PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Shipping?

konichd
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 10:21 AM
I sold a motorcycle and need it to go from Denver to El Paso Tx. I've already been on U-ship for shipping quotes as well as JC, Federal. I have the bike ready to go and can be palleted as well.

Anyone have experience or know anyone who ships reasonably? Thanks!

rybo
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I've had good luck with forward air. The containers they provide are beefy and every bike I've shipped with them has arrived in it's intended location at the intended time and ( most importantly) in it's intended condition.

Scott

TFOGGuys
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I've used Forward Air as well, with good results. You may want to try u-ship (http://www.uship.com/)if delivery time is flexible.

Wrider
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I've used UShip before to ship two Dodge Intrepids and a 5th wheel. All turned out very well.

konichd
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Only problem with forward air is terminal to terminal but they have good pricing. Its definitely flexible as its being imported into Mexico ;) I filled out U-ships info for some quotes as well.

salsashark
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 10:52 AM
I don't remember who shipped my Buell, but it was 400'sh from Kenosha to Denver - door to door.

If you don't come up with anything, post up and I'll dig through my records at home...

tecknojoe
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 04:48 PM
I'll agree to everything said about forward air. I've used them and it was great

FZRguy
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 07:27 PM
If you're an AMA member, you can get a discount thru Federal.

Cap'n Crunch
Mon Jan 10th, 2011, 08:39 PM
I used JC and had a good experience. Price was exactly what was quoted online. The only problem was it took a couple of weeks to get here.

chad23
Tue Jan 11th, 2011, 03:32 PM
i used jc also and was happy with them and the price was alright from florida to here. took about 2 weeks total time from order placed to front door. best part is they are door to door pick up and drop off. there is no need to go to hub and get the bike