PDA

View Full Version : Slow Busa? Try this....

Mother Goose
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Tired of that boring, slow Hayabusa or ZX-14? Want to own a bike with some real engine displacement and midrange punch? If you wait a year, you may be in luck. The MGR Midalu has been in development for several years in the Czech Republic, and is expected to go into production next year. Featuring a 2442cc v-6 developing more than 240 hp and 160 lb/ft of torque, the Midalu is expected to weigh approximately 600 pounds and feature top shelf componentry (check out the billet swingarm).http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2011/01/fgr-midalu-2500-v6/

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/011811top-i.jpg

Sarge
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 08:43 AM
:shocked:

Wrider
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 08:46 AM
And you guys talk shit about how a Busa is slow to corner....

salsashark
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 08:50 AM
I spy with my little eye...

something that looks a little like a Ducati/Triumph/MV Agusta with a dash of B-King...

I think it looks awesome!

As for the 600Lbs?! Holy crap!!! no thank you.

salsashark
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 08:52 AM
favorite comment on the linked site...

"I wonder if an after market exhaust would free up some ponies."

ghostrider_9
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Yeah, but it still won't be better than the Gixxer 1 Billion!

Mother Goose
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 08:59 AM
As for the 600Lbs?! Holy crap!!! no thank you.
It's a V6! What do you expect?! :lol:

vort3xr6
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Might as well get a Boss Hog

usmcab35
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 09:15 AM
wow 600lbs is kinda heavy, but that is sure to be a fun ride. i did a stroker kit, and a cleaned up head and i got 212hp on my last dyno run on my busa. I sure with the turbo next winter i will be way over that number with less than 600 lbs. but not saying if i had the cash i might buy one, that looks sexy.. love the short tail and all the billet work..

usmcab35
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 09:15 AM
o wow i just noticed the exhaust, i like it even more now..

TFOGGuys
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Needs a supercharger....

BTW, actual curb weight of a ready to ride Hayabusa is ~535 lbs, so 600 ain't that far off...

salsashark
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 09:24 AM
It's a V6! What do you expect?! :lol:

:dunno:

600 just seems like a monstrous weight. After further review, the ZX-14's 566Lbs so I guess an extra 40Lbs for two more cylinders is not that big or a deal. I just remember how much of a pig my zx14 was in the mountains... especially compared to the Multi.

All that being said, if I had the coin laying around, I'd have one. I think it looks sick. The biggest baddest BrutaleMonsterTriple you've ever seen.

usmcab35
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Needs a supercharger....

BTW, actual curb weight of a ready to ride Hayabusa is ~535 lbs, so 600 ain't that far off...

true, i wasnt sure if they were taking about ride weight or dry weight. dry weight is 478 for a 1gen busa. and i say twin turbo, haha why not.. who doesnt want a bike with 800hp v6 twin turbo lol :drool:

Sean
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 10:03 AM
I think it actually looks pretty nice. It's probably a f'ing beast to toss in the corners! :lol:

"Tired of that boring, slow Hayabusa or ZX-14?"
I've been saying that to myself all morning!

mforza
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 10:05 AM
The engine sounds great, I like it a lot!

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Yeah, but it still won't be better than the Gixxer 1 Billion!:lol::spit::bow::pointlaugh:

usmcab35
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I think it actually looks pretty nice. It's probably a f'ing beast to toss in the corners! :lol:

"Tired of that boring, slow Hayabusa or ZX-14?"
I've been saying that to myself all morning!

i bet, my hayabusa is like throwing a couch thru the corners... good way to get a upper body workout lol

gxrsteve
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 01:09 PM
@ usmcab35 who did your stroker kit and what did it run you? I am lookin for a semi affordable motor upgrade and I like the sound of your numbers. That bike looks like fun though price prob isnt

MetaLord 9
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 01:29 PM
fugger better come with a seatbelt...

At least when all the squids go try to buy the biggest baddest, most compensating bike they can, you'll be able to drop the donor engine into a civic for fairly cheap...

ChrisCBX
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I like it. :)

I like this comment too..............

Ruefus says:
January 20, 2011 at 8:52 am (http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2011/01/fgr-midalu-2500-v6/comment-page-1/#comment-14539)
Y’know…..the one thing this bike is missing is some honest-to-God knock-your-socks-off style. To a large degree, it looks like every other naked running around. One of the amazing draws of the CBX is the fact you get to see all 6 headers snaking their way around. The Valkyrie did this well, too. Some “WOW!!” factor.

Hibs
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 02:14 PM
bike sounds nice... but...

Of course, production looks to be quite limited, and whether you will ever see one of these on the street in the United States is questionable. Nevertheless, the development is real, and largely financed with state subsidies. The engine design is complete, and the look of the bike is the result of the work of a winner of a design competition that included dozens of designers. Prototype testing will be completed this year.

i'm sure it probably has a $20k+ price tag. no thanks.

Hibs
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 02:20 PM
i did a stroker kit, and a cleaned up head and i got 212hp on my last dyno run on my busa.

wow, that seems like pretty stout numbers. what year busa you have? and are you talking 212hp at the wheels? pump gas? did you dyno stock?

i know it varies from dyno to dyno, and some dyno's are more forgiving then others. back home though i remember a typical busa/zx12 would put down 155-160rwhp. i've seen some zx12r's with pipe/pc3/filters/tune put down as much as 180rwhp... but damn 30more hp then that N/A seems like a lot!

usmcab35
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 02:35 PM
@ usmcab35 who did your stroker kit and what did it run you? I am lookin for a semi affordable motor upgrade and I like the sound of your numbers. That bike looks like fun though price prob isnt

if you are looking for affordable, a stroker kit might not be your choice. i got it off some one who bought it then wrecked the bike before putting it on and i got it for 3 grand, it is 4k+ new. the brand is APE, not sure if they make one for you bike, but they are the best, used by a lot of drag and speed record guys. it did bump mine up quite a bit but it is spendy.. looking back i might have just bought a turbo kit. i had a buddy in cali put it on.

usmcab35
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 02:38 PM
wow, that seems like pretty stout numbers. what year busa you have? and are you talking 212hp at the wheels? pump gas? did you dyno stock?

i know it varies from dyno to dyno, and some dyno's are more forgiving then others. back home though i remember a typical busa/zx12 would put down 155-160rwhp. i've seen some zx12r's with pipe/pc3/filters/tune put down as much as 180rwhp... but damn 30more hp then that N/A seems like a lot!

i have a 02, and yea at the wheels, not sure what kind of dyno my buddy had, i just sent him the bike and got it back all done. part of that hp number is also the airbox mod, full pipe, pc3 and polished head, etc he is a busa fanatic, mine probably was the slowest one in his garage, i drool all over the floor when i go there...:drool:

Hibs
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 02:54 PM
i have a 02, and yea at the wheels, not sure what kind of dyno my buddy had, i just sent him the bike and got it back all done. part of that hp number is also the airbox mod, full pipe, pc3 and polished head, etc he is a busa fanatic, mine probably was the slowest one in his garage, i drool all over the floor when i go there...:drool:

nice. you'd be a good race for my lowly zx12 :harrrrr:

usmcab35
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 02:59 PM
nice. you'd be a good race for my lowly zx12 :harrrrr:
haha yea, i got plenty of power on reserve, but normally ride in the back of the pack in the canyons, i dont like getting knee dragging silly like some of these younger riders i rode with last year, but i dont mind being in the back, a flip of the wrist and i can be in the front if i want lol

Hibs
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 03:03 PM
haha yea, i got plenty of power on reserve, but normally ride in the back of the pack in the canyons, i dont like getting knee dragging silly like some of these younger riders i rode with last year, but i dont mind being in the back, a flip of the wrist and i can be in the front if i want lol

i used to knee drag, back in the day when i had a SV1000S. then i high sided at about 110mph, now i just stick to drag racing, street cruising, and the occasional top speed race. would be nice to chalk up a 200+hp busa in my list of "kills" :devious:

usmcab35
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 03:08 PM
i used to knee drag, back in the day when i had a SV1000S. then i high sided at about 110mph, now i just stick to drag racing, street cruising, and the occasional top speed race. would be nice to chalk up a 200+hp busa in my list of "kills" :devious:

haha sounds like you think its already a done deal. hahaha i ride mine everywhere minus the track, havent done that on this one yet. its fun in the twistys but gives you a workout tossing it thru the corners.. most of the miles on it so far are from long rides, twistys, and daily driver..

Hibs
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 03:18 PM
haha sounds like you think its already a done deal. hahaha i ride mine everywhere minus the track, havent done that on this one yet. its fun in the twistys but gives you a workout tossing it thru the corners.. most of the miles on it so far are from long rides, twistys, and daily driver..

ya that's about all mine gets too. i never even got a chance to take it to the track last year. my last time at the strip was in december of '09. i like to ride twisties still, but just take them at a brisk pace, nothing fast.

usmcab35
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 03:31 PM
ya that's about all mine gets too. i never even got a chance to take it to the track last year. my last time at the strip was in december of '09. i like to ride twisties still, but just take them at a brisk pace, nothing fast.

we can be the tail end of some rides and race each other on the long straights...

Hibs
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 03:35 PM
we can be the tail end of some rides and race each other on the long straights...

sounds good 8)

usmcab35
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 03:56 PM
i wonder how wide this bike is with that v6... hopefully not like a boss hog, i sat on one of those and it was way way beyond massive..