PDA

View Full Version : business banking

drago52
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Can anyone here give me any recommendations on local banks or credit unions that cater to local businesses? I have started a new business and need a low cost banking partner for minimal needs. So far, I've narrowed my search down to FirstBank, WellsFargo, BVCU, and Elevations CU, but I'm open to any and all banking institutions, so if you think you've got a winner, let me know. Thanks!

McVaaahhh
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Are you looking for loans, or more of just business accounts?

drago52
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 07:57 PM
I don't need any loans immediately. In the future, 6 months down the road, perhaps, but for the time being, I just need a simple business banking checking account with some online services, checks, debit/credit card, etc. Nothing fancy, just the basics for a startup.

GaribaldiCU
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I personally use Key Bank for my business. The account carries no cost currently. I'm limited in my transactions, but I don't exceed those limitations/

Wrider
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 08:19 PM
I've been ripped off badly by WellsFargo, so I refuse to ever use them again or to recommend them.
I've always been treated well by credit unions and am a current member of Ent Federal Credit Union here in the Springs, but I think they've expanded into northern CO too. No fees on my accounts, including my truck loan, and they have been more than helpful every time I've ever needed help.

The Black Knight
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 09:09 PM
I've been ripped off badly by WellsFargo, so I refuse to ever use them again or to recommend them.
I've always been treated well by credit unions and am a current member of Ent Federal Credit Union here in the Springs, but I think they've expanded into northern CO too. No fees on my accounts, including my truck loan, and they have been more than helpful every time I've ever needed help.
And see I'll never do business again with ENT. That has to be some of the most arrogant bunch of snobs I've ever seen in my life. Every branch was that way it seemed. They always gave me that "you're such a dick" look when I would go in and withdraw MY money. I got the feeling they felt like I was taking money out their own personal bank accounts.

I don't like when banks ask me what I'm withdrawing my money for or for what. That's none of your(the bank) damn business. I remember when I went in and withdrew a smaller yet considerable amount out and the teller had the balls to ask me what I was taking it out for. That sort of thing just rubs me wrong and fast. ENT gets a :down:

Wrider
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 09:21 PM
And see I'll never do business again with ENT. That has to be some of the most arrogant bunch of snobs I've ever seen in my life. Every branch was that way it seemed. They always gave me that "you're such a dick" look when I would go in and withdraw MY money. I got the feeling they felt like I was taking money out their own personal bank accounts.

I don't like when banks ask me what I'm withdrawing my money for or for what. That's none of your(the bank) damn business. I remember when I went in and withdrew a smaller yet considerable amount out and the teller had the balls to ask me what I was taking it out for. That sort of thing just rubs me wrong and fast. ENT gets a :down:

Hmmm they've never treated me badly or asked me what I was withdrawing for either... That is a big :down: IMO.
Amazing how people can have such differing experiences isn't it?

drago52
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 09:33 PM
this is great feedback. exactly what I am looking for. thanks everyone and please chime in if you've got more to say.

The Black Knight
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Hmmm they've never treated me badly or asked me what I was withdrawing for either... That is a big :down: IMO.
Amazing how people can have such differing experiences isn't it?
I know, because I've got a friend that has nothing but glowing remarks to say about ENT. He said they worked with him on his re-fi for his house and what not. Had several car loans with them, etc. etc.

For some reason they just did not like me. What's funny is folks will say that WellsFargo sucks and has bad service. But the few times I've dealt with them, they always seem cool and very heads up.

And to be honest, the best place I've ever had the best customer service was Chase Bank. I have never been to a bank that was that cool when it came to customer service. My banker who set up my account with them, would always make a point of coming out from his office to say hi and what's up. Tellers were always very nice. They just treated me like a human being. And they respected confidentiality, something the ENT tellers could use a lesson in.

FZRguy
Mon Jan 17th, 2011, 10:02 PM
You will find happy and unhappy customers from all banks. Just the nature of the biz. Find a branch that is close to your home and go talk to them. Then, go with your gut.

Foolds
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Citywide Banks are a GREAT business bank. Very easy to deal with very ontop of things.

#1Townie
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Fuck wellsfargo!!!!! I like ENT they will actualy talk to you and help solve a problem. Last I checked didn't wellsfargo forclose on peoples homes even when they were paid up? Also I heard they were in trouble for their overdraft fees.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/11/wells-fargo-overdraft-law_n_679178.html

asp_125
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 08:44 AM
...and the teller had the balls to ask me what I was taking it out for.

"Hookers and blow" :D

puckstr
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 09:08 AM
UMB

usmcab35
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 09:12 AM
yea wells fargo sucks, if you want a local bank check out community finacial, they are on the 120th and main, they are super helpful and have had no problems with them.. i dont my regular banking at us bank.

konichd
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 10:00 AM
We use US Bank for our business. Great at getting things taken care of quickly and setting up accounts immediately (They setup a wire transfer account in less than an hour for our one of our international customers)

Free checks, and the flex perks are great. I love flying for free and getting flat screen TV's for nothing. There are a lot of reward programs with Flex Perks. Overall they have helped us out a lot from accounts, to notorizing, wire transfers, etc. at no hassle.

dallas
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I second US Bank. When I "officially" had a welding business, they were awesome.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I use Navy Fed for all my banking including business stuff. Never had an issue with them. Have done over 10 different loans for business, bikes, cars, etc and never had an issue. The only down side is there is only one branch in Aurora and the Springs. I typically do all my transactions online so it doesn't bother me. If you live near Aurora or do not need to go to the bank frequently then Navy Fed is my suggestion.

WHTEVO
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I mainly bank at Air Academy Federal Credit Union for all my personal and my business needs. I have been doing so for quite some time and have never had an issue with them. They've always treated me/ my business well, random calls to make sure they are taking care of my business account well, calls to make sure business checks i have written were made out by me if they remotely "think" the signature looks slightly off than on file etc.

Aaron

McVaaahhh
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 10:02 PM
I've got a really good friend that's a Business Banker at Bank Of The West. I'm not sure exactly what he does, I know a lot of loans, but if you'd like his contact info shoot me a pm. I'm sure he can't get ya set up with whatever you need, or at least point you in the right direction.

--Brian