PDA

View Full Version : Steeles Cycles

Ol'Skool
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Looked at a couple of bikes at their englewood location, will probably check out windsor tomorrow. Anyone know of them? bought a bike or parts?
Would like feedback both + and -
Thanks.

Reyven
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Looked at a couple of bikes at their englewood location, will probably check out windsor tomorrow. Anyone know of them? bought a bike or parts?
Would like feedback both + and -
Thanks.

PM Smitty, he's been out there a couple times recently

MetaLord 9
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Treated me like shit the only time I went there. Whole place can take a flying fuck in a rolling donut. I've heard pretty similar stories from most folks who have had the misfortune to end up there.

asp_125
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Bought a brake disc and rearsets for the race bike there last year. I got the feeling they were making a great sacrifice from watching their Nascar or picking their nose to come help me out. That and unless you kind of know what the going prices for parts are on eBay or CL, they will overcharge you.

MetaLord 9
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Not even that will help. I asked them to be semi-competitive. They told me if I found it cheaper on eBay then I should stop wasting their time and leave.

FZRguy
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 09:03 PM
I’ve had better exp there back when Rick Steele was the owner. It is a salvage yard and their attitude is take it or leave it. Buying a bike there may be different then the salvage side.

Pharmgirl
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 09:12 PM
I got a really good deal on my Ninja there with little hassle. Of course, the guy I dealt with was gone by the time I went back to get the rest of the paperwork a few weeks later. They were a little shady on giving me the total cost, but I got a good deal on the bike and they didn't give me any crap.

Zach929rr
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Treated me like shit the only time I went there. Whole place can take a flying fuck in a rolling donut. I've heard pretty similar stories from most folks who have had the misfortune to end up there.

this

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 09:53 PM

I couldn't have said it better. If you search the forum, there's still a thread here where someone tells the story about how they sent his wife away in tears. I've had bad experiences there myself and I won't give them another dime. There's plenty of places I can get used parts from without resorting to him. Same with bikes.

Repsol a095
Thu Jan 20th, 2011, 10:56 PM
They totally could care less about customer service, but they have been able to get me hard-to-find parts when I have been in a jam, at decent prices.

I heard that they are under new management, and that they have started cleaning up the shop, so maybe this will make things a little better.

I would rather go elsewhere, but I would go to them if I was in a pinch, and they had what I looking for.

asp_125
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 07:51 AM
Sometimes you have no choice, like you need an original '73 Honda signal switch housing to match your starter switch. Then they let you scrounge around all afternoon .. after that they treat you like shit. ;)

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 07:57 AM
they should rename the place Dick's Last Resort

MetaLord 9
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 08:00 AM
More like "Cock Juggling Thunder Cunt's Motorcycle Parts & Emporium"

Smitty
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 08:15 AM
I've bought quite a few parts from them and had no problems doing it. I've gotten prices that have been comparable to what I've found on the internet. The only person that I've dealt with there is Randy though. Grated he doesn't smile much but I haven't had a problem dealing with him.

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 08:29 AM
probably depends on whether they are going through withdrawals or not. If the latest shipment came in, they're probably in a great mood and treat people real well.

usmcab35
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 08:50 AM
they should rename the place Dick's Last Resort

haha i used to love going to that place when i was stationed in cali, but i brought my mom there once and didnt tell her about the whole thing, she was afraid to order lol

DorJammer
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 11:19 AM
probably depends on whether they are going through withdrawals or not. If the latest shipment came in, they're probably in a great mood and treat people real well.

This

bunch a meth heads

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 12:05 PM
A junk yard that thinks it sells gold. I'm w/ the majority here...the place blows, don't waste your time.

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 01:08 PM
I disagree.

Steeles is the only place that people go out of their way to make sure everyone knows how shitty they are. You can look at any other of the 100's of shops and dealings people have with them. Plenty of posts where people might say, "not my favorite place but they haven't outright screwed me."

Steeles, folks foam at the mouth at the opportunity to share their opinions. I think that says something.

Sarge
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 01:11 PM
After all this I almost want to stop by to just see what all the fuss is about. :lol:

MetaLord 9
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 01:13 PM
I disagree.

Steeles is the only place that people go out of their way to make sure everyone knows how shitty they are. You can look at any other of the 100's of shops and dealings people have with them. Plenty of posts where people might say, "not my favorite place but they haven't outright screwed me."

Steeles, folks foam at the mouth at the opportunity to share their opinions. I think that says something.
^^Agree.

poor or no customer service is one thing. It's a junk yard, I get it. I'm not looking for someone to wipe my ass and polish my sack.

Actively trying to be shitheads is another thing. I'd rather send my money to China, wait six months for a part, and then have to return it because it didn't fit, than give those knobgobblins a goddamn cent of my money for the right part that fits.

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 01:25 PM
this one is my favorite where they sent dudes wife away in tears:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showpost.php?p=450212&postcount=21

FZRguy
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 07:11 PM
It was 3 or 4 years ago that the Steele's sold it. Rick and Brandon (his son) were still working there last time I dropped by a couple years ago.

Ol'Skool
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 07:34 PM
So, we went to both locations this week. The englewood store had about a dozen bikes and no one was in a hurry to help me. Very um "urban" (ghetto) environment.
The windsor store was much larger much cleaner and greg the sales guy actualy walked us bike to bike giving us the low down and was very personable. I couldnt get him to drop the price on an FZ1 but hey, thats cool its the cheapest in town.

derekm
Sat Jan 22nd, 2011, 08:48 PM
deal with randy or die

Ol'Skool
Sun Jan 23rd, 2011, 07:13 AM
:| rrrrrright

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Jan 23rd, 2011, 12:54 PM
Have dealt with Randy, he's moodier than a 13yr old girl.

Lets see, "daddy sold the business and all I've got is this stinkin job" Go figure