PDA

View Full Version : Are you looking for moutaineering, climbing, camping & SCUBA gear?

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Jan 7th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Keep an eye on the 'for sale' section and, obviously, Craig's List. Over the next few days I'll be putting up all my gear. All in excellent condition and very high quality.

Tent heaters
Backpacks
Mountaineering boots, stoves, skins
Tons of rock climbing gear
Avalanche beacons
Two complete sets of SCUBA gear

brennahm
Fri Jan 7th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Interested in stoves/cook gear.

Matty
Fri Jan 7th, 2011, 10:37 PM
was just over Kim and Dean's place and all the gear looked like they were in excellent condition.

kevplus2
Sun Jan 9th, 2011, 11:22 PM
out of suriosity...what are the models/brands of the reg setups? complete with 1st/2nd/safe 2nd/gauges?

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 10:19 AM
out of suriosity...what are the models/brands of the reg setups? complete with 1st/2nd/safe 2nd/gauges?I should have all the info and pics up by tonight. Gotta ton of things to do today starting with firing up the snow blower.

Don't anyone email me bout the snow blower. Not gonna sell that baby! Or the snow shoes...:lol: Those are about the only two item we're keeping!

Cat118!
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I wanna go snow shoeing with you guys!!

TurboGizzmo
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I should have all the info and pics up by tonight. Gotta ton of things to do today starting with firing up the snow blower.

Don't anyone email me bout the snow blower. Not gonna sell that baby! Or the snow shoes...:lol: Those are about the only two item we're keeping!

Speaking of snow shoes, whats a good brand to get? I was just talking to the gf about it when we hiked to the sushi place last night.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Speaking of snow shoes, whats a good brand to get? I was just talking to the gf about it when we hiked to the sushi place last night.Just about any brand name is good. MSR, Atlas...

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 11:32 AM
I wanna go snow shoeing with you guys!!You and Kim are broken.

bulldog
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Speaking of snow shoes, whats a good brand to get? I was just talking to the gf about it when we hiked to the sushi place last night. I saw a nice pair at Costco; seemed nice and good deal.

ghostrider_9
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 11:40 AM
You and Kim are broken.

Would you please stop breaking people?

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Would you please stop breaking people?
Haha Kim broke herself. She had her foot fixed from a high side at Second Creek that happened about five years ago. Broke her back in two places and her foot in five. Her foot started hurting pretty bad in her motox boot, so time to fix it.

ghostrider_9
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Haha Kim broke herself. She had her foot fixed from a high side at Second Creek that happened about five years ago. Broke her back in two places and her foot in five. Her foot started hurting pretty bad in her motox boot, so time to fix it.

Make sure to send her our best. Better yet, we should all get together soon and we can wish her our best in person . . .

Cat118!
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 11:47 AM
You and Kim are broken.
we aren't gonna be broken forever!
We are just in the repair shop right now....:D

pauliep
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Do you have snow shoes in the pile of toys to sell?

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Do you have snow shoes in the pile of toys to sell?
We're keeping the snow shoes.

salsashark
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 01:10 PM
looking to equip the bike for some camping...

How about a single/double hiker's tent, sleeping pad?

pauliep
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 01:14 PM
ice ax or avalanche shovel?

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 01:34 PM
looking to equip the bike for some camping...

How about a single/double hiker's tent, sleeping pad?The only tent I'm letting go is the North Face Expedition 25 and we have two normal Therm-a-Rests and two extra wide and thick Therm-a-Rests. Therm-a-Rests are absolutely the best. Don't even bother using anything else!!

I have two -15deg. Mountain Hardware sleeping bags. Brand new. One's a long and the other a short. They have opposite zippers so you can zip them together. Synthetic and stuff down to about 16X8, maybe smaller.

I'm still digging everything out and looking for receipts or research online to figure out what everything is worth and also to get all the details correct. Make an offer, before I figure it out, ya might get a better deal...

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 01:34 PM
ice ax or avalanche shovel?For now, we're keeping that stuff.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Make sure to send her our best. Better yet, we should all get together soon and we can wish her our best in person . . .I believe she sent you a text, earlier.

MetaLord 9
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 01:45 PM
The only tent I'm letting go is the North Face Expedition 25 ...
That's the two-man, right?

pauliep
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 01:49 PM
For now, we're keeping that stuff.

Then I guess I will just have to go hit the mountains with you guys. Sadly it will be warm by the time I can go. But that leaves the spring/summer to get back in shape and not carry such a heavy load.

Cat118!
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 01:57 PM
hope I have the right cell for her...sent her a text.
Have her text me so we can be gimpy on text together

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 02:24 PM
That's the two-man, right?Yes and no.

It's advertised as a three man plus gear. That rating only applies when you're doing Everest. It's a comfortable two man and some gear. With the two vestibules, it stores quite a bit and still easy entry/exit. It'll take some serious wind, too. 60m.p.h. and it's quite inside. The fly doesn't start to flap until 80m.p.h. LOL I love this tent!!!!!

salsashark
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Sounds like a great tent... just too big for what I'm looking for.

pauliep
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 02:41 PM
3 man rated tents don't have much more space over 2 man or weigh increasingly more either. If you get the better deal at the 3 man, take it!

salsashark
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 02:50 PM
^^ Actually this one is 10Lbs, I'm looking to cap at around 5. I'm not looking to summit Everest anytime soon. I already have a large tent and a popup camper. I need something for solo bike camping where every pound counts.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Sounds like a great tent... just too big for what I'm looking for.It's a mountaineering tent, so it's probably smaller than you think. Unless you're looking for a one person.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 03:03 PM
^^ Actually this one is 10Lbs, I'm looking to cap at around 5. I'm not looking to summit Everest anytime soon. I already have a large tent and a popup camper. I need something for solo bike camping where every pound counts.Yeah, it's a hard core tent. We always split the poles and tent between two people when backpacking. Kona would carry the ice spikes in his back pack, along with his own gear (water, bowl, food). He even had his own snow boots. LOL
http://home.comcast.net/%7Etk4480/CSC/kk.jpg

salsashark
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 03:06 PM
That's awesome... I love the puppeh that can help carry the load.

yeah, I'm looking for a 2 season 1-2 man tent. something that I can throw down and set up in a few minutes and be off and fishing :D

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 03:24 PM
That's awesome... I love the puppeh that can help carry the load.

yeah, I'm looking for a 2 season 1-2 man tent. something that I can throw down and set up in a few minutes and be off and fishing :DMountaineering tents are the fastest and easiest to set up. But I hear ya. A 2 season will be much lighter.

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Jan 11th, 2011, 03:20 PM
out of suriosity...what are the models/brands of the reg setups? complete with 1st/2nd/safe 2nd/gauges?Here ya go...Click it!! (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37605)