PDA

View Full Version : what have you done to your bike this winter?

usmcab35
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 09:25 AM
just wondering what parts or pieces you have got for your bike this winter, ive been buying all kinds of stuff, just looking to see what you have done to your bike. this is my first pic, i put on a new fuel cap.

http://images3a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp733%3C4%3Enu%3D5%3A9%3B%3E%3B56%3E25 %3A%3EWSNRCG%3D33645598%3A%3A34%3Bnu0mrj

Mother Goose
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Got her a track day at HPR. Last winter was the upgrade winter. No extra money for her this year. :(

Sarge
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 09:35 AM
My bike is completely bone stock as of right now, sitting in a garage waiting for me to get home.

BUT, I do have a nice list of mods both waiting and planned:

Sitting at home:
Akrapovic Evolution Slip Ons
Clear Lens Conversion
K&N High Flow Air Filter
R&G Frame Sliders, Both Front and Rear Sets
Rear Seat (for the wife ;))

Planned:
PCV - Last I heard was due in March 2011 for the Aprilia RSVs.
New Rearsets - Probably Lightech, still looking.
New Levers - Wanted Lightech, but was told they've been discontinued?

Might just leave it at that for a minute, at least until I get some serious miles under her belt.

Ricky
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 09:36 AM
I plan on doing an HID projector retrofit in my bike in the near future. Just ordered stuff to do the HID in my truck correctly, from here: www.theretrofitsource.com. They have a lot of really great stuff.

Mother Goose
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 09:37 AM
New Levers - Wanted Lightech, but was told they've been discontinued?

I have FP Racing levers and love them. Not too expensive either.

Zach929rr
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 09:41 AM
During the winter, my bikes require hibernation after what I do to them in the Spring/Summer/Fall.

usmcab35
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 09:45 AM
During the winter, my bikes require hibernation after what I do to them in the Spring/Summer/Fall.

haha yea same here, but it gives me time to better equip them for another brutal season.

dragos13
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 09:46 AM
I drained the water wetter out...

On a serious note, this winter is going to be a fun building season.

On the list for the new (to me) GSXR-1000
Case covers
Rearsets
Front and rear suspension
Rebuild motor and add electronics
New shiny paint job (thinking about Jordan Suzuki)
http://2wheeltuesday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/jordan-suzuki.jpg

real5280
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 09:47 AM
ive been stashing a few here and there, most pumped on the full akra system i just picked up..now waiting for taxes to get a few more goodies.

Sean
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Nothing. No money. I hate being a f'ing student. :(

Sarge
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 09:52 AM
ive been stashing a few here and there, most pumped on the full akra system i just picked up..now waiting for taxes to get a few more goodies.

Nice. What bike? Akra model? Pics?

asp_125
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 10:00 AM
I've ridden them. :D

salsashark
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 10:07 AM

werd!

I had a little vinyl done on the Speedie... last year was the major one for this bike.
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_WENF5AxFUtU/TSeG9Aqa_gI/AAAAAAAALzk/0P5wj9Rnves/s576/DSC00516.JPG

I have a list of stuff I'd like to do to the Duc, but it will have to be a little at a time.

Mother Goose
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I drained the water wetter out...

On a serious note, this winter is going to be a fun building season.

On the list for the new (to me) GSXR-1000
Case covers
Rearsets
Front and rear suspension
Rebuild motor and add electronics
New shiny paint job (thinking about Jordan Suzuki)
http://2wheeltuesday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/jordan-suzuki.jpg
That'll be sick! Especially with a WICKed Photos sticker on it. ;) :lol:

Are you going paint, or having it wrapped?

usmcab35
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 10:15 AM
i like that paint scheme.. and adding a wicked photos sticker has to add a least 5 hp to the rear wheel

dirkterrell
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 10:23 AM

Ditto. :up:

Dirk

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I have done some performance mods on the VFR but am keeping it close until I get a second dyno run to quantify the results.

Last weekend was great for sparking up the torpedo heater and wrenching away in the garage.

real5280
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Nice. What bike? Akra model? Pics?

2nd gen zx10, i got the full system(not ti) w/ shorty mufflers. it sure is pretty..

usmcab35
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 11:50 AM
that is a nice looking exhaust!

OUTLAWD
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Triumph
Nitron fully adj rear shock
RT fork internals
Brembo front MC
maybe some union jack vinyl to cover up the carnage from being hit

Gixxer
Brake Pads
Chain/sprox
Dyno tune
general off season disassembly/cleaning
maybe some paint work

Smitty
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 12:06 PM
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu337/BHSmith26/Race%20Bike/2010-11-15190330.jpg

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu337/BHSmith26/Race%20Bike/2010-12-15200424-Copy.jpg

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu337/BHSmith26/Race%20Bike/2010-12-20221820.jpg

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu337/BHSmith26/Race%20Bike/IMG_0223.jpg

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu337/BHSmith26/Race%20Bike/IMG_0233.jpg

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu337/BHSmith26/Race%20Bike/IMG_0236.jpg

asp_125
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 12:36 PM
I plan to redo some safety wire, new rear sprocket, and maybe some clearcoat on the bass boat.

Heated grips on the street Gixxer would be nice, and not much of anything on the beemah. And regular maintenance work: oil, filter, etc.

Bueller
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Race prepping Ninja 250
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/MRA%20Racing/IMG_20110108_132039.jpg

ChrisCBX
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 12:56 PM
After 3 winters in a row of bike restoration and/or building. I'm taking this winter off. Only tuning and repairs/maintenace this winter.

I did replace the Veypor digital instrumentation and wiring harness on my custom bike (under warranty thankfully). This is a little project all by itself.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/Cbxnut/Animal5-20-2010020.jpg

64BonnieLass
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I need to get some nice frame-sliders on my new little girl. GSXR 750 in case anybody has any thoughts on a nice set.

And I won't do it myself for fear of screwing it up somehow. But need to get it done before I can ride her.

Guess I should probably get the seat shaved too.

asp_125
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I need to get some nice frame-sliders on my new little girl. GSXR 750 ........

ORLY?? :up: :yumyum:

Sean
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Race prepping Ninja 250
That looks great! Although it could use a windscreen. :lol:

Hibs
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 03:20 PM
for my zx12R i bought a billet clutch basket and am about to buy a set of bear racing short velocity stacks. next thing i need to save up for is a datalogger/wideband

puckstr
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I have been trying to source the parts needed to Swap out a 600rr subframe, tail and exhaust for my VFR750

kind of like this but I think I may want to keep all my front plastics on http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/hermie16/Motorcycles/Frankenviffer6.jpg

usmcab35
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 03:30 PM
for my zx12R i bought a billet clutch basket and am about to buy a set of bear racing short velocity stacks. next thing i need to save up for is a datalogger/wideband

yea im planning on getting some billet velocity stacks, but might have to wait till the summer..next winter hopefully will be the turbo kit!!!

Hibs
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 03:37 PM
yea im planning on getting some billet velocity stacks, but might have to wait till the summer..next winter hopefully will be the turbo kit!!!

they don't make a huge difference, but for the guy looking for ever bit of edge he can get they're just another step in the process. i found a used set for $125, considering they were $300 new and they don't make them anymore i'm not going to pass it up.

you got a busa right? i hope if you turbo it, that it just isn't a rolling show bike. you race it? or just want the turbo so you blow off next to nOObs at street lights? lol

OUTLAWD
Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I need to get some nice frame-sliders on my new little girl. GSXR 750

pics or it didn't happen!

usmcab35
Thu Jan 13th, 2011, 12:27 PM
they don't make a huge difference, but for the guy looking for ever bit of edge he can get they're just another step in the process. i found a used set for $125, considering they were $300 new and they don't make them anymore i'm not going to pass it up.

you got a busa right? i hope if you turbo it, that it just isn't a rolling show bike. you race it? or just want the turbo so you blow off next to nOObs at street lights? lol

yea i got a busa. Even though i take really good care of it and some people think it could be a show bike with some work, i ride the dog shit out of it. I just want a turbo for even more uneeded power, it still will be my daily driver in the summer and the once in a while test and tune at bandimere. But no i dont have 40 tvs, no chrome, no semi truck rear tire with a 90in swingarm. :yes:

The_Jackel
Thu Jan 13th, 2011, 04:47 PM

VELOCITY STACKS-BUSA 99-07 Our price to you $245

VELOCITY STACKS BUSA 08-10 Our price to you $252

We see 3 -7 hp gains on the earlier models and 4-8HP gains on the late model. Still make them, sell them monthly just so you know.

Hibs
Thu Jan 13th, 2011, 05:11 PM
VELOCITY STACKS-BUSA 99-07 Our price to you $245

VELOCITY STACKS BUSA 08-10 Our price to you $252

We see 3 -7 hp gains on the earlier models and 4-8HP gains on the late model. Still make them, sell them monthly just so you know.

Well, i guess it's to bad I ride a BUSA KILLER :vader:

LOL, I'm on a ZX12R. Muzzy Racing makes them still, but some say it's a copy of the original, Bear Racing. and 7-8hp is a pretty bold claim. Regardless, I'm not necessarily chasing HP I'm going for quicker ET and more MPH. I've been told real world gain is about 0.05 to 0.10 ET and 1 to 2 MPH. Not much to some, but for a little over $100 (the used set i'm looking at) not bad.

The_Jackel
Thu Jan 13th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Ah ok, you in florida on here in CO? We do alot of work for the drag guys if your in CO.

Hibs
Thu Jan 13th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Ah ok, you in florida on here in CO? We do alot of work for the drag guys if your in CO.

Military, getting stationed in Aurora in April.

You guys rent out a wideband/datalogger? lol, i'm not interested in dyno'ing the bike just want to real world tune it.

I am switching the bike back to SWB when I get there, will be needing a new chain/sprockets. I'll hit you guys up for a price quote once I get there.

You sell any race gas? Mainly interested in MR9. And do you do nitrous refills?

The_Jackel
Thu Jan 13th, 2011, 05:37 PM
We haven't rented our wideband out yet, we have a new Lm-2 which we found to be far superior than all the others. But thinking about it we could set up a contract and I dont see why not. The only risk is the cost so we could set something up. We do refill nitrous and run e-85 for race gas, other than that we dont sell anything else. Sorry not trying to thread jack...

usmcab what turbo kit/s are you looking at?

Hibs
Thu Jan 13th, 2011, 06:10 PM
We haven't rented our wideband out yet, we have a new Lm-2 which we found to be far superior than all the others. But thinking about it we could set up a contract and I dont see why not. The only risk is the cost so we could set something up. We do refill nitrous and run e-85 for race gas, other than that we dont sell anything else. Sorry not trying to thread jack...

Well I would be VERY interested in working out a "rental" of the wideband. I'll get in contact with you guys in a few months when I'm there. Thanks!

FZRguy
Thu Jan 13th, 2011, 09:48 PM
DRZ: Exhaust mods, quick turn throttle
FZR: New rear shock, shorter dog bones, new tires, gen maint
YZ: She’s goin’ sumo racing, so lots

usmcab35
Fri Jan 14th, 2011, 10:06 PM

well if everything was perfect in this world i would pony up for a rcc kit, but might have to get another that is alittle less $$, havent really narrowed it down yet just looking at them all and checking on the busa forum to see the pros/cons of each kit.

The_Jackel
Sat Jan 15th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Yea thats only thing you can do, we have installed alot of RCCs but no others. Let us know if you see one your inrested in and we will gladly discount the price for you.

Sarge
Sat Jan 15th, 2011, 12:08 PM
It's like Christmas all over again. :bananna:

NUTZ
Sat Jan 15th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I got new tires. Looking at getting it tuned in the next month or so.

usmcab35
Sat Jan 15th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Yea thats only thing you can do, we have installed alot of RCCs but no others. Let us know if you see one your inrested in and we will gladly discount the price for you.

what a rough estimate for a rcc stage 1 all installed and buttoned up?

usmcab35
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 04:15 PM
yay!! just got my china made rear sets in the mail, granted they arent vortex or woodcraft, but they will be nicer that stock ones, now to buy a brake pressure switch and hook them up..I will put up pics when i get them on..

UglyDogRacing
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 04:50 PM

MetaLord 9
Wed Jan 19th, 2011, 07:11 AM
This

usmcab35
Wed Jan 19th, 2011, 08:29 AM

that looks like some fun right there!

Irishboxer8
Sat Jan 22nd, 2011, 10:25 AM
Hey, guys... new poster, long time lurker. Haven't been on here in years, since college. Hopefully going to start racing with the MRA this year, at the very least do some track days or enter the street class.

I think this winter I started my bike 3 times a month and sat on it. :) You guys have done some serious work.

Snowman
Sat Jan 22nd, 2011, 12:13 PM
Looking to replace bodywork ad windscreen on the Blackbird. Can't seem to find anything good to replace the exhaust with.

As for the CBR600RR race bike. Just needs a taller gear.

Sarge
Sun Jan 23rd, 2011, 12:47 AM
Just ordered a K&N high flow filter and a pair of ASV C/5 Shorties in Gold. Now, just waiting on DynoJet to release the damn PC-V for my bike. (Last word was March)

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Jan 31st, 2011, 09:15 PM
changed cam shafts for some more HP on my 1990 VFR. Writeup, photos, dyno sheets here:

http://vfrworld.com/forums/3rd-4th-generation-1990-1997/33650-more-power-neutered-california-3rd-gen.html

dirkterrell
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 08:41 AM
Nice results. The California crap really bogged those bikes down back then.

Dirk

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 09:12 AM
Sorry Dirk, I just sent you a PM about it. Didn't see you already found the thread. :oops:

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 09:31 AM
I'm disappointed I no longer have access to CAD/CAM and machining like I used to. I had some ideas for carburation I'd really like to change but no longer have the tools, or the money, to do it properly. Maybe some day....

Tylar
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 09:52 AM
'08 R1 bone stock to...

Frame sliders and clutch saver.
Xenon projector upgrade to 10k lumens (i think).
K&N air filter
A&R baffles in the OEM canisters, minus half the packing. :jawdrop:
ZG double bubble.

And that's all I'll do to it.

usmcab35
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 10:57 AM
so i bought some junk rearsets off of ebay, and well they were junk and made almost like it was made for another model it was way off, they mounted up fine but everything was way off, returning them today, maybe i will just get my stockers powder coated or something..

Ted
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 01:57 PM
'01 1K, Complete tear down . Dropped off the following yesterday for some shiny black powder. Should pick up late Friday, then the fun part begins this weekend. Will probably do HID and K&N air filter after reassembly.

usmcab35
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 02:05 PM
i really want to get my frame black but now sure i wanna tear it all the way down, ive done it to other bikes in the past but not sure i wanna do it now, was your frame polished before you sent it to powder coat? where are you getting the coating done at?

Ted
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 02:17 PM
i really want to get my frame black but now sure i wanna tear it all the way down, ive done it to other bikes in the past but not sure i wanna do it now, was your frame polished before you sent it to powder coat? where are you getting the coating done at?

No wasn't polished, took it in the same state it came off the bike. PowderCoating Specialties in Golden is doing mine. Tear down wasn't bad except for those bearings in the swing arm and cushion lever, which were a pain to get out. Ended up carefully grinding them out with a dremmel, but i am going to buy a hydraulic press so i can press the new ones in.

OUTLAWD
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 02:58 PM
No wasn't polished, took it in the same state it came off the bike. PowderCoating Specialties in Golden is doing mine. Tear down wasn't bad except for those bearings in the swing arm and cushion lever, which were a pain to get out. Ended up carefully grinding them out with a dremmel, but i am going to buy a hydraulic press so i can press the new ones in.

more power to ya man...I don't think I could tear down a bike just to black out some parts

usmcab35
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 03:00 PM

i only asked if it was polished since the pics above almost look as if you frame was polished at one time or another... :rock:

Ted
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 03:29 PM
^ probably too much light.. certainly doesn't look that way up close; at least to me. So just go ahead an tear down that busa. you got time....I am sure you can get it back together by St Paddy's :cheers:

Ted
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 03:33 PM
more power to ya man...I don't think I could tear down a bike just to black out some parts

Thanks man. First time doing it ever, at least i now have an idea where components are located now. We'll see how reassembly goes. If i learned one thing during this process, is to not be in a hurry, but take as much time as needed.

usmcab35
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 03:44 PM
^ probably too much light.. certainly doesn't look that way up close; at least to me. So just go ahead an tear down that busa. you got time....I am sure you can get it back together by St Paddy's :cheers:

TRUE TRUE, if you dont mind me asking what is it costing for all of the stuff in the pics to get coated? if i can get some cash for it i might give it a try...

Ted
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 03:52 PM
^ between $200 and $250 . Will know exact cost when i pickup.

usmcab35
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 03:56 PM
^ between $200 and $250 . Will know exact cost when i pickup.

hmmmm:idea:, i may just do this, did they make you do any prep work on the parts?

Ted
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 04:00 PM
hmmmm:idea:, i may just do this, did they make you do any prep work on the parts?

Nope.

usmcab35
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 04:19 PM
even better i might have to give them a ring and set something up i want my frame and a few other parts gloss black...

usmcab35
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 04:19 PM
o do you know if you can reuse the all the bearing if you get them out ok or should i just pony up and buy new ones?

OUTLAWD
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 04:44 PM
Thanks man. First time doing it ever, at least i now have an idea where components are located now. We'll see how reassembly goes. If i learned one thing during this process, is to not be in a hurry, but take as much time as needed.

Very true...I'm no stranger to tearing things apart, I'm just not too into cosmetic mods.

What color are the plastics? when I was painting my K3 750, In was wishing the frame was black to look better with the paint scheme I had in mind

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 05:37 PM
Wow Ted, that's awesome. Hope to see a thread when it's all done with lots of pics detailing the whole thing endeavor.

Ted
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 07:25 PM
o do you know if you can reuse the all the bearing if you get them out ok or should i just pony up and buy new ones?

did some research on this on other forums and everyone who touched on the subject recommended buying new ones, so that is what i did. The new bearings cost me about $200

Wow Ted, that's awesome. Hope to see a thread when it's all done with lots of pics detailing the whole thing endeavor.

For sure. will make sure i do one.

Very true...I'm no stranger to tearing things apart, I'm just not too into cosmetic mods.

What color are the plastics? when I was painting my K3 750, In was wishing the frame was black to look better with the paint scheme I had in mind

My plastics are black, Here is a pic from a few weeks ago.

Ted
Sat Feb 5th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Picked up from powder shop yesterday !

TinkerinWstuff
Sat Feb 5th, 2011, 11:28 AM
that thing is going to look purdy enough for you to ride in the back of the pack with me this year.

Hibs
Sat Feb 5th, 2011, 02:37 PM
how much it end up costing ya? i want a bunch of stuff done in black this spring. wheels/swingarm/rearsets/etc.

Ted
Sat Feb 5th, 2011, 06:12 PM
^ 3 benjamins

highpsi03
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Just installed on my 08 R1 today:
Speedohealer V4
530 Driven chain kit, black sprockets/gold chain
Pilot power 2ct's.. (cost me 60$ to mount!!!!)

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs305.snc6/181312_1545306602228_1521914090_31127516_1588636_n .jpg

deadline
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 03:14 AM
I have done most of the work to this 09 cbr 600 before winter... I think the only thing I have done THIS winter was swapping levers from stock silver to adjustable black.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1380/5134225005_2032f243db_b.jpg

OUTLAWD
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 09:06 AM
^^ :hump:

Tylar
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Just installed on my 08 R1 today:
Speedohealer V4
530 Driven chain kit, black sprockets/gold chain
Pilot power 2ct's.. (cost me 60$ to mount!!!!)

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs305.snc6/181312_1545306602228_1521914090_31127516_1588636_n .jpg

You should baffle the exhaust on your bike. I did with mine...couldn't be happier about it. PITA to install tho...:fire:

laspariahs
Sun Feb 6th, 2011, 10:11 AM
:headbang:
That looks sick.

OUTLAWD
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 11:50 AM
rear shock....check

aerofaze
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 12:14 PM
rear shock....check

Looks SWEET!!! And shiny.

The rest of her needs a bath. *wink

OUTLAWD
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Looks SWEET!!! And shiny.

The rest of her needs a bath. *wink

she's an old dirty girl...what can I say...

but maybe i'll wash it when the snow goes away

usmcab35
Wed Feb 9th, 2011, 12:47 PM
i took out my last nice day we had, went to ace hardware to get a few replacement bolts and when i pulled up i realized i had cleaned the whole bike minus the wheels, they were dusty with hand prints all over them fail... hahaha

mdub
Wed Mar 2nd, 2011, 08:21 PM
i rode a few times this winter. mainly to work...but i have been eyeing on the taylor made exhuast for my bike...have to come up with at least 800 bucks for it.

r6rammy
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 09:26 AM
i just bought my 08 r6, lots of parts in hand, will install next winter, lol. Seat time is more important when the weather gets better. I haven't ridden since last september :(

Spooph
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 10:17 AM
Got started a bit late, but just got the 250 torn down. Will post pics later..

Foolds
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 11:42 AM
Daytona got New Windscreen, Heli Bars Clips ons, and New FP Racing(Thanx to CAT =))

Cat's R6 Got - New Ingrated Tail Light, Undertail Kit and Proton Flushies

Survivalism
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 01:52 PM
My f4i got some HIDs, shorty levers, new frame sliders, solo seat cowl, some new q2s, a targa undertail, and new case cover.

Still need to check and most likely replace the fuel pressure regulator, want to get a spy 5000m alarm, and thinking about grabbing a double bubble screen.

jbnwc
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 02:27 PM
I took the winter to turn this...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/imaging-site/services/doc/5668:355872964408/jpeg/BG/async

into this... (I've been busy)

http://www.kodakgallery.com/imaging-site/services/doc/5388:507803954408/jpeg/BG

puckstr
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 04:53 PM
Currently I am Changing to subframe on my VFR750 to a 07 600RR subframe.
Eliminating the fugly (bad attempt at Repsol from the perviouse owner) orange Tony the Tiger paintjob.

Holy Shit if I had know how trashed the plastics are on the back sides I would have gone all sreeet fighter on the Viffer.

so far it looks like this. And yes I will be mounting the 600RR undertail exhaust, as soon as funds allow.
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/184721_197611173591797_100000287476419_651776_3351 192_n.jpg

Sean
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 04:57 PM
What did I do with my bikes this winter? Sold them! :lol:

dirkterrell
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 05:01 PM
Steve, I stumbled across this pic of a RWB RC51 today and thought it might look good on a 4th gen:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff146/wsmc551/RC51%20Winter%2009%20Rebuild/200001.jpg

Dirk

Snowman
Thu Mar 3rd, 2011, 06:19 PM
New Body Work
New Bar Ends
Complete detail job...

http://rapidferretracing.com/Motorcycles/Images/2011-03-03-1.JPG

Spooph
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 08:29 AM
So this and that, life throwing obstacles in the way, blah, blah. I FINALLY GOT THE BIKE.... :rock:

- Paint levers, clip-ons and brake calipers to remove shiny.
- Swap over new head with solid threads (I stripped the old ones)
- Re-install stock airbox and rejet carb to factory settings.
- Fabricate turn signals.
- Rebuild factory cam-chain tenioner
- Prep for future mods

Spooph
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Mo pictures!

usmcab35
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 10:20 AM
spooph you putting a ham radio on this one?

Ted
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Spooph Isn't that the same bike you've always had ? Or am i missing something ? (Maybe different bike, same color )

usmcab35
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 11:59 AM
wasnt the last one a older body style??

Spooph
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 12:11 PM
usm, no, no radio this time around.

Ted, yes, same bike as I've had. 2008 Ninja 250... There were a few things that were irking me after spending 40K with the bike, so time to change them before riding reason-proper starts...

Vellos
Fri Mar 4th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I got B2 Race Rails, Rear Spools, and a GoPro Hero. Need leather bottoms before I get back on the track.

puckstr
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 06:50 AM
I went from this:
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff153/puckstr/2011-01-05_11-49-02_24.jpg
To THIS :hump:
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff153/puckstr/2011-03-05_17-21-29_116.jpg

The changes shaved 30.8 lbs off the Viffer. I have a few more things to do to make it complete.

Tylar
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 07:26 AM
I like it, puckstr.

puckstr
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 07:42 AM
I like it, puckstr.
Thanks
here is a more detailed view
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff153/puckstr/weightloss.jpg

OUTLAWD
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 09:06 AM
center stand is a convenient 4.3 lbs thought :p

puckstr
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 09:25 AM
center stand is a convenient 4.3 lbs thought :p

I will get one of these

http://i.ebayimg.com/13/!CClvgLw!Wk~$(KGrHqV,!lcEz+7Zsi4FBNLnKeEW0g~~0_12. JPG

Hibs
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff153/puckstr/weightloss.jpg

wow that looks great! that's hell of a job there my friend! A+ :rock:

Hibs
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 12:22 PM
usm, no, no radio this time around.

Ted, yes, same bike as I've had. 2008 Ninja 250... There were a few things that were irking me after spending 40K with the bike, so time to change them before riding reason-proper starts...

Spooph, nice ninja! I've been wanting to pick up a 250 myself for daily duty, and those newer body style ones look great.

Explain to me what you're doing with those knobby tires. Offroad? or for winter riding?

Spooph
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Puckstr, that looks sick! Job well done sir!

Hibs, yes, the knobbies were for riding in the snow. Yes, they worked great - much better than any typically smooth street tire. They are IRC GP-1's if you were interested. They don't handle bad on the roads either, especially when riding with sand in every corner... :D However, this is the last year of me riding year-round (probably), so they're going up for sale soon, and the extra set of wheels will go towards track-use....

Hibs
Sun Mar 6th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Puckstr, that looks sick! Job well done sir!

Hibs, yes, the knobbies were for riding in the snow. Yes, they worked great - much better than any typically smooth street tire. They are IRC GP-1's if you were interested. They don't handle bad on the roads either, especially when riding with sand in every corner... :D However, this is the last year of me riding year-round (probably), so they're going up for sale soon, and the extra set of wheels will go towards track-use....

Very nice! Gives me good inspiration. I am going to try and pick up a 250 this summer once I get to CO, want one for my daily commute and also as a starter bike for my wife. I wasn't sure how much I would be able to ride it during the year though, but knowing that some knobby tires would still get me around gives me good hope! I would say I would be interested in the tires, but I need to find myself a bike first and foremost.

200sr20
Mon Mar 7th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Repairing damage from the highside and a new clutch.

dirkterrell
Mon Mar 7th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Thanks

With a little decal bling:

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/steve_vfr.jpg

Dirk

Spooph
Mon Mar 7th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Now the dent in the muffler is very noticeable..... That's a sweet looking bike. It's going to be so confusing to see it on the street... :D

puckstr
Mon Mar 7th, 2011, 05:49 PM
With a little decal bling:

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/steve_vfr.jpg

Dirk

Weird Thats what i have been designing. :rock:
What DENT?
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff153/puckstr/bender3.jpg

usmcab35
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 03:16 PM
spooph how long does that paint on the levers last before it wears off? i bought a pair of billet levers but the blue is that baby blue anidozed color. thinking about making them black..

Spooph
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 04:41 PM
erm, I have no idea, being that I haven't ridden the bike yet.... If you prep the surface well though, and then maybe dip them in an epoxy, it might last a long time....

Darth Do'Urden
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 06:28 PM
So nobbies actually work for winter riding, eh? Looks like next year's investment.

This winter, I had the carbs cleaned and rejetted for altitude...and then RODE. =)

OUTLAWD
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 07:05 PM
does anyone make 120/180 knobbies...what do those crazy norwegians put on their R1 dirtbikes?

Spooph
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 07:10 PM
I think they use regular road tires with ice screws in them... :D The CO climate is the most difficult to ride in all year round... Never quite know what you're gonna get... :D

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Picked up from powder shop yesterday !
Ummmm, I hoped you masked off all the critical ID's and OD's on all those pieces, especially where you'll press in a bearing. Powder coating is a pretty thick coating, and would be a total bitch to try and get out of all the ID's prior to pressing bearings into them. And you couldn't just file it out or sandblast it without fucking up the machined surfaces.

Of note, a hard anodize (black) looks nice (though not quite as blingy as P/C), but will actually harden the surface of the aluminum, and might fade a little compared to P/C, but it still an extremely tough coating and strengthens the metal. Also, anodizing adds essentially zero thickness as opposed to P/C adding a lot so masking is not critical.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Mar 8th, 2011, 07:45 PM
I had the fork seals redone (after 10 years and 53k miles), and the fluids flushed and replaced, and NOS springs put in. I flushed the F/R brake systems and refilled them. New plugs. Cleaned and re-oiled the K&N air filter. Fixed the SET valve error code by pulling the wire out of the connector. Flushed and refilled the cooling system. New taillight lens and red LED bulbs. New grips.

Spooph
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Now that sounds like maintenance don't by a person who rides! :D "Forget all the customization... Just ride the damn bike!" - I like you're attitude Monkey!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Now that sounds like maintenance don't by a person who rides! :D "Forget all the customization... Just ride the damn bike!" - I like you're attitude Monkey!
Thanks man. This was all maintenance I should have done years ago, but, the damn thing just ran so well for so long, well, I neglected it. Plus, being up in ID for almost 2 years I didn't have any tools to do it or even a good place, so........ Now to get some new tires on it if I can scrape up the $$.....

Here's pics:

OUTLAWD
Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Well...just finish plugs, air filter, fuel filter, brake fluid flush, fork oil flush (waiting on new springs), mounted some take-offs, oil change, straightened the exhaust from when I got hit, replaced some blown bulbs with LEDs

still have to find the motivation to adjust the valves...

and I haven't touched the gixxer...

Spooph
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 08:39 AM
MO beer! The past 1.5 weeks I've been putting in about 6 hours a day on the moto to get it ready for the parade... I've killed about 3 cases of beer.... (That's a lot for a skinny light-weight like me, mmmkay?!)

TwistyRydr
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Rebuilt the bike FRAME up!

usmcab35
Thu Mar 10th, 2011, 11:56 AM
^^ nice that is always fun!