PDA

View Full Version : [Downtown] 01/29-01/30 Swap Meet

DemonRider
Sun Jan 16th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Anyone planning to attend the Swap Meet on the 29th and or 30th ? I'll be going both days I think,(so far) unless plans change!

http://www.comotorcycleshowandswap.com/

The Largest Motorcycle Show & Swap in the Rocky Mountain Region
ANTIQUES - CUSTOM MOTORCYCLES - LIVE MUSIC
AUCTION - MILLER GIRLS

Visit the Sun Harley Davidson Website
1 DAY ADMISSION:
$15 per person
2 DAY ADMISSION:
$20 per person

Admission is CASH only, no credit cards for admission!
Saturday, January 29, 2011
9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Sunday, January 30, 2011
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

National Western Complex
Off I-70 Exit at Brighton Blvd.
(North of Denver Coliseum)
Denver, Colorado

Sillisquid
Sun Jan 16th, 2011, 11:36 PM
I was thinking about it. Have you been to one in previous years? I'm wondering if they'll have parts for sportbikes. The website only had pictures of cruisers.

DemonRider
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Nope, never been, but figured it would be interesting! At the very least a time killer and away to get out of the house, maybe hit up the Birthday bash after words on Saturday!

salsashark
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 06:44 AM
This thread pops up every year and several people attend. The general consensus is that it's a cruiser event. There were/are a couple of custom sportbikes, and IIRC, the MRA has set up there in the past. But when it comes down to it, it's a leather vest and tassels event.

THoward
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 08:32 AM
MRA will be sharing a booth with ABATE again this year. ABATE does a coat check rack every year at the Swap Meet. Yea it is mostly cruiser...Harley parts. But you can come by and say hi to us if you are out there. They have decent bands and some other vendors besides parts and leathers. If you like to people watch, it's a great venue for that. lol In the past, the promoters have discussed trying to get more of a variety of bike brands, but it s slow going. We (ABATE, MRA, CDOT, CSC) are working on an event May 1st where we will have a swap meet for metric bikes. When I know more I'll be asking on the forum what you'd like to see the event to include. That's about all the details I can give right now as we are still in the planning stages.

Terry

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 08:37 AM
went a few years ago and just a bunch of fat ol' harley riders with their other 1/2 wearing way too little clothes. won't be attending

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 11:37 AM
on the people watching topic - wet t-shirt contest.

Haven't been but plan to go this year. Might be some Harley clowns but there are good people and some creative builds too. Takes all kinds and there are ass hats in the sport bike crowd as well.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 12:35 PM
The $30 it would cost Kim and I to get in would much better be spent at Penthouse!!

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Jan 24th, 2011, 12:46 PM
bump for some more hatin

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/1/128752839900459469.jpg

Mother Goose
Mon Jan 24th, 2011, 01:35 PM
bump for some more hatin

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/1/128752839900459469.jpg
Tell us how you feel next week. :D

salsashark
Mon Jan 24th, 2011, 01:44 PM
bump for some more hatin

mehh... no hate here. To each their own.

My comment was directly related to what I've seen and heard.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Jan 24th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I didn't mention any names. but the undertones are there from some.

And as I've said on the VFR website I spend too much time on; I find it interesting that society expects the world to get along regardless of religious affiliation or sexual preference and yet people can't get along or get judged based on what bike they ride? People are a bunch of hypocrites.

salsashark
Mon Jan 24th, 2011, 01:56 PM
bikes, music, sports, skin color, religious affiliation, economic status, political beliefs doesn't matter... it's human nature and it's not going to change any time soon.

Reminds me of high school when we'd go snowboarding and were just about spit on by the skiers on the mountain.

I also believe that there's a universal element that we can all hate on equally... and that's stupid people... now let's go laugh at the fountain fall lady!

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Jan 24th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Don't get me wrong, it's not like I think I'm better than anyone and haven't been guilty of the same. I just find it humorous and hypocritical that people can waste all this energy hating people based on their ride all while having strong views of diversity and "can't we all just get along"

I'm with ya on fountain lady!

MetaLord 9
Mon Jan 24th, 2011, 02:43 PM
I read that more as "there are mostly harley/cruiser riders so this event won't have a lot of sportbike-specific events, entertainment, or merchandise."

THoward
Mon Jan 24th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I also believe that there's a universal element that we can all hate on equally... and that's stupid people... now let's go laugh at the fountain fall lady!

I can agree on the stupid people...there are LOTS of them in this world!!

Terry

Mother Goose
Mon Jan 24th, 2011, 04:40 PM
I read that more as "there are mostly harley/cruiser riders so this event won't have a lot of sportbike-specific events, entertainment, or merchandise."
I read it that way too. Some of us have been to it, and it's not really a sportbike kind of thing. But go, see for yourself and let us know whatcha think. :up:

OUTLAWD
Mon Jan 24th, 2011, 05:40 PM
IIRC there was one sportbike there last year, Smrz's Duc at the MRA booth...

the 3-4 10' long busa's and zx14's with 400mm wide tires don't really count as motorcycles IMO. There were some cool bikes, but there was a large "gang" type contigent who tried to make presence felt, in a bad way. On a plus note, I picked up some WAY cheap parts.

usmcab35
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 09:06 AM
there are some ok models there, but i went last yr and it was 98% harley's and trikes, i think i saw about 5 sportbikes out of the 200 plus bikes on display, but if you want to get patches for you jacket or those smart a** stickers, this is a place to go lol

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 11:37 AM
but if you want to get patches for you jacket or those smart a** stickers, this is a place to go lol

Or if you can appreciate great paint, creative builds, and wet t-shirts.

I know a guy who is supposed to have a Harley build with a turbo. Shooting for 200hp.

Practical? - No

Cool as hell? - shit yea

usmcab35
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Or if you can appreciate great paint, creative builds, and wet t-shirts.

I know a guy who is supposed to have a Harley build with a turbo. Shooting for 200hp.

Practical? - No

Cool as hell? - shit yea

yea i never saw the wet t shirt contest, sure that is a good time for sure, and i really like the old triumphs that looked all old school racer with tons of random one off parts.. the paint was cool then, i just figured i would see more sportbikes, maybe this year :dunno:

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Or if you can appreciate great paint, creative builds, and wet t-shirts.Like I said earlier. Penthouse!! They skip right over the "wet t-shirt" part!! I prefer nipples that are untethered and flying high and proud!!

usmcab35
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Like I said earlier. Penthouse!! They skip right over the "wet t-shirt" part!! I prefer nipples that are untethered and flying high and proud!!
:lol:

UglyDogRacing
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 05:41 PM
If you make it to the show, stop by the MRA display.

http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/files/2011swapmeet1.jpg

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jan 28th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Might show on Sunday. Weather too nice and a Dual Sport ride came up.

usmcab35
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 09:07 AM
so how was it?

DemonRider
Tue Feb 1st, 2011, 09:29 PM
After all of that, I wasn't able to attend, two of my Neighbors were able to go and said they had a blast, but they are "Harley Guy's" LOL