PDA

View Full Version : Male Bikers Prefer Women Over Motorcycles

Snowman
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 12:23 PM
Study: Male Bikers Prefer Women Over Motorcycles (http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx/study-male-bikers-prefer-women-over-motorcycles.htm)
In a recent study performed by the University of Strathclyde (UK) with male and female motorcycle riders from the USA, UK and Germany, they discovered some strange results. The study was run in order to find out if present day bikers are as Hollywood portrays us, ie, hard living, fun loving, raw and mavericks. You know, like Easy Rider or like Sonny Barger ...

But the study shows that more and more white-collar folks start riding motorcycle at a later stage in their lives. Often blue-collar workers ride because it's affordable, or as rebellion, but the BAMBI generation ride because they missed out, and are now riding to catch up.

Male Bikers Prefer Women Over Motorcycles

76% of male bikers prefer women over motorcycle. Does that mean that the remaining 34% are gay? Or are they just not that fanatic, that if given the choice, they'd opt for a woman rather than a bike. I guess it's a question of priorities..

But, no surprise here, if given an alternative choice, male/female motorcycle riders will prefer a motorcycle ride over (these figures are gender average) :

32% Play with kids
29% Christmas with the family
25% A cozy fireplace
25% Romantic sunset
24% Newborn baby
22% Beautiful old-timer
17% Puppies
11% Kittens

Just looking at the figures, I made an incredible discovery! Bikers prefer dogs over cats.

Male versus Female Bikers
But enough about male bikers, what about female bikers (I knew you were going to ask me that)? Obviously these figures are going to go the other way, since we all know that female bikers aren't real bikers.... right?

WRONG! In fact, they are more into motorcycles than male bikers.

Were 56% of male bikers preferred biking over playing with their kids, a shocking 88% of female bikers prefer riding motorcycles over playing with the kids.

We know that kids, specially teenagers can be pesky, so I can understand the result. But obviously when given a choice between riding and a new born baby, women will flock to the baby. Right?

WRONG. While 21% of the men would choose the baby, (take a deep breath... hold it....) ZERO % of women surveyed preferred the baby option.

So that blows that myth out of the water. Women prefer riding than playing with kids, being with a newborn baby, probably even more than having sex....maybe.

When looking at all the choice together, 74% of men would choose riding, while a whooping 85% of women would choose riding.

:lol:

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 12:50 PM
interesting, but like all statistics......

asp_125
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 01:10 PM
Women prefer riding than ..., being with a newborn baby

Why anyone would put up with a messy, leaky, annoyingly loud finnicky.... oh wait, I was talking about a Harley. ;)

{edit.. the poll is missing "sushi" }

MetaLord 9
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 01:14 PM
{edit.. the poll is missing "sushi" }
no, it had sex listed

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 01:29 PM
it's really not fair. If I was single and on the prowl then it would absolutely be "sex" and "women"

but being married changes things a bit

MetaLord 9
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 01:31 PM
^^narrows it down to just sex, huh?

OUTLAWD
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 02:17 PM
+ 1 to getting ink...but I voted sex

aerofaze
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 02:21 PM
The preferences of female motorcyclists can be applied to me- in a broad sense.

You have to think about it this way, though: women who ride their own motorcycles are highly likely to be types who value freedom and independence ANYWAY; therefore, the results would definitely be expected to show that they prefer time with their bikes versus spending time with high-maintenance kids and babies.

For me at least, my bike is a symbol of self-sufficiency and independence, and those two things get me high whenever I riiiiiiide...

Sarah

Sarge
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 03:07 PM
I didn't realize until after the fact that I could choose more than one option, but I picked another motorcycle. I've got more woman than I can handle back at home. ;)

asp_125
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 03:51 PM
Kittehs are way down on the list? Fail.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/5/22/umakekittehsa128559777412167786.jpg

Snowman
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 04:00 PM
I would think age would have a factor as well. With more older riders who understand the differences between sex and bad sex, got over having kids and owns a dog, you would think they'd just prefer another motorcycle.

Younger riders on the other hand wouldn't care what kind of dog it was.

LordLosh
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 08:29 PM
I want a ktm rc8 and a 1098 or 1198 i want new zx10 i want lots of new bikes and that would make me happy

FZRguy
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 08:37 PM
Would you rather have 20 minutes of sex, or an all day sport ride in the summer on the best roads this state has to offer (think Hwy 92 and surrounding area).

I'll take the moto ride.

asp_125
Fri Jan 21st, 2011, 09:29 PM
Would you rather have 20 minutes of sex, or an all day sport ride in the summer on the best roads this state has to offer (think Hwy 92 and surrounding area).

I'll take the moto ride.

20 minutes? You're doing it wrong!

OUTLAWD
Sat Jan 22nd, 2011, 03:45 AM
20 minutes? You're doing it wrong!

"like"...all day ride still sounds good tho

mtnairlover
Sat Jan 22nd, 2011, 06:37 AM
Love the comments in this thread. The poll? Meh...

I'm not even close to the "typical", "average"..."norm" and that's the way I like it!

Older woman, with kids (I actually do like spending time with them), love riding all fricken day long...and sex? Mmmm...rawr all day long...

And that's my take.

But...here's a scenario...I plan the all-day ride ahead of time in order to get all the other stuff taken care of. :bananna::eyebrows: :hump:

BC14
Sat Jan 22nd, 2011, 08:55 AM
I voted another bike.

Snowman
Sat Jan 22nd, 2011, 11:38 AM
Obviously there is no right or wrong answer. It's just personnel preference given age, gender and family situation.

But lets face it, sex is currently being beating out by another motorcycle. So I would venture to guess that primal urges are not as strong as an adrenaline rush. I guess that is one way to reduce the population.

Sarge
Sat Jan 22nd, 2011, 11:46 AM
Or maybe this is a motorcycle club and we're all biased? :lol:

BC14
Sat Jan 22nd, 2011, 01:34 PM
Well, no kids for me, ever, so I won't be contributing to the problem.