PDA

View Full Version : All Motorcycle Day at Bandimere Speedway

Anonymous
Mon Apr 18th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Think you've got good reaction time? Think you & your bike are fast in the 1/4 mile?

Come & find out just how you are at the first "Any Make" Motorcycle event in 6 years!

Here are just some of the details: Saturday May 14, 2005 Schedule
Gates Open 8:30 am
Time Trials 10:00 am
Eliminations 1:00 pm Entry Fees/Admission
Street Bike Participants $30
Pro Bike Participants $50
Spectators $12
Children 12 and under FREE when accompanied by an adult.
Click here for complete event details & available classes. (http://www.bandimere.com/events/event_detail.php?eventID=298)

Anonymous
Mon Apr 18th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Figures... Race weekend.

Mel
Mon Apr 18th, 2005, 05:15 PM
yikes...six years since they last did that? Funny, cuz I raced it last time they did it!

McVaaahhh
Tue May 10th, 2005, 12:50 PM
If you're interested:

Bandimere All Motorcycle Day (http://www.bandimere.com/events/event_detail.php?eventID=298)

The First any make Motorcycle event in six years returns to Thunder Mountain.

This event is for all men and women motorcycle riders 16 years of age and older, novice or experienced racers...this event has a class for you. All racing is run on a handicapped start system, giving slower bikes a precise head start based on elapsed time. This system makes the most consistent riders (not necessarily the fastest machines) winners.

Schedule
Gates Open 8:30 am
Time Trials 10:00 am
Eliminations 1:00 pm

Entry Fees/Admission
Street Bike Participants $30
Pro Bike Participants $50
Spectators $12
Children 12 and under FREE when accompanied by an adult.

Race Classes
Street Bike Classes
These classes are for anyone riding street legal motorcycles utilizing DOT street tires. Racing is handicapped on a .5 tenths full tree. No delay boxes, air shifters, two-step or stutter boxes. Open exhaust permitted. Trophies in each class to Winner, Runner-Up, Semi-Finalists, Quarter-Finalists and Eighth Finalists.

Pro Street 7.50-12.50
Top Street 12.51 & slower

Quick 8
The quickest eight street bikes will have the opportunity to compete head to head in a handicapped .5 tenths full tree shootout to see who has the baddest machine on the street. All street bike participants are eligible to qualify, as we will pull the quickest times from time trials in the Pro Street Class. Qualifying participants will pay an additional $10 entry fee prior to first round of eliminations at the tech building. Winner $300/Trophy, Runner-Up $150/Trophy, Semi-Finalists $75/Trophy

Pro Bike
This class is for all drag bikes and/or street bikes running 7.50-13.80. Delay boxes, air shifters, two-steps and stutter boxes permitted. Competition is handicapped on a .5 tenths full tree with bikes qualifying during time trials for first round ladder. Winner $350/Trophy, Runner-Up $175/Trophy, Semi-Finalists $80/Trophy.

Rules
· Full-face helmet meeting Snell 90, 95, 2000 or SFI Spec 31.2 or 41.2 mandatory.
· Chain or belt guard mandatory.
· Leather footwear extending above the ankle and leather gloves mandatory.
· Leather jacket or jean jackets permitted unless bike is faster than 120 mph, then full leather mandatory.
· No bicyle parts.
· Rear fender must cover the full width of the rear tire and extend behind the rear axle and forward seat position.
· Operation front and rear brakes mandatory.
· Snap back throttle mandatory.
· Commercially available Nitrous Oxide permitted. Tanks must be certified within the past 5 years (tanks can be filled at the track).
· Wheelie bars for safety optional.
· Number plates required (plates can be purchased at the track for $2).
· Valid NHRA competition license mandatory for riders of all motorcycles running 9.99 seconds or quicker.
Consult the NHRA Rulebook for more details on rules and safety requirements.
If you have any questions call, the Bandimere Speedway Tech Hotline at (303) 697-6013 Ext. 317.

For track information, call the On-Track Performance Hotline 303-697-4870.

Motorcycle Racing for Street Bikes
April 22, 29
May 13
June 3, 10
July 8
August 5, 12
September 2 & 3

Motorcycle racing for Pro Bikes
April 23, 24
May 7, 28
June 4, 25
July 23
August 13
September 2 & 3

Anonymous
Tue May 10th, 2005, 01:56 PM
If you're interested:

This was a repost, so I merged it with the original topic, giving it a bump.

Taylor
Tue May 10th, 2005, 02:16 PM
cool im going...

Ytry2
Wed May 11th, 2005, 09:10 AM
yikes...six years since they last did that? Funny, cuz I raced it last time they did it!

I took 3rd that day and I have the ladders for the whole day sitting under my trophie, what is your name and i look it up to see where you finished. I lost to Swank in the semi... :oops: dam red light.
I was running my 900rr that bartman built ;)

Ytry2
Wed May 11th, 2005, 09:17 AM

I took 3rd that day and I have the ladders for the whole day sitting under my trophie, what is your name and i look it up to see where you finished. I lost to Swank in the semi... :oops: dam red light.
I was running my 900rr that bartman built ;)

some old school photos..
back in 95 on my fzr600
and back in 99 on my 9rr

AshliRider44
Wed May 11th, 2005, 10:12 AM
DAMN :roll: Race Weekend, I'm out

Mel
Wed May 11th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Yikes, I was out pretty early that day, I had somewhere to be, so I pretty much threw one of my last rounds.
Name is Melanie though, was riding a GSXR.

friscokidd
Wed May 11th, 2005, 10:59 AM
love the second pic, full suit with some nikes on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ytry2
Wed May 11th, 2005, 11:16 AM
love the second pic, full suit with some nikes on :lol: :lol: :lol:

And to think, i thought leathers, boots, gloves and helmets were expensive then..... :lol:

Little did i know then that i would start roadracing 3 years later.. I think in the last 7 years have replaced my leathers twice, 4 pairs of gloves, 2 pairs of boots, 2 helmets lost to crashes and upgraded 4 others. 2 bikes, one motor, 2 ez-ups *dam wind*, 2 sets of plastics, one compound fractured ankle, one dislocated hip, and an ass load of tires. I recently had to purchase a new set of leathers and boots...

I should have ignored the dark side, i should have just been happy with straighline activities. the tree is so pretty, my tires would last all season, i only replaced the clutch, my race was over in 10 seconds or less. DAM corners ..Dam you i say...

DEVILRYDE
Wed May 11th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Hey everyone-new to the club here. Is anyone meeting somewhere else then riding to Bandimere this weekend? They guy I usually ride with is flaking out-garage sale or something. I'm just going to watch. I can't afford a $500 set of leathers this week. Just thought it might be cool to meet off sight and ride in as a group. :twisted:

SpArKy
Wed May 11th, 2005, 04:16 PM
DAMN :roll: Race Weekend, I'm out

Well..........Also the fact that they are lookin for FAST bikes kinda rules you out too!!! :lol:

Taylor
Sat May 14th, 2005, 03:17 PM
gay i had to work today...i guess it is better to make money then spend it!

bombprelude
Sat May 14th, 2005, 08:10 PM
well i ran today on my 05 636...and i ran 12.1 at 117 with a 2.0 60ft..not bad considering that im 200lbs and its stock..i made it to the top 8 and got a trophy...ran a busa in that last round with the same dial in as me.hahaha

Mel
Sat May 14th, 2005, 11:16 PM
lol, yeah, the big bikes have a hard time racing without wheelie bars and such. I ran a 12.1 at 120+ on my mostly stock 97 GSXR couple yaers back. Seems like a pretty common number for the 600's, though I got a lot of grief for a while, till other people started getting similar times :lol:

v413nc3
Sun May 15th, 2005, 02:33 AM
Most liter bikes were in the 11's today and the GSXR 1000 '05 was deep into the low 10's.

Taylor
Tue May 17th, 2005, 05:54 PM
well i ran today on my 05 636...and i ran 12.1 at 117 with a 2.0 60ft..not bad considering that im 200lbs and its stock..i made it to the top 8 and got a trophy...ran a busa in that last round with the same dial in as me.hahahahi BJ :)