PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Suzuki SV 650 Jetting Question? Help?

Repsol a095
Sun Jan 9th, 2011, 07:58 PM
I need some help, everyone. I have an 01 SV650, and I am looking for some advice with jetting. I have looked at a bunch of other forums, but I would like to hear what you think.

I have a full exhaust system as well as K&N filter. The bike is running rich, and falling flat on its face pretty much the whole way through the RPMs.

I just changed from a 140 main to a 135, and that seemed to clear up the higher end a little; however, the low and the mid are still off. I am not getting black smoke. Instead, you can just hear it coughing and spitting through the bottom and mid end.

This is what it has right now:
Mikuni 135 Main
Mikuni 17.5 PAJ
2nd clip down on the needle ( I think it is a Dynojet needle, but I don't know for sure; it is not red or blue)
2.5 screws out on the fuel mixture

Is there anyone who has found something that has worked well? I understand that every bike is a little different, but I guess I am just looking for some raw numbers to compare.

I am already thinking that I have to drop the PAJ to a 15, but before I make more changes, I just would love to hear if anyone else has gotten this right.

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Jan 9th, 2011, 09:08 PM
save yourself some headache and wasted time by running that thing on a dyno. Someone with a good dyno that includes tailpipe sniffer will tell you right were you need to be. Cost for a couple HP pulls should run you $45-$60. You'll know right where you're at and what to adjust. No guesswork, just the facts.

The_Jackel
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 11:15 AM
We have jetted several sv650s and a dyno tune is really not necessary. First off since your bike is already modded I would buy a Factory Pro jet kit, FIRST THING. The SVs love their kit and will save you a lot of time. Also after any re-jet or if you think you are having issues, pull plugs to see how the engine is running. You can also just pull the rear to check since it will normally run hotter (only if you know both plugs are good/new). If you are jetting now in winter in this cold weather it is usually ok if after re-jet your plugs show a tad lean, as in the summer/riding season your bike will be running richer.

Let us know if you would like a kit as we can save you some money, can also drop ship to you. We will also let you know what other SVs have been set at.

Repsol a095
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 05:42 PM
That would be awesome. Thanks for the help. If you have any numbers, it would be great to see them!

The_Jackel
Tue Jan 11th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Pm sent