PDA

View Full Version : KTM RC8

tecknojoe
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 09:23 PM
What do you think of it? Does anyone here own one?

I've been drooling over this thing since I first saw it being raced last year in WV.

Boner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SBQRQlww_E

(i like the paint scheme on the "r" version more)
http://www.bestmotorcyclepictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/2009-ktm-1190rc8a.jpg

RCStylin'
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 09:53 PM
I don't know anything about the RC8 but I do have a Duke 690 and the fit and finish is the best I've seen. I haven't modded it al all and don't need to. Their moto is "ready to race" and every KTM I've been on feels like it.

Graphite675
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 10:30 PM
I don't have any info on the RC8 other then seeing them race (and they are fast) but I did own a SMC 625 supermoto and it was top notch all the way.
KTM bikes are very "race" oriented so my guess is the RC8 would not be a very good street bike at all if that is your intent?

tecknojoe
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 10:52 PM
I don't think I'm anywhere near buying one. I'm just curious to hear people's thoughts. I've seen 2 guys race them last year, and they are fuggin MEAN on the track.

If I was to be an idiot, sell a bunch of crap, and get one, I wouldn't be long haulin on it. When I ride my R6, I usually enjoy rides that are maybe 4 hours, not day long adventures as much. I'd take the rc8 to the track for my handful of track days every year, even though I'm by no means a race class rider.

but damn, I know I'd get a huge kick out of having one

MVBrutaleRider
Thu Dec 30th, 2010, 05:44 AM
The rc8 is an absolutely amazing bike. The fit and finish is what one should expected out of ktm or any $20k or more bike. Right up there with mv and BMW as far as quality and fittment. Haven't ridden one yet so I can't attest to that but have heard time and time again that they are amazing as well. Would certainly love to thrash on one for a while tho. Ktm's dirt stuff is incredible having just helped rebuild a buddies.

I had looked deeply into them a while back but the ultimate deal killer for me is the thing is FUGLY! IMHO. The co.or schemes are par for the course for ktm, but man do I find them just plain offensive to me.

Just my thoughts...

- Justin