PDA

View Full Version : [S Met] Feeler - Curling eh? - Date(s) TBD

asp_125
Wed Dec 29th, 2010, 11:38 PM
OK all you canucks and wannabee canucks. Beer talk from Alibis tonight:

I am trying to see who wants to try their hand at curling.

The Ice Ranch in Littleton is available to rent their rink for private groups. The quote I got was $500 for the first 12 people +$15/each additional person. They can accommodate 40 people (5 sheets, or 10 teams of 4).

There is an additional surcharge of $90 if we want to do the event after 3:30pm in prime time (because of the hockey schedule there is a premium on ice time)

Instruction is available through the Denver Curling Club - I will update this thread once I find out if that's included in the rental.

fasterlaster
Thu Dec 30th, 2010, 01:15 AM
$42 a head seems a bit steep for a short time curling depending on the length it time. I'd still be interested in sliding around on the ice acting like a hoser.

Sarge
Thu Dec 30th, 2010, 05:14 AM
+1. Price seems a little steep, but if you can get 20 people it drops to $31 a person. If I were home I'd definitely consider a trip to Denver for something like this though. Especially if they serve beer at the concessions stands. :eyebrows:

Canuck
Thu Dec 30th, 2010, 07:09 AM
I'm down.
Jeff, do you know what the cost would be if we formed a team for their league? I think that would be the better route instead of just renting the ice, for a private setting.

Sean
Thu Dec 30th, 2010, 07:11 AM
I knew it, Canadians are trying to take over the world...

Spiderman
Thu Dec 30th, 2010, 02:05 PM
My memory of the one time I went curling is that it's an excellent drinking game! :cheers:

Count me in! :D

extremepaint
Thu Dec 30th, 2010, 10:54 PM
im half canadian and lived in buffalo near the boarder almost all my life... its practically in my blood!!

hell my cousin has a 350 dollar carbon fiber professional sweeper!
wonder if i could borrow it for a night! :eyebrows:

Sleev
Fri Dec 31st, 2010, 07:59 AM
you guys are nuts! don't you know that shit is dangerous!

Airreed
Fri Dec 31st, 2010, 09:17 AM
The only event that i could afford and had tickets while I was on a security mission at the 2002 Winter Olympics was Curling!!!
Good Times!

asp_125
Thu Jan 6th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I'm down.
Jeff, do you know what the cost would be if we formed a team for their league? I think that would be the better route instead of just renting the ice, for a private setting.

https://event-manager.compete-at.com/Manager/event/home.do?eid=3320

https://event-manager.compete-at.com/Manager/download?inline=false&fileid=GZXa51290286882578

They play 6 games which makes it around $28 per game.

vort3xr6
Thu Jan 6th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Why is curling so damn expensive?! Track time is almost cheaper.

I would love to play though.

Canuck
Fri Jan 7th, 2011, 08:33 AM
It's not Curling per say. It's any ice rental that is expensive. My hockey league is at least $450 per person every season.

Canuck
Fri Jan 7th, 2011, 08:35 AM
I'm still down for a spot on a team if there's still interest.

asp_125
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 07:34 AM
I'm still down for a spot on a team if there's still interest.

BUMP, update (and cheap) I did their last learn to curl and it was a blast. The littleton ice ranch has a bar upstairs overlooking the ice.

Good News!

Denver Curling has scheduled a two-session Learn to Curl Event for the spring!

This will be a two week class, Friday April 1 and 8 from 7:00pm-9:00pm Cost will be $50 total, which includes ice rental, instruction and the use of Denver Curling Club curling equipment. All you need are clean sneakers and warm comfortable clothing. Dressing in layers is advised, like you would dress for outdoor sports.

Please send all registration information to Karen Bronson at kabronson@earthlink.net

Please Email the info below to Karen:

First Name

Last Name

Email address (required)

Your phone numbers

Your mailing address

Have you ever curled before?

Please print a copy of the email you send to Karen and mail it along with your check to:

Learn to Curl - Karen Bronson

468 Pontiac Way, Denver, CO 80224

Registration Deadline for Learn to Curl is March 28th. We sold out quickly last year, so get yourself registered asap!

Payment must be made by check, addressed to Denver Curling Club. If you have further questions about the Fun League, please contact Karen.

Please Note: You are not on the roster until Karen has received your payment.

And even more good news!

A Four Week Fun League will follow the Learn to Curl Classes. People with less than three seasons of league curling are considered Rookies. You may choose to have as many as two non-rookie members on your team to provide guidance to your team if you wish.

Experienced curlers are encouraged to sign up as individuals to help guide new curlers and join in the fun.

Game dates will be:

Friday April 15
Friday April 22
Friday May 6
Friday May 13

Draw time will be 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM

Cost is $80 per participant

Ice set-up duties will be scheduled by team. Each team will take a turn at coming early to help get the ice prepared for curling.

Please send all registration information to Alex Merrell at alex.merrell@denvercurlingclub.com

Please Email this info to Alex:

First Name

Last Name

Email address (required)

Your phone numbers

Your address

Curling experience?

Please print a copy of the email you sent to Alex and mail it along with your check to:

Fun League - Alex Merrell, 12705 Yates Street, Broomfield, CO 80020

Registration Deadline for April-May Rookie League is April 8th, but don't delay, this may sell out.

Payment must be made by check, addressed to Denver Curling Club. If you have further questions about the Fun League, please contact Alex.

Please Note: You are not on the roster until Alex has received your payment.

I'm interested but I am out because of the damned collarbone. Someone else might want to take the ball and run with it.

bulldog
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 08:06 AM
Did someone say curling???? :lol:

OUTLAWD
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 12:12 PM
A coworker runs a non-profit, and they are holding a curling tourney...I figured it was related, so heres the info