PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for pants

Scribbler
Tue Apr 19th, 2005, 09:28 AM
I just purchased a summer jacket, so I have both a leather Teknic, and a Dainese Invader textile jacket, and now it's time to add pants to my gear. Both are basic black, however I'm thinking of adding some color (probably red to match my bike), and I'm finding a rather large selection to choose from.

I'm looking to balance quality with affordability, comfort, external pockets preferred, and suitable to wear with either jacket (though the more I think about it, that's probably not as much an issue as I initially thought).

I've been looking at the AlpineStars Bat, however those only come in basic black. The AlpineStars Track pants do have a choice in color, however I'm not entirely certain I need to pay an extra $100 for knee sliders since my riding ability in no way requires them (someday...sigh).

Any advice would be well received 8)

~Barn~
Tue Apr 19th, 2005, 01:28 PM
I really like my AStar track pants. I got them on ebay for about 1/2 price.

I would say that a main consideration on the pants that you get, would be that they zip to your jacket.

It's obvsiously a pretty wise safety thing, but then it will also allow you to ride the track, since most require that 2-piece suits zip together.

So yeah.... See what Teknic offers, that zips to your jacket. I'm sure you'll like it. :up:

Horn_E_NINJA
Tue Apr 19th, 2005, 01:31 PM
I wear all A-star gear except pants. I prefer 1st gear pants. They are comfortable and the leather seems tougher. Cheaper too:)