PDA

View Full Version : New pics of the wifes ERfighter

spdu4ia
Sun Jan 16th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Shot some pics after making the new exhaust. . .

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5161/5360112473_566c239428_b.jpg
-
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5209/5360692434_61b7973aaf_b.jpg
-
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5161/5360680904_2cbb50b877_b.jpg

BC14
Sun Jan 16th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Very cool pics. Is there any kinda baffling in that new exhaust, or is it just a straight shot out?

spdu4ia
Sun Jan 16th, 2011, 10:22 AM
there is a baffle and exhaust packing in it. Without it it sounded like a tractor.

Sarge
Sun Jan 16th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I've always wanted a tractor.

Joking aside, nice bike. And nice photos. Need to post more of the Shiver. Also, I might have to hit you up come April when I get my bike back.

spdu4ia
Sun Jan 16th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Sure man no prob. The only issue I am having with it is now I have a flatspot from 5-6k. I'm hoping it is just because the computer hasn't learned the new exhaust yet.

GixxerCarrie
Sun Jan 16th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Might want to get a power commander to fix that..or stop by 303 Cycle and have DK look at it...

stimacsays
Sun Jan 16th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Great looking bike. Good job with the photos also.

FZRguy
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Exhausts like that, lead to laws like this. :down:

http://www.motorcyclepartsandaccessoriesblog.com/california-motorcycles-get-muffled/2010/09/29

spdu4ia
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I appretiate your input but it is baffled and quieter than most cruisers stock. It is quieter than some slip ons even.

FZRguy
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Doesn't matter how quiet it is, the law only looks for the EPA stamp. Denver has a similar ordinance and Golden is also cracking down on loud bikes. These are bad laws for all motorcyclists, and you hanging a baffle off the end of your header is not helping.

spdu4ia
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 07:31 PM
"Muffler - ( US ), ( Canadian ) Also called (in Britain and certain other countries): silencer any device designed to reduce noise, esp the tubular device containing baffle plates in the exhaust system of a motor vehicle"

I'm sorry I thought that I had that. EPA stamp or not, it is still what it is. I don't care if I have to put a firetruck siren on it constantly to keep people looking so that my wife is safe. This is just coming from someone that has been hit more than once from cagers not paying attention. There is no solution to the problem but I can try my best to do what I think is best. Did I do it to keep her safe? YES . Did I do it because she likes the sounds as well? YES. I respect that you prefer a quiet bike, I really do. I have stock cans on my other bike too. But that aside , thank you for your input. That is the beautiful thing about the internet. Everyone can give there opinion, and yours (positive or negative) is still appretiated .

FZRguy
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 08:50 PM
I understand it's your wife's bike, and I have modified exhausts on my bikes too. I took the Powercore off my DRZ b/c it was just too effin' loud. Sound testing is what we want, and what the AMA supports. Our legislators, in all their wisdom, have taken the shotgun approach and just banned all after-market exhaust without an EPA stamp. Your basic $300 after-market slip-on will cost $600 soon, if we can get one at all. This is a serious issue and it is here and now. Other than support the AMA in fighting these laws, not a lot we can do as motorcyclists.......except keep our bikes reasonably quiet.

usmcab35
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 04:27 PM
i think it looks ok, even if they pass the law, people will still have whatever exhaust they want. just like your not supposed to text and drive, if you get caught and have to pay, well then sucks to be you, but i highly doubt they will be running bike to bike checking exhaust, i have a straight piped streetfighter for a while and i would go downtown and the cops would be like " hey, nice bike." like you said not a lot you really can do, because there will always be super loud pipes, (harleys)just my 0.02, not trying to ruffle anyones feathers... I dont really like loud pipes btw, i like that smooth low growll...

Spiderman
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I don't care if I have to put a firetruck siren on it constantly to keep people looking so that my wife is safe. This is just coming from someone that has been hit more than once from cagers not paying attention. There is no solution to the problem but I can try my best to do what I think is best. Did I do it to keep her safe? YES
Your comments made me think of this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_w2cOsPw-lJ4/Sqvv15JX19I/AAAAAAAADIA/ca-T_VhSHx0/s400/T-Shirt+1+Back+PJ.jpg

FZRguy
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Exactly, Bob. If I relied on a loud pipe for my safety on the street, I'd been dead long ago.

spdu4ia
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Ok, well i'm not saying that is the only thing to keep one safe. Jeese you guys are brutal. Sorry you don't like it... good thing its not yours. Think how pissed you'd be!

FZRguy
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 05:46 PM
It's really not about us disagreeing on how loud your bike may be. It's a much bigger issue than that. Any bike that's loud enough to draw the ire of the motoring public eventually results in bad laws, and then we all lose. Riding a motorcycle on the street is not in the Bill of Rights. Motorcyclists are a minority and the privilege can be taken away if we act irresponsibly.