, 2010, 09:10 AM
I guess it all depends on whether or not it's worth the thousands of dollars in damages, to have the loader unstuck.

Still, stupid as fuck.