PDA

View Full Version : speed on speeders

60pan
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 01:24 PM
:slap:

dragos13
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Speakin of speeding, I think I need to get back on the track.

My truck has been having a hard time going the limit lately, and the City of Centennial pointed that out to me this morning lol...

TFOGGuys
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Isn't parking on the sidewalk illegal?

:wtf:

asp_125
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 01:56 PM
It would help if you told us where that is... or spray painted the windows black while you were taking the pic.

#1Townie
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 02:02 PM
its on santa fe around alameda on the south bound side. see it there all the time.

salsashark
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 02:05 PM
^^ Close...

Just north of Evans on Santa Fe... southbound side

Jewell and Santa Fe. (http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=39.682363,-104.992368&spn=0,0.01207&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=39.682351,-104.992356&panoid=EWj6v0szPEBA1xnttDtxyQ&cbp=12,202.21,,0,8.68)

ChrisCBX
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Do photo radar tix have any points in Colorado?

salsashark
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Do photo radar tix have any points in Colorado?

nope

http://www.denvergov.org/Traffic_Operations/PhotoEnforcementUnit/tabid/395288/Default.aspx

Photo Enforcement
Traffic Operations
Photo Enforcement Unit

Photo Enforcement UnitThe Photo Enforcement Unit provides Photo Speed and Photo Red Light enforcement throughout the City and County of Denver. Photo Speed is an automated method of speed detection and enforcement, using a combination of radar measurement and photographic documentation of violations. Photo Speed vehicles are deployed within residential areas, streets bordering parks and school zones based on the frequency of violations as well as community and neighborhood concerns in an effort to reduce motor vehicle speed and enhance public safety. Photo Red Light is an automated method of detecting red light violations which are documented with photographs and video of the violation.

Motorists are notified by mail of the date and time of the violation, and provided instructions for paying the fine or contesting it. Photo Speed citations do not result in points being assessed against a motorist’s driver’s license.

I thought this was interesting:

ENFORCEMENT

By law, a warrant can never issue and a person can never be arrested for outstanding photo speed enforcement citations. In order to enforce outstanding citations where a person failed to pay, or if the person set a court date and failed to appear, the city is authorized to forward the case to a collections attorney to have the fine amount collected.

asp_125
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 02:54 PM
No points = revenue enhancement.

DeeStylez
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I happen to drive by and see you pulled over there on Santa Fe. That sucks big time, I never recieved any of these tickets but I heard even 1 mile over you get flashed.

Zach929rr
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Ticketers be ticketin.

usmcab35
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 03:25 PM
love how you put the bike right next to it lol

vort3xr6
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 03:35 PM
I used to wheelie past those at about 85. lol

I always wanted to call up and try and get the picture from them but never did.

TFOGGuys
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 03:52 PM
ENFORCEMENT

By law, a warrant can never issue and a person can never be arrested for outstanding photo speed enforcement citations. In order to enforce outstanding citations where a person failed to pay, or if the person set a court date and failed to appear, the city is authorized to forward the case to a collections attorney to have the fine amount collected.

Yeah...I have heard that you can pretty much blow them off....not that I would know....I never speed....

#1Townie
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 03:56 PM
yeah but i bet you would loose your license for not paying. you loose your dl in this state if you look at the courts wrong.

tecknojoe
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Can anyone else confirm that they get you for even 1mph over?

usmcab35
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I used to wheelie past those at about 85. lol

I always wanted to call up and try and get the picture from them but never did.

haha that would be funny to ask, "hey, did you just see me do that stoppie past you at 50mph? can i get that pic? hahaha

The GECCO
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Isn't parking on the sidewalk illegal?

:wtf:

Yes, and it's illegal to ride on them as well....but that isn't a sidewalk! Per the Colorado Revised Statutes a "sidewalk" is defined as an "area parallel to the roadway that is between the roadway and the adjacent property". Not verbatim, but pretty close.

I was charged with "riding on the sidewalk" a few years ago, the problem is that what I was riding on didn't meet the definition above, so I got it dismissed. :eyebrows:

FZRguy
Tue Jan 18th, 2011, 07:30 PM
I've seen the van on Hampden around Sheridan on a Sunday. It appears the photo lights only face rearward of the van. Makes it hard to tag a motorcycle, or am I wrong about this?

bulldog
Wed Jan 19th, 2011, 08:12 AM
^^ Close...

Just north of Evans on Santa Fe... southbound side

Jewell and Santa Fe. (http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=39.682363,-104.992368&spn=0,0.01207&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=39.682351,-104.992356&panoid=EWj6v0szPEBA1xnttDtxyQ&cbp=12,202.21,,0,8.68) Exactly the one that got me a few weeks ago. Actually not that bad $40 for going 11mph over....

vort3xr6
Wed Jan 19th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Yes, and it's illegal to ride on them as well....but that isn't a sidewalk! Per the Colorado Revised Statutes a "sidewalk" is defined as an "area parallel to the roadway that is between the roadway and the adjacent property". Not verbatim, but pretty close.

I was charged with "riding on the sidewalk" a few years ago, the problem is that what I was riding on didn't meet the definition above, so I got it dismissed. :eyebrows:

You motorbike hooligans.

Foolds
Wed Jan 19th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Any one know if they will mail a ticket to a commercially registered Car?

bulldog
Wed Jan 19th, 2011, 09:02 AM
This thread reminded me to send my payment.

Lauging because it tells me to write the check to "Manager of Finance". Glad I am helping them manage their finances :lol:

Wow, isn't this one clue this is just a huge revenue tactic.....

ChrisCBX
Wed Jan 19th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Any one know if they will mail a ticket to a commercially registered Car?

I got a photo red light ticket in my company car. They tracked me down eventually.

usmcab35
Wed Jan 19th, 2011, 09:40 AM
i got a red light ticket in boulder in my old companys semi truck and trailer... it was 2 am and i was sliding thru the intersection since it was pure ice lol, but i told my boss that if i tried harder to stop, i might have mowed someone over, so the company paid it lol

vort3xr6
Wed Jan 19th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I would still do it if I had a street bike. If I was on the race bike I wouldn't bother with the wheelie since it doesn't have a plate.

modette99
Wed Jan 19th, 2011, 03:23 PM
you wont lose your DL but dealing with a fkng collection agency could be worse

I wonder how that is suppose to work. All you do by law is ask the collection company to provide prove that this is your debt. What proof do they have? A picture of a vehicle but not detailed enough to know who was driving...sorry it simply is not my debt....and they can not report it to the credit bureaus as they be in violation of the law. And falsely reporting information can open then up to be sued for big bucks if you show it affected your ability to get a loan. No proof it is YOUR debt, so they have no grounds to stand on.

I would gladly deal with collections, maybe I make some serious bucks when I sue them. Maybe the vehicle in question was for sale and it was a test driver checking it out *shrug* Or a friend visiting, using the vehicle. I'm not sure who would pay the $40....I know I would not if it did not show ME as the driver.

FZRguy
Wed Jan 19th, 2011, 06:20 PM
I’m thinking they will hold your tag renewal hostage til you pay up.

Foolds
Wed Jan 19th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Wonder What they would do If you walked over and stood on the Sidewalk right infront of there camera equipment, Blocking there view for a while?

Any Laws against it?

hcr25
Wed Jan 19th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Wonder What they would do If you walked over and stood on the Sidewalk right infront of there camera equipment, Blocking there view for a while?

Any Laws against it?

Or better yet pull up right behind the van and put your hazard lights on. Be like bummer i broke down right behind you. :hibye:

usmcab35
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Or better yet pull up right behind the van and put your hazard lights on. Be like bummer i broke down right behind you. :hibye:

hmm that might be funny to see, might see if my old work will let me borrow a semi and i will "break down" behind it to see what would happen..

modette99
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 09:37 AM
and modette bring that adv tag back here:hibye:
peaces

I would but its damn cold out now and Skyline Dr is a little far away. It slightly ticked me off that the Front Range rule was not followed and with the weather who knows how long it will be till it can be moved....maybe down there sooner.

Like I said its going to go to a real off road place if I get it...Big Bike ability is a debate...I've seen people do single tracks on KTM's 950's...LOL

modette99
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 09:52 AM
As for the photo radar it is my understanding that unlike a parking ticket the Government has to provide proof it was YOU that did the speed. I have read article after article on how just showing to court will have the $40 fine dropped as there is NO proof. However how many people fight $40 fines that don't have any points attached to them.

Too many people just pay it because it is only $40 and no points. Its about making money, not controlling peoples speeds. The State knows 99.999% of the people will pay the fine, and and the few oddballs that do show to fight they drop it.

Companies send information to Collections all the time that have no proof of debt attached. A Collections company is not going to care, and again they know when people are hassled they will pay something to see the Collections go away.Just the idea that the City would send it to collections shows they want money, chances are the type of collections they are sending this debt to is one that buys debts. So they probably buy a block of these Citations, knowing they will make X amount so they give the city X amount...For $40 I would wager the City gets $10-$15 from the collection agency. If these were sure tickets, the city would be better in waiting to get the $40, or passing laws to MAKE people pay the $40.

Until laws change we do not operate like Europe. In Europe the Photo radar speeding ticket goes to the owner of the Vehicle. It is up to the owner to collect from his friend. In our country the speeding ticket goes to the one that did the crime, not the owner. So unless laws change they can ask for $40 all they want...good luck getting it.

As for with holding your tags, even if they did that how does that stop you? I simple go to TN or MI where there is a bunch of family and use my Parents address, or my Grandmothers, or an Aunts or Cousins to get a MI or TN plate. If then stopped in CO and I show a CO license and the cop says something...Hey I own more then one house this vehicle resides at such and such address and just happens to be here right now. The vehicle will be gone before the 30 day mark. I can plate a vehicle in every state if I have an address *shrug* I been thinking of doing this...paying $680 on the new Ford Edge for a plate sticker is stupid, TN it be like $100. So no I am never worried about CO holding a plate from me...LOL Nor a drivers license.

usmcab35
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 10:12 AM
As for the photo radar it is my understanding that unlike a parking ticket the Government has to provide proof it was YOU that did the speed. I have read article after article on how just showing to court will have the $40 fine dropped as there is NO proof. However how many people fight $40 fines that don't have any points attached to them.

Too many people just pay it because it is only $40 and no points. Its about making money, not controlling peoples speeds. The State knows 99.999% of the people will pay the fine, and and the few oddballs that do show to fight they drop it.

Companies send information to Collections all the time that have no proof of debt attached. A Collections company is not going to care, and again they know when people are hassled they will pay something to see the Collections go away.Just the idea that the City would send it to collections shows they want money, chances are the type of collections they are sending this debt to is one that buys debts. So they probably buy a block of these Citations, knowing they will make X amount so they give the city X amount...For $40 I would wager the City gets $10-$15 from the collection agency. If these were sure tickets, the city would be better in waiting to get the $40, or passing laws to MAKE people pay the $40.

Until laws change we do not operate like Europe. In Europe the Photo radar speeding ticket goes to the owner of the Vehicle. It is up to the owner to collect from his friend. In our country the speeding ticket goes to the one that did the crime, not the owner. So unless laws change they can ask for $40 all they want...good luck getting it.

As for with holding your tags, even if they did that how does that stop you? I simple go to TN or MI where there is a bunch of family and use my Parents address, or my Grandmothers, or an Aunts or Cousins to get a MI or TN plate. If then stopped in CO and I show a CO license and the cop says something...Hey I own more then one house this vehicle resides at such and such address and just happens to be here right now. The vehicle will be gone before the 30 day mark. I can plate a vehicle in every state if I have an address *shrug* I been thinking of doing this...paying $680 on the new Ford Edge for a plate sticker is stupid, TN it be like $100. So no I am never worried about CO holding a plate from me...LOL Nor a drivers license.

yea i do the same thing, i got one of my cars plated in wa, its 78 bucks for plates, compared to 700 bucks here. i got pulled over and showed colorado id, and they asked why plates were from wa and i said that im in the military and that is where my home of record is, but im living here due to being transfered..

DeeStylez
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 12:35 PM
yea i do the same thing, i got one of my cars plated in wa, its 78 bucks for plates, compared to 700 bucks here. i got pulled over and showed colorado id, and they asked why plates were from wa and i said that im in the military and that is where my home of record is, but im living here due to being transfered..

Military, business and school is an exception. Also there is the advantage of not having to deal with CO emissions if you have an out of state plate.

Sean
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Like I said its going to go to a real off road place if I get it...Big Bike ability is a debate...I've seen people do single tracks on KTM's 950's...LOLYou'd be surprised what you can do on a 950/990 with a healthy combination of balls and stupidity. I can't wait to get one! :devious:

TFOGGuys
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I’m thinking they will hold your tag renewal hostage til you pay up.

Er..nope

I have a...er...friend...that has renewed his plate several times after blowing off a couple of Denver photo radar tixs....

MetaLord 9
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Er..nope

I have a...er...friend...that has renewed his plate several times after blowing off a couple of Denver photo radar tixs....
Yeah, this would be dependent upon the DMV to be semi-competent and/or aware of what they're doing.

Even monkeys with typewriters can eventually bang out Shakespeare. If you're not holding the right form in the DMV, you might as well be presenting them with your own feces which, trust me, I've contemplated...

Sarge
Wed Jan 26th, 2011, 01:28 PM
I don't see how these things don't get trashed, being left unattended as such. Doubtful they're left overnight.

usmcab35
Wed Jan 26th, 2011, 01:28 PM
is all those knock off k/c lights the flash for the camera? is anyone even in there?

usmcab35
Wed Jan 26th, 2011, 01:45 PM
i know some people who know some people who spray paint some stuff... hmm i think that rig is missing a mural... lol

modette99
Wed Jan 26th, 2011, 03:12 PM
NB Humboldt & Speer
http://www.smugmug.com/photos/1168717482_4zoWZ-L.jpg

So what stops you from putting a huge FOR SALE sign in the grass section behind the van? Or standing there as one of those TAX PREPARER guys in the silly outfit...LOL Or take a rake and act like your doing maintenance or a leaf blower and blocking the shots?

It seems like parking there would be illegal, I bet if you tried that you be towed by the property owner and possibly face damages charges for wrecking the grass maybe breaking a sprinkler head.

If that is a normal spot they use nails/screws in the grass is needed....LOL

usmcab35
Wed Jan 26th, 2011, 03:22 PM
^^ great idea bury some spike strips lol

Ricky
Wed Jan 26th, 2011, 03:59 PM
^^ You should submit that one to the city and inform them that they are ruining the taxpayer funded landscaping.

I found a cop sitting on the grass owned by my HOA one day, and I came up to him and informed him that his vehicle was sitting on private property, and he was trespassing and violating the rules of our association and damaging the grass I PAY TO MAINTAIN. He gave me a dirty ass look, and moved his car after I took a picture of it on the grass. What was he doing? Running a speed trap. I guess one must generate money to pay for the property they destroy in the process of making that money.

FZRguy
Wed Jan 26th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Saw a story on the news last night re a photo van parked within 100 feet of a 25 MPH work zone sign. It was flashing like crazy since you didn't really have enough time to slow down before reaching the van.

FZRguy
Wed Jan 26th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Here's the link: http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-road-work-and-photo-radar-boil-01252011,0,433484.story

JohnEffinK
Wed Jan 26th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I found a cop sitting on the grass owned by my HOA one day, and I came up to him and informed him that his vehicle was sitting on private property, and he was trespassing and violating the rules of our association and damaging the grass I PAY TO MAINTAIN. He gave me a dirty ass look, and moved his car after I took a picture of it on the grass. What was he doing? Running a speed trap. I guess one must generate money to pay for the property they destroy in the process of making that money.

Beauty! I know I would be pissed having lived in some HOAs that were outrageous.

John

modette99
Thu Jan 27th, 2011, 12:19 PM
^^ You should submit that one to the city and inform them that they are ruining the taxpayer funded landscaping.

Yep that is ridiculous. I think I would have mailed an invoice to the police department out of principle for cost of dirt and grass seed and maybe broken sprinkler heads along with the picture of the cop sitting there and tell them if they don't pay in 30 days it is going to collections. I bet they would tell the cop to KNOCK it off and maybe even pay. Being an HOA I would of brought it up to them to handle...but probably stills end the picture to the Chief and ask why cops are wrecking the grass of your HOA to catch a speeder.

Plus the wear and tear of those vans hoping curbs. I guess time for flip up plates if you live in Denver...LOL I really hope these do not come to Springs.

PunyJuney
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 02:14 PM

I had one constantly sitting in the driveway where I own a townhouse on Bowles just down from C470 in Littleton. I evicted him also, but not for damage, just for trespassing. Now they sit a block further down the street toward Simms. I didn't end the speed trap but at least it's more visible now.

Ricky
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 02:23 PM
I had one constantly sitting in the driveway where I own a townhouse on Bowles just down from C470 in Littleton. I evicted him also, but not for damage, just for trespassing. Now they sit a block further down the street toward Simms. I didn't end the speed trap but at least it's more visible now.

Yeah, they can't do that shit on private property. At the very least, you created a hassle for them.

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I have had charges dropped on a photo speed citation and a photo red light.

For the speed citation, I went to the courthouse and requested a court date. I did not contest that I was the driver shown in the photo. Just two days before court, I received a call that charges were dropped.

The red light ticket was too recent so discussing on an open forum would not be wise.

vort3xr6
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 03:02 PM
I drive like betty white. I got enough problems besides lookin out for the Po.

modette99
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 04:06 PM
The red light ticket was too recent so discussing on an open forum would not be wise.

Yeah because TinkerinWstuff is known at the courthouse...LOL And Cops patrol websites in hopes of a find that will make their career. :wait:

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 04:10 PM
basically.

wind is bad today, need to add a chin strap to my tinfoil hat.

Swift
Wed Feb 16th, 2011, 11:11 PM
I'm bringing a box of dry wall nails with me the next time I see the van so I can spread them in the grass on speer north bound near university where they usually park it. It's thirty fuckin five on that section and no one ever really rips through there like its bandimere. There are some really nice houses in that section of town especially since the Denver Country Club is right across the street so I'm sure the neighbors aren't thrilled about DPD parking there.

MetaLord 9
Thu May 26th, 2011, 01:42 PM
It took 3 of 'em to pull you over? that's a hell of a dy pass man...

derekm
Thu May 26th, 2011, 10:04 PM
well not sure what to make of all this, someone I know that resembles me passed a pr van and while they didn't have time to brake, they did have time to flip the bird! will post when friend gets it