PDA

View Full Version : Full/Part time welding needed shortly after july.

Rooster
Mon Jan 24th, 2011, 08:34 PM
ill be looking for a full time or part time job shortly after july. i get out of the army in the beginning of june but ill be going home to maryland for a week or 2 in the middle of july.

i dont have any college yet. ill start after july though.
my qalifications are military obviously. im a tanker as of now, playing with a tank. not fueling up trucks. lol.
i have my CDL license. or at leas thats what it still says in my license. i dont know if i gotta renew it or not. being deployed and playing solider didnt help my memory with it all.
i am a VERY good welder and fabricator. thats what ive been doing almost my whole adult life. started when i was 16 and got my certification in welding in wilmington delaware with apex piping co.
i can run all kinds of lathes, just not the computer kind. never got that far with it all. i can also weld anything from regular steel too aluminum. i can mig, stick and tig. tig is my strong point. especially with stainless.

other talents are mechanics, i know my way around a wrench. im no einstien or anything. but i know enough to get by.

im sure im forgetting something. if anyone has something in mind or know someone thats hiring just let me know.

also have a secret clearence.

Airreed
Mon Jan 24th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Any thoughts of staying in the Army? Possibly pick up another MOS or continue with the college and go Officer/Warrant Officer.

The job market is tough and you have some nice benefits with the Army.

Just my two cents!

Rooster
Tue Jan 25th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Wife said no more deployments. We can make it on her paycheck alone, but I'm not one to sit at home doing nothing for any amount of time. And the army wont let me play anymore cause of my knee. I'm trying to play the game so I don't get a medical discharge.