PDA

View Full Version : Parts411

Boy Scout
Mon Aug 4th, 2003, 09:48 PM
Parts411 (http://www.parts411.com) - 1 order

Overall Rating (4/5): ****

Web order.
Ordered 07/14
Estimated delivery at order time 07/21 - 07/28 (5-10 working days)

Order was split into two shipments as some items were shipped directly by manufacturer.
Actual ship #1 (Parts411) 07/16 (OK - confirmation indicates orders processed within 48 hours)
Estimated delivery at ship time #1 (Parts411) 07/21
Actual delivery #1 (Parts411) 07/21

Reported Actual ship #2 (Manufacturer) 07/16 Per Parts411 (OK - confirmation indicates orders processed within 48 hours)
Actual ship #2 (Manufacturer) 07/25 Per Parts411 & Manufacturer
Estimated delivery at ship time #2 (Manufacturer) 07/30
Actual delivery #2 (Manufacturer) 07/30

The invoice I received with the first shipment indicated that the items being shipped direct from the manufacturer were being shipped the same day (07/16). When I had not received these items by 07/25, I called Parts411 to find out the status. Person was courteous, but not overly friendly. If asked a question, she didn't reveal any additional (potentially negative) information. While I was on hold (I suspect) the woman called the manufacturer to find out the status. I was told that they may not have shipped it out for a couple of days after 07/16. I asked for a tracking number. She told me she would call the manufacturer and get it as they had not provided the tracking number to Parts411 yet. That indicated to me that there was an unrevealed issue. Nonetheless, she called me back in a few minutes as promised with the tracking number. I checked it via the web and Fedex knew nothing about it. I called Parts411 back as I had verified the number with her during the first call. It was then that I found out that my order was actually being shipped that day (07/25). A little perturbed that Parts411 wasn't being upfront with me, I decided to call the manufacturer directly on 07/28. They confirmed that my order shipped on 07/25, but the person that handles orders had left for the day so I wasn't able to get further information. He suggested I call her in the morning. The next morning she called me (I hadn't requested that she do so--in fact, didn't even leave my phone number) and told me that indeed they had received the order from Parts411 on 07/16, but that they were behind. She also confirmed that my order had shipped 07/25. Kudos to the manufacturer for taking ownership of this issue and following up with me directly! It would have been nice if Parts411 had told me about the processing/product availability delay upfront.

Manufacturer was Pit Bull. Very courteous, friendly, and helpful!

onef
Mon Aug 4th, 2003, 10:02 PM
Parts411 (http://www.parts411.com) - 1 order

Overall Rating (4/5): ****

I would also agree. I had one order with them. It was delivered in a timely manner. The only thing that I don't like is that the they don't give tracking numbers.

I would use them again.

panther
Tue Aug 5th, 2003, 07:04 PM
i am having so much trouble w/them. I ordered the wrong part, which is fine. I sent it back and they charged me a restocking fee and shipping for the new part, ok fine whatever, but, that was two weeks ago. I havent gotten the correct part yet, they kept giving me the run around. They said that they are having troubles w/there vendor, not my fault, and since i have called them everday for 2 weeks bugging them to get my windscreen, they wont refund my restocking fee or reshipping, which is bs. I must say the first time around was fine, quick shipping, but if you have to return something, good luck. I wont use them again.

Jay

Boy Scout
Tue Aug 5th, 2003, 10:25 PM
The only thing that I don't like is that the they don't give tracking numbers.
I agree.

i am having so much trouble w/them. I ordered the wrong part, which is fine. I sent it back and they charged me a restocking fee and shipping for the new part, ok fine whatever, but, that was two weeks ago. I havent gotten the correct part yet, they kept giving me the run around. They said that they are having troubles w/there vendor, not my fault, and since i have called them everday for 2 weeks bugging them to get my windscreen, they wont refund my restocking fee or reshipping, which is bs. I must say the first time around was fine, quick shipping, but if you have to return something, good luck.
I agree with the fact that their return/exchange policies are not very "friendly", and personally think it's ridiculous for it to take 48 hours to process an order, then another 5-10 days to get it. In my case, I wasn't in a huge hurry, and knew exactly what I wanted so the fact that their return/exchange policies kinda suck, wasn't an issue for me. Your point is a good one, however: make sure you know what you need and make sure that your order is correct before you submit it.

Unfortunately, their actions in your case, right or wrong, are according to their published policy. It also doesn't surprise me, again right or wrong, that there is another 48-hour processing period and another 5-10 days for delivery on the replacement part. One would certainly hope for better than that, but the general tone of their policy and your experience indicate otherwise.

Good Luck and keep us posted as to the outcome.

panther
Wed Aug 6th, 2003, 05:35 PM
well, they finally got it ordered and i have a tracking #. It is coming on friday, aug 8. I returned the other one one july 23, ouch. and it cost me, 80 instead of 55. lesson learned :321:
thanks for the responce nate :D

Jay

scud
Sun Aug 17th, 2003, 04:56 PM
I'll second the positive experience. I ordered a Fox shock from them for my Viffer about a year ago. $540 plus shipping, arrived in a timely fashion, no complaints. They will match prices if you ask, so give it a try. I never had to deal with their returns department, though.