PDA

View Full Version : SO I took the bike to work today....

deadline
Mon Jan 3rd, 2011, 09:29 AM
The main roads are alright, but the area where my work building is located is completely icy and snowy!!! totally.... so i had to drag my feet down doing 2m/h in first gear and I still dropped her twice. No scratches as it was on a snow and I got sliders... but still scary.

It was fun, but I will stick to the cage for the next few weeks.

Sully
Mon Jan 3rd, 2011, 09:52 AM
Crazy! I'm not surprised to hear about the area where your building is. Most side streets and parking lots are still covered in snow and if by chance they were plowed, are now iced over. Take it easy out there!

salsashark
Mon Jan 3rd, 2011, 10:14 AM
:no:

my bikes won't come out to play until the street glacier in my neighborhood has receded

TFOGGuys
Mon Jan 3rd, 2011, 10:33 AM
I probably would have ridden today, but my seat is being reupholstered...Getting out of the neighborhood would have sucked, though...

CaneZach
Mon Jan 3rd, 2011, 10:51 AM
:no:

my bikes won't come out to play until the street glacier in my neighborhood has receded

Werd! I have a polar ice cap instead of a road in front of my house.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Jan 3rd, 2011, 11:47 AM
Have been riding the DR around the neighborhood on the hard snowpack. I've found I get in more trouble when going too slow as well. Studs would sure be nice though. The VFR won't come out of the garage now until there's a clear path of pavement out of the neighborhood.

deadline
Mon Jan 3rd, 2011, 12:56 PM
going back home during lunch, I noticed that all roads are a bit slick... even the dry areas. so I would not recommend coming out if you got regular tires.

FZRguy
Mon Jan 3rd, 2011, 07:47 PM
I'm thinkin' Ralph is having fun on his V-Strom with studded tires.